“A piece of heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 activities in New Braunfels
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Body Shoppe is a premiere massage therapy center and day spa located in historic downtown New Braunfels, Texas. This spa is operated out of a grand Victorian home of the late 1800's period and over-looking the beautiful Comal River. The Body Shoppe offers therapeutic massage for women, men and couples, luxurious body treatments and revitalizing facials. The Body Shoppe is the perfect "hideaway retreat", with it's classic, elegant decor`, cleanliness and tranquil ambiance. It is the intent that all Body Shoppe staff treat their guests with absolute professionalism and exceptional service. When you visit New Braunfels, you are sure to have a wonderful, memorable experience at The Body Shoppe.
Houston, Texas
“A piece of heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 18th anniversary a few weeks ago, and we took our annual trip to New Braunfels/Gruene. We'd both had individual massages at different places in Houston, but we wanted to do something special for our anniversary; we booked a couples massage at The Body Shoppe. First of all, our anniversary fell on a Monday, and they just recently started opening on Mondays, so, generally, the owner, Roxanne, works alone on Mondays. Without hesitating, Roxanne was VERY accommodating and offered to have another therapist come in for a couple hours so that my husband and I could have our "anniversary couples massage." We arrived to an absolutely elegantly decorated and romantic room with dim lighting, lit fireplace, lots of candles, and rose petals scattered about as well as in the shapes of hearts on our massage beds. She offered us complimentary champagne because of our anniversary (besides cold, bottled water) to go along with our chocolate-covered strawberries that were wonderfully delicious! The robes she had for us to wear were so plush and soft, I didn't want to take it off. I could go on and on about how nice, accommodating, and professional they were in all the small details; however, I need to tell you about the massage. What can I write? Words do not do it justice. It was "a piece of heaven!" They asked us in advance what our bodies needed, and Roxanne delivered EXACTLY what my husband needed, and Sharon performed EXACLTY what I needed. It was magnificent...a true work of art. You must get their "Body Shoppe Signature Massage" because you'll love the hot, smooth rocks and everything else done from head to toe. I could go on and on because it was just perfection. My husband and I never wanted to leave those tables. He continued talking about our experience for DAYS afterwards! We have officially decided to make it a part of our annual anniversary tradition in New Braunfels! THANK YOU, Roxanne and Sharon, for a wonderful anniversary couples massage. Our overall experience was great, and our bodies felt like never before! Keep up the GREAT work! Very satisfied Houston customer! :^)

Visited June 2012

Houston, Texas
15 attraction reviews
“Never on Sunday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Great massage but unfortunately they are not open but part of Saturday and never on Sunday. Nice quiet residential location.

Visited May 2012
San Marcos, Texas
“The best massage EVER!! Request Roxanne!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I just got back from the absolute best massage that I have ever had. I get massages everywhere I go, and I have never experienced a massage that felt that amazing. I am a college student and always looking for a good deal, so when I saw their $20 off any massage on Wednesdays, I could not pass it up. I am so glad that I went, because I will never go to anywhere else again. Roxanne was so kind, professional, and did everything above and beyond. She even let me extend my time at the last minute. The room/setting was beautiful as well. WOW, I could go on and on. I recommend the body shoppe to everyone. You will love it.

Visited May 2012
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
23 attraction reviews
“Best massage EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I just got back from my second massage at The Body Shoppe. It was one of the best massages I have ever gotten. I had Roxanne, the owner, do the one hour Signature massage. It was a combination of Swedish and hot stones. OMG! I was melting at the end of the hour. I floated out of the room and to my car. I probably shouldn't have driven home I was so limp and relaxed. Roxanne was very considerate of my needs. She asked what I wanted, what areas would I prefer she concentrate on, and to let her know if she pressed too hard or needed more pressure. She did not chatter through the procedure like some places. The atmosphere was extremely pleasant with excellent decor to provide just the right touch. I highly recommend The Body Shoppe. You will be amazed at how she can help you. And the price is reasonable.

Visited January 2012
Pensacola, Florida
33 attraction reviews
“Wonderful massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I had one of the best deep tissue massages I've ever had with Bethany. It was incredibly relaxing and once that great deep tissue soreness wore off, I was shocked at how much better my back and shoulders felt. The house is absolutely beautiful as well....I don't think there is any way to leave not feeling refreshed.

If I lived here, I'd be back regularly.

Visited December 2011