“Paper thin walls and poor housekeeping services” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
Tyler, Texas
“Paper thin walls and poor housekeeping services”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have had good experiences at previous Courtyard's but not this time. Although the property was nice, the bed was uncomfortable, the room was small, the walls were paper thin...we could hear every footstep, and housekeeping running vacuum in hallway early in the morning. Housekeeping did a very poor job of cleaning room including not emptying trash cans and leaving a wash cloth that had been previously used by a former guest in bath the whole time we were there. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
cyrv-gm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Danny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review in Trip Advisor, we always appreciate feedback. As a Marriott Gold Circle Award Winner, and Herald-Zeitung Reader’s Choice Award Winner for Best Place to Stay in Comal County, we pride ourselves on quality and service. I have discussed all of your concerns with our housekeeping department to ensure that this is discontinued.

We would love to welcome you back to our hotel and show you the great service and quality that you deserve and that we are known for. Please feel free to contact our sales department directly if you return to New Braunfels so we can make sure you are personally taken care of.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel,
The Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Seguin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I really enjoyed my second stay at the Courtyard Marriott in New Braunfels! This hotel is amazing -- great location and great staff. Will be back for a third stay for sure! Make sure you request a room with a balcony river view, it is so worth it! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I traveled into new braunfels for business and was very surprised by this beautiful courtyard. I was upgraded to a room with a river view upon my arrival. The front desk staff was one of the friendliest I've come in contact with and was very helpful in suggesting different things to do in the area. I will be coming back to this great property very soon!!

• Stayed January 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week early January, check in was a breeze and the staff happy and helpful. Room needed some work though, the tub was gross and the last two days they mopped the floor with dirty/sticky water and my shoes left marks everywhere and my socks continued to stick to the floor regardless what I did.

Internet access worked great and we did enjoy the outdoor fireplace and being close to the river and the view each morning.

They sell themselves as the best hotel in New Braunfels and based off driving by other hotels they might just be the best but I truly feel the rooms and some of the common areas need some work before I can give it a five star.

Would stay here again for sure, make sure you ask for a room on a high floor so you can get an excellent view of the river if possible.

Also, plenty of restaurants, bars and shopping close by within minutes in any direction. Enjoy

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
cyrv-gm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Randy,

Dear Randy

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and would consider returning. As a Marriott Gold Circle Award Winner, and Herald-Zeitung Reader’s Choice Award Winner for Best Place to Stay in Comal County, we pride ourselves on the service we provide and the quality of our rooms. All of your notes on the bathroom have been passed on to our housekeeping staff and they will be addressed.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

The Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village Management Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel has a very friendly staff...we spent two nights with a room overlooking the river. Very spacious and clean. I can highly recommend this hotel without reservation...Hot wassail was offered in the lobby..didn't eat breakfast, but had salad from the bar cafe.....it was good. If i am in this area again, I would be happy to stay here .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Jackson, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were going to be staying here during our destination wedding. We had booked the hotel online at a special rate if you pre-pay. I booked a month in advance and printed my reciept for my records. Printed on the reciept it said that my card would be charged and that it is non-refundable due to the special online pre-pay rate. The day before our wedding we make the trip up to New Braunfels and go to check into the hotel. The lady at the front desk said that we owe the full amount because the card had not been charged. I showed her the reciept and pointed out where it said that your card will be charged and its non-refundable. She said that the reason it was never charged was because the lady who is in charge of that is on maternity leave. I understand that I should have looked to see if the money ever came out of the account but when your having a wedding there is money coming out left and right. So we are 4 hours from home the day before our wedding and have barely enough money to pay for the room with no money left to get home or eat while we are there. I was in tears! The front desk lady way very unappologetic and had an "oh well" attitude. We drove down the road to the lovely Hilton Garden Inn where they met the special pre-pay rate that we were supposed to get at the other hotel. They gave up coupons for a free hot breakfast for both of the days of our stay. Luckly we had family coming into town who were staying wherever we stay. My parents were nice enough to pay for our hotel so that we had enough money to get home. I called the general manager of the Marriott and left him a message telling him that I really wanted to talk to him and never got a call back. This showed me that this place doesn't care about their guests. I will never step foot in this place again. Hilton Garden Inn it will be for us and our family in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
North Bend, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a gem of a Courtyard. For a small increase in the room rate we upgraded to a suite and found ourselves in a spacious, clean room with a usable balcony overlooking the river. Everything was spotless. This in one of the nicest motel rooms we've had on some six vacation trips around the West over the past three years. The small on-site cafe offers Starbuck's coffee and a modest selection of items for breakbast and dinner. The eating area and lobby are very comfortable and roomy with several TVs, working computers and printers. The small fitness room is more than adequate; the staff was super.

Room Tip: The suite upgrade is worth the price.