“Early supper, great food, neat decor...” 4 of 5 stars

830 629 FISH
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McAdoo's Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 224 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Weatherford, Texas
“Early supper, great food, neat decor...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We ate an early supper on a Tuesday and sat on the patio. It was not crowded, and we had no issues with noise. We had Cajun pasta, pound of crawfish and shrimp and cheese grits. The shrimp and cheese grits were excellent. The crawfish had good flavor and came with corn and potatoes. The bread is very good, and the Cajun pasta was good. The setting is unique due to being in the old post office. It is a bit on the pricy side.

New Braunfels, Texas
“Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Housed in the old post office the decor is fabulous. The seafood is great with a cajun twist. My favorite is the Mahi Boudreaux. Check out the patio area for dining and there is entertainment sometimes. The bar is very lively and also has seating for full dining options. The happy hour appetizers are also great. Living in New Braunfels this is our favorite place to dine and the atmosphere makes us feel like we have just gone on vacation!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not a good atmosphere. Ggod food but overpriced. Better values elsewhere. Nice patio with entertainment.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Greatly overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Although the food is excellent and the service good, the food is overpriced. It is also very difficult for my 99 year old mother to get up the steps at the front entrance and it is too far to the accessible entrance from the parking lots.

Visited March 2014
Gonzales, Texas
“Delicious Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The only thing negative I can say about this restaurant is that it is loud. It's pretty impossible to have an intimate conversation here. However, the food is fabulous! I've had several of their dishes and everything I have ever had was very tasty. I had Mahi and phenomenal sauce with crabmeat and shrimp. I could eat this every day. Their garlic mashed potatoes were delicious. They are also willing to switch sauces and fish around to make you happy, very accommodating. I also asked for a special cocktail that I had tried in another restaurant. They made it according to my recipe. It was delicious too. They also have some rolls that with bread are to die for. Their dinner salads are great, great size. We had a super waitress. She was very attentive and helpful. They also have nice outside seating, although I have not eaten outside there. It might be a bit quieter out there. I think they might also have entertainment occasionally outside. This restaurant is right in old downtown New Braunfels in the old post office building I believe. Try this place out...I don't think you will be disappointed. There is a great dessert bakery across the street called Two Tarts. Yum!

• Visited February 2014