“Top notch, top value” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Coppell, Texas
“Top notch, top value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Very clean, the rooms, the hallways, the elevator. Room very nice with modern flair. No dust, dirt, etc in the room. I liked little touches like decoratively folded wash clothes. Small desk in room has a very convenient pull out connection to connect to the internet. Morning breakfast was great! Included eggs, make your own waffles, pastries, biscuits/gravy, several cereals. Breakfast area kept clean and presentable. Coffee a little bland, but not bad, which I can live with.

Hotel was quiet, which could be a function of few people in the hotel close to Christmas.

Parking lot fine and the area seems relatively safe.

Some say " you get what you pay for". With this hotel, I think you get more!

I paid only $39.99, including a 20% "organization" discount.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed at this hotel with the college cross country team I coach. Stayed two nights with multiple rooms. All of the rooms were very clean and orderly and smelled great. The staff was very friendly and helpful as we were new to the area. I was especially pleased with the flexibility of the staff in allowing us to get a late checkout on a Saturday so my team could shower before heading back to the airport to return home. Considering this was a very busy weekend because of Wurstfest, this was above and beyond in my opinion. Breakfast was limited but this was expected. Also, there was no fitness center but that was not a huge deal for us. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

A group of friends and I recently went to New Braunfels to toob the Comal River. We used the Microtel Inn as our home base. The staff was extremely courteous. The rooms were very clean, modern and updated. The concierge even arranged to have a van pick our group up to take us to a concert. For the price, it was worth it! I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Nice place for the money. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, soft pillows.....what else do you need? Only nitpick is with the breakfast. Granted, it was "free," in that it came with the room, but the coffee was bad (no cream?) the orange juice was watered down the frozen waffles were tasteless and there was no fruit of any kind. So it was yogurt two days in a row for me....but yes, it was free so I suppose I guess I can't complain too much. Had I known beforehand that there was a Shipley's donut shop within short walking distance I would have gone there. All in all I was very satisfied...my kids enjoyed the pool too. I would go back. Tom

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011 via mobile

My family and I are actually still here (check out tomorrow). This is by far the BEST motel we've ever stayed in! Room is very modern & clean. Flat screen tv, mini fridge, microwave, cleanliness & comfort for about $65/night. Awesome! Would definately reccomend to friends & family and definately stay here again. PERFECT location to Landa Park, downtown, museums, restaurants. This will be my motel of choice from now on!

• Stayed June 2011
Dickinson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Check-in was easy and the desk clerk was very sweet...but from there it went downhill. The whole second floor felt like an oven. The a/c in our room was broken, so they moved us next door. It was slightly cooler but still uncomfortable. Tried cooling down with a swim, but the pool was green. The bed was definitely the smallest queen I have ever seen. The breakfast bar had a few slices of toast and some cereal. We booked 4 nights, but cancelled after the first night. Luckily, they didn't charge us for the remainder due to the a/c problems. We were only able to find another room for 2 nights, so had to cut our vaca short. What a disappointment!

Room Tip: Try Comfort Suites just down the road.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Mesquite, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

I was so pleasantly surprised to find the Microtel Inn & Suites in New Braunfels, since it wasn't even in my Garmin GPS database yet. They have really done a great job of taking care of all of the little things that experienced travelers always look for such as great beds, good breakfast selection, drinkable coffee, nice-sized rooms and attention to room and over-all hotel cleanliness. You won't beat the price and you will find Microtel a real bargain.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels? Share your experiences!