“Nice stay, perfect for Schlitterbahn...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
Livonia, Michigan
“Nice stay, perfect for Schlitterbahn...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We spent 2 HHonors reward nights at this excellent Hampton Inn. Check in was easy, the staff very nice. The room was clean, as was the breakfast area. Food was typical Hampton Inn (good). The pool area was clean and the water WARM. Kids loved it. The hotel is an easy drive to Schitterbahn. There's a ton of dining choices nearby. Free wifi worked great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Garland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Hampton Inn after a long day of shopping. We were quite pleased with the clean, fresh interior of the lobby and the hotel room. I was a little disappointed that there weren't any fresh cookies in the lobby. The room was spacious and clean. However, the bed was very hard and the pillows were lumpy and too soft. We asked for extra pillows at the front desk and were told that they were "sold out" due to the hotel being full. This is something I would generally have questioned, but I was too tired to argue. The bathroom was spacious, but I was surprised that there was a large shower with sliding doors, instead of a tub. The floor of the shower was quite stained. The toilet paper was scratchy, single-ply. The air conditioner blew nice cold air, but the timing on the thermostat was such that I alternated between hot and cold all night long.

The breakfast was good...ham, scrambled egg (really egg patties), potatoes, bagels, pastries, fruit, cereal, waffles, etc.

I put this as an "average" value because I used my Hilton Points for the room, but had I paid full price for the room, I definitely would have asked to speak to the manager...since they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here after a day at Schlitterbahn. Great location, about 10 minutes from the park. We checked in about 7:00 pm and no one was at the front desk, so my kids helped themselves to the complimentary cookies and some hot chocolate. After waiting a few minutes, I picked up the house phone and let it ring so hopefully someone would answer and I could tell them I was trying to check in. There was a woman in the back who apparently was on the phone already and motioned to me that it would be a minute. Not the greatest first impression of the place, but I got over it. Still, they should at least have a bell if they're going to leave the front desk area.

Decor and amenities were very nice! The room was very clean and I was happy to see there was a mini fridge and microwave. A/C was a little loud and I had to turn up the volume on the TV whenever it kicked on. Other than that, I have no complaints about the room.

Continental breakfast was surprisingly plentiful. We slept in a little and went down at 9:00 and it was really crowded. I gave up waiting for the make your own waffles as there were entire families over there making them. My advice would be to get there early. Lots of coffees, hot chocolate, juices, etc. Look, not the best tasting breakfast I'd ever had, but it was included and all we needed before hitting the road. They also had brown bag breakfasts that you could take with you.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the amenities here and would definitely return if staying in New Braunfels.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The staff were friendly and accomodating esp when I needed a forgotten toothbrush. The room was clean except for a large stain on the curtain. The bathroom shower curtain needed to be cleaned better, it was icky at the bottom. I found it very odd that in an area where lots of people go to the river and other places to swim there were no towel racks in the bathroom?
The noise from the highway was not bothersome when the air conditioner fan was running, otherwise it was noticeable.

Breakfast was basic.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed 2 nights recently - VERY nice hotel! I love Hampton hotels anyway but the room was exceptionally nice at this location. Very clean & well maintained including a constant stock of nice clean pool towels. We really enjoyed our stay & would recommend to anyone! Will stay here again too! You just can't beat a Hampton bed for a great nights' sleep!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Burleson, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend and really enjoyed most everything about it! Wonderful, large room and LOVE, LOVE the bed and pillows! Good service. The night clerk wasn't very friendly, but she took care of our needs. On the way home, all the luggage carts were being used, so we had to make two trips to the car. That, however, was likely the fault of LAZY GUESTS not taking the carts back down to the lobby. Would have been nice if they'd had an employee to round them up, though. For the cost and location, it was a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Broken Arrow, Ok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This property was very friendly, clean, and convenient. Was there this week for business and after having been in the city and seen crickets everywhere this place was actually free from them. A safe haven if you will. Co-workers stayed at another (competitor) hotel a couple of weeks ago and cannot say the same. The Bed were clean, the air conditioners were cold, the breakfast, although usual fare, was very good. I recommended the hotel to our Admin. that makes reservations for other employees, even though it is not a direct bill account because of the cleanliness. Will stay here next time I am down on business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Braunfels? Share your experiences!