“Great Margaritas good burgers!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 200 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Pizza
New Braunfels, Texas
“Great Margaritas good burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I go to this cantina in the quaint little town of Gruene, Tx about once a week. I like their fish tacos and my husband likes their hamburgers. They have good queso and chips and the best Margaritas around here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great quality and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friendly, but basic service at this little cantina located just around the corner from Gruene Hall. Good sized portions and reasonable prices. Great tasting too. Give it a try!

Visited September 2012
DFW, Texas
“Wow and Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The El Rey Burger was one of the best I've ever had and I'm a lifelong Texan. The Green Chile Burger was also very good. Go there for the burgers and beer and stay there for the cool atmosphere of Gruene, Texas! YeeHaw! Service was a little lacking, they forgot part of our order but that may be because we sat at the very bottom section of the restaurant so our daughter could run around and play and we were the only patrons down there. My husband order the enchilada plate which we thought was pretty bland. Just get a burger and be happy!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Burgers were great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed the burgers. The queso was good but chips were greasy and thick. Had to clean table ourselves.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Small place with average prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was a great place for lunch. You order at the counter and refill your own cups. The food arrived quickly. We ordered the fajitas for 2 at $18.95 and a cheeseburger for $4.95. You are at the river but are unable to see it at this location. The AC worked really well. My only problem with this place is the soda dispenser. I could see white slime on the dispensers. I was surprised that they have the machine on the outside patio. I would return here and probably bring my own water.

FYI: The location was turned in to the Cantina del Rio in 2010 by the owners of the Gristmill River restaurant.

• Visited July 2012