“Just Another Seafood Place” 3 of 5 stars

830 629 FISH
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McAdoo's Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 224 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Beaver Creek, CO
“Just Another Seafood Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Based on some previous reviews and the restaurant's own website, I was optimistic about this place and our party of 4 went with high expectations. The setting is pretty neat -- an old renovated U. S. Post Office with an incredibly high ceiling, neat old doors and many relics from the time it was in use as a post office. We were seated promptly and all the servers were very friendly and appeared very eager to please. Unfortunately, that about does it as far as positives. The food was just OK. The menu cnoices were fine, but reminded me of a Pappadeaux. We started with wedge salads. OK. We had a Big Fisherman's Platter (fried oysters, shrimp, stuffed shrimp, a lot of fired catfish and fried crawfish tails, all of which tasted just alike. One of our group had the fried stuffed shrimp. Same. A shrimp brochette (grilled) was a little better. The best dish of the evening was Redfish Pontchartrain, which was a nice redfish filet blackened and served on dirty rice. Our server wanted to be good, but just didn't have the ability. She felt compelled to swoop down and snatch any plate or saucer that became empty for any reason. We ordered a very fine wine for the two drinkers in the group and she had not idea what to do with it. She finally got it open, poured a tasting, and when it was found to be good she poured more than half the bottle in two glasses and asked, "Do you want me to cork it?" Oh, well. She really wanted to do a good job. Overall you would have to be unsympathetic to be highly critical of this restaurant, but you would have to be untruthful to say it was worth returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

AUSTIN
“McAdoo's Can Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I had Sunday brunch at McAdoo's. We did make reservations. By observing, it was not necessary to have reservations - maybe it is different in the evening. The service was wonderful! And the food was really good! We had a Bloody Mary to start off. McAddo's has a Bloody Mary bar where you can dress your drink with all types of toppings. You also get your choice of tomato juices and vodkas. My husband ordered off of the brunch menu and I ordered off the lunch menu. We had steak and eggs, shrimp creole, stuffed shrimp, and the Cajun enchiladas. All of it good and fresh! My favorite were the Creole enchiladas. Absolutely the best enchiladas I have ever had. It is a bit pricey, but it was wonderful for a special occasion.

New Braunfels, Texas
“Not just a seafood place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant! Its an old historic post office converted into probably one of the best restaurants in New Braunfels. One thing I didn't care for was the coconut shrimp because the batter was too thick for my taste, but the sauce more than made up for it. I had the shrimp and steak which was truly excellent. I didn't eat the jambalaya rice because the proteins really filled me up. They can make one mean steak in McAdoo's ! I will definitely come back to try other dishes.

• Visited March 2013
Texas
“McAdoo's Seafood Company”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Not crazy about the building but their food could be served from a trailer and it would still be a hit. Good size servings, fabulous taste friendly staff

Visited December 2012
“Great seafood in a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The seafood is nice and fresh and the restaurant is in a historic building in charming New Braunfels, TX.
There is a charming bar with great libations. You can enjoy the lovely patio area. During crawfish season, they offer boiled crawfish on Wednesday nights.
You should check out McAdoo's for a treat.