“New nice.... But freeway noise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 29 hotels in New Braunfels
Pearland, Texas
“New nice.... But freeway noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Could hear freeway all nite thats why im posting this at 3:46 am. Still good value and clean... Love marriotts free brkfast but no pets ;(. Fridge in room tooo! Would stay again..... Points from marriott always! Cars are hauling a** dwn i-35 wow@350 in am im glad im in room

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sherri R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I am so glad you decided to stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. Thank you for your feedback about your stay and I apologize for any problems that occurred during your stay. I do hope you give us another chance to WOW you.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We could not reserve a double queen room, so in order to stay at this hotel, we took a king suite with sofa bed. The king bed was fairly comfortable, but my 13 year old had to sleep on a sofa bed that the springs were poking him all night and you could hear them every time he turned over. We tried putting more padding on it, but it didn't help. The front desk did not have a topper or anything to help (no additional mattress or cot either, they did not even offer more padding).

We stayed Sun through Wed and had to eat in the lobby every morning in chairs due to the dining area not being large enough. We ate at different times each morning, and that didn't matter. The food was sub-par. No one in our group liked the eggs, sausage, fruit, or oatmeal.

Upon arrival on Sun night, I waited at the desk for over a minute, at 1100pm, before the lady even looked up from her paperwork to greet me. That is not good customer service. We left a note in the bathroom asking for 4 towels, since there were 4 of us, and the maid did not comply. We had to go down to the desk every day for an extra towel. The front desk person was always gone or would not acknowledge my 13 year old.

For $150 a night, we did not get our money's worth. We could have stayed somewhere that would give us a State Employee discount and feel like accommodating us. We will not return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I want to personally thank you for staying here with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I also want you to know that I am so glad you brought this to my attention. Here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites we strive to be the very best we can be and without your responses, we couldn't do it. I will take every bit of information you just gave me and turn it in to a learning experience and we will only strive to do better.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn location after a visit to Schlitterbahn. I have stayed in Fairfield Inn hotels before and this one would be above average in my book. Unfortunately, my daughter left her sweatshirt in the room. Sherri, the General Manager was very accomodating. She found the sweatshirt and took it to UPS. We received it just three days after returning from our trip back in Michigan. Breakfast in the morning was great as well. We would stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels. I am so glad to hear you received your daughter's sweatshirt and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Trip to Gruene for a weekend of music at Gruene Hall and a float down the Comal. Reserved four rooms for a two night stay. Check in was a breeze. Rooms, as well as the entire hotel, was spotless. The hotel's location to Gruene and all that New Braunfels has to offer can not be beat as well.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and was able to experience the Comal River and Gruene. Please come see us again soon.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel was above my expectations. We went on business/pleasure. My husband and I were so grateful for the friendly staff that gave us information on local restaurants and attractions. They made things easy-to-find and went out of their way to spend time and ask questions about what types of entertainment we enjoyed. We are challenged when it comes to directions, so I called the hotel upon arrival to New Braunfels, and the front desk clerk gave me step-by-step directions from my location, as well as "call me back if you get lost". Now, that's customer service!

The room was very clean, comfortable, and modern. One thing I really liked was that it had plenty of electrical outlets and a desk with USB hookups for all our electronical gadgets we can't live without. The bath was spacious, and the small samples of products were high quality, which I appreciate since I have allergies. The beds, which I wish I had at home, were comfy and attractively made.

There is a small shop that offers late-night goodies, such as candy bars, ice cream, etc...and the breakfast bar was loaded with scrumptious goodies that met everyone's different tastes. We loved the pool area that included an outside space, but we do wish it had stayed open later on weekends since we were out and about until 10:00, which was pool closing time. I'd love to have used the jacuzzi--maybe an adult only hour or so? But, it was very clean and well maintained.

We had a wonderful, relaxing stay here! I'll definitely book again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels. It is our pleasure having you and your husband stay with us and I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I literally made the reservation while on the highway a few hours earlier. We started out late & were exhausted from the construction traffic so we decided at the last moment to stop. We really just needed a quiet & comfortable place for overnight to rest. We were very happy with the efficiency of checking in and the clean and quiet room. We got a King suite and my 14 yr old daughter slept on the pull out sofa bed and had a good rest. The king bed was very comfy as well. After a nice breakfast which was included we hit the road in the morning when I realized I left my pillow in the room. I made a quick call to the nice desk agent & she promised to find my pillow & save it for me so I could pick it up on my trip back through a few days later. I stopped in a few days later & my pillow was safe & sound! I would highly recommend & will stay again on our next visit to New Braunfels!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I am so glad you found your way to the Fairfield Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our new hot breakfast which includes eggs, sausage and a variety of different items. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family stayed at the Fairfield Inn in New Braunfels over the July 4th weekend. We had a baseball tournament to attend in San Marcos and Seguin, so being in the middle seemed like a good choice because we could enjoy all the activities in New Braunfels including tubing on the Comal River.

The staff are very friendly. The rooms are standard Fairfield rooms with only five suites, so it is hard to get an upgrade on a busy weekend.

The breakfast was good and had a pot of oatmeal, which is much better than the oatmeal packets. The fitness room had dumbells, which is an appreciated addition as many fitness rooms only have some aerobics equipment.

The location is right next to I-35, so it is easy to get to any activities from San Antonio all the way to Austin.

Room Tip: I suggest getting a lower floor or even on the first floor as the elevators are fairly slow.