I am in New Braunfels occasionally for business and was staying at an older Hampton Inn. When this location opened (and the old one rebranded) I was excited to have a new Hampton in the area.
The hotel is located off the freeway about 1/4 mile, so does not experience freeway or other surrounding noise. Check in was quick and easy. There is a nicely decorated and inviting lobby with a small front desk and nicely appointed common area. (Breakfast area) They have coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available 24 hours a day. There is also a small suite shop / convenience store with reasonable (for a hotel) prices.
The hotel has a very nice gym for a limited service hotel. Several pieces of cardio equipment, weight equipment, etc. There are no TV Screens in the equipment but there is a nice TV that can be seen from all of the cardio equipment. There is a reasonable pool, though no hot tub.
They have a nice business center with two computers and a printer. The hotel has free internet access for guests (wired and wireless) and the speed was about average for a hotel.
The rooms are well decorated, a bit small but not extremely small, and have a modern warm flare. Beds are typical Hampton Cloud 9 (nice beds). There are plenty, really a ton of plugs for your convenience. The rooms have nice flat panel TV's with all the cable channels you could ask for. The TV can be rotated to be seen from the bed, couch, or desk. The climate control works well and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise while the climate control is still functioning. Bathrooms are well equipped, and roomy. Some rooms have microwave, fridge, and couches. The room was quiet and had no noise from outdoors or surrounding rooms, the curtains did a fine job of blocking out light.
The area has shopping and dining within a 2 mile range. About every type of dining option you could want is available.
The breakfast area had plenty of seating in the morning. Typical Hampton breakfast. The day I stayed it was Biscuits, Sausage, Waffles, pastries, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. They also have the on the run bags with an apple, muffin, cereal bar, water, and mints. Checkout was easy as they had my bill under my door.
I hope that they do a good job of maintaining this hotel and keep it as nice as it is today. Since they have the same owners as the old Hampton that was aged but well maintained I have high hopes for this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 35 minutes from San Antonio International Airport, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Braunfels is convenient to shops, restaurants and Schlitterbahn Water Park. Guadalupe and Comal rivers offer water sports like tubing and Canyon Lake is popular for waterskiing, fishing and boating. Relax in a comfortable suite during your stay and enjoy free high-speed internet access. Join us each morning for a free hot breakfast. Our hotel is perfect for family vacations, weekend getaways or business travel and our friendly team is passionate about making your stay with us memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites New Braunfels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites New Braunfels
- Hampton Inn & Suites New Braunfels Hotel New Braunfels