“America's Worst Value” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
Fulshear, Texas
“America's Worst Value”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a dump! When I checked in the lobby, the desk exposed only the tip of the iceberg..the area was small, messy and dirty. The people who checked me in we're dirty and unfriendly. When I opened the door to the room, it smelled bad, there was mold and mildew in the bathtub area and shower curtain and the unattractive, dark and dingy room clearly was not worth over $75 per night. The floor lamp had a broken switch and could only be turned on and off by plugging it in and unplugging it behind the television receiver. Another wall lamp didn't work at all. There was no HD box for the television so the large, flat screen television produced only a poor picture.

The air conditioner/heater and the refrigerator were both close to the bed and very noisy so it was difficult to sleep. The next morning when I went back to the office to turn in the room key, I could barely understand the young man who could not even provide me with a receipt. The "continental breakfast wasn't yet available but appeared to be coffee and sweet rolls, available only in the cramped lobby area. Don't go there!

Room Tip: Pick the La Quinta next door or the nearby Hampton Inn, not this dump.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

This place has numerous problems! The owner is either in over his head or unwilling to make upgrades to make it presentable. I am attaching photos to this review since photos don't lie. The online photos must be of a room they never rent to anyone since they are not representative of the rest of the place. The rooms need to be cleaned to American standards since it is in Texas, U.S.A.
The bed skirts were hiding quite a bit of trash left by previous occupants. The AC grill is missing and the unit sorely needs to be cleaned and sanitized. The carpet has several large stains and could benefit from an occasional vacuuming.
The counter tops in the "Kitchen" are covered with wall paper. The stove burner bibs consist of multiple layers of aluminum foil. The bathroom sink is nearly twice the size of the one in the kitchen. Forget about Hot water. It takes 5-10 minutes to get anything warm enough for basic cleaning. The water setting can never be on anything except full hot or you'll take a cold shower. The warm water you do get does not last long enough for anything but a "quickie" shower.
The refrigerator seal is gone at the bottom of the door. This lets the cold escape which makes compressor work more than is necessary. Inside the refrigerator top is ice from the effort of the compressor to keep up. But the lack of a bottom seal makes the ice melt which results in the thing constantly dripping and causing a mess. Every surface is rusting and some areas have been completely rusted away. The Freezer section is snowing, again due to the bottom seal of the reefer.
I could never see more than $20 per night here and I would NOT stay here again unless I was really desperate. Sam and the rest of the family are nice people with seemingly good intentions, but again I think they are in over their head. I also doubt they will allow this to post.
In their defense, I MUST say, I saw NO signs of Bed Bugs as reported in an earlier review.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
We do understand the issues you had faced and we are acknowledging your concerns, we sincerely apologies for the inconvenience, and these matters are being addressed currently, many of your concerns are also being addressed in the ongoing renovation. Thank you very much for informing your concern to us.
General Manager of
Americas Best Value Inn,
New Braunfels, TX
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed in this place a while ago but have not got round to a review until now !

Do NOT stay here ! ....management is H O R R I B L E !
they do not care about anything but money !
GOT BITTEN BADLY BY BED BUGS ! HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL !

nearly 100 BITES all over my body !

STAY AT YOUR OWN PERIL ! they do not give refunds either !
Do NOT trust Management

i would give this place less than... ZERO IF I COULD !

WORST HOTEL I have ever been in ! PERIOD !!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sam P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Good Day, I am so sorry to read that you had such a terrible stay while you were at my hotel. I have talked to my staff, and I have put a new procedure in place that will assure that the issues you mentioned in your review will be resolved before any of my guests enter any of my rooms or set foot onto my hotel grounds.
Americas Best Value Inn,
New Braunfels
Dayton, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

First you have to be able to get to this motel which isn't easy--the only way is through the gas station. When we arrived the AC was completely turned off--the room took a long time to cool off. Very small pool in the middle of the paved parking lot. Free continental breakfast--beverages were bad & it looked like they went to that gas station & bought some doughnuts that weren't very good & that was about it. We ended up eating breakfast elsewhere. The place just looked gross. My niece accidentally left her Build-a-bear stuffed pony in the room after checking out. We were still in town when we realized it. We called the motel to notify them to check the room & that we would be back to retrieve. After about 2 hours of sightseeing we went back to the motel to get the stuffed animal. Here the manager never even talked to the cleaning people after we called (it's not like this place is that busy that he didn't have the time). He finally did call & the stuffed toy was looked in her cleaning area which the manager didn't have a key to. We were going to have to wait until the cleaning person returned to the motel. We ended up having to wait around for another 90 minutes or so. This manager was very rude to both my cousin & her husband & wasted a lot of our vacation time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sam P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello, I am so sorry to see that you had issues with your room and our service while you were our guest. It is and always has been our intention to do our best to serve every guest that walks through our doors. Please note that I take all guest concerns seriously and I have cured all of the issues that you mentioned in your review.

Americas Best Value Inn

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!