“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
New Braunfels, Texas
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

From the accommodations to the exceptional staff to the beautiful outdoor setting...very happy! Only thing I would recommend would be one morirror...only ones were in the bathroom. Maybe the full length could be repositioned into the entry,

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms, nice staff, pool and river. I highly recommend this hotel as you feel like you are staying at a Ritz but paying for a Courtyard. People are friendly and are very proud of their hotel and it shows.

• Stayed August 2012
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here two nights. The surroundings are beautiful. We had a river view room which was lovely. The actual accommodations were small, clean and comfortable, but nothing extra special. We took a walk down to the river after dark, but there is no lighting to illuminate the path.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We spent the weekend with two independent / older teenagers. I chose this property because it seemed to have more of a resort like atmosphere.

Each person we interacted with on the staff was pleasant and greeted us - if even just passing in the halls.

The property is so lush and pretty. It is surrounded by large trees including many trees shading most sections of the parking lot - and with the temperature hovering around 100 degrees, the shade helped!

The hotel lobby is not appointed to my taste, but, was nice, spacious and well maintained. The front desk is very minimalistic. It's not the traditional long, high check-in counter. Envision 2 small disconnected work stations. Check in was efficient and helpful. There is a small area set aside adjacent to the front desk which sells refrigerated drinks and some frozen food. The area has microwave.

The lobby is very spacious and open with little clusters of furniture and tables. There is a bar area which has a very limited light menu. There is a huge flat screen tv tucked away in one of the furniture clusters - which was great for watching some of the Olympics after breakfast. There is a small business center with two computers near the elevators.

The best part of this hotel is the large, lush, shaded area surrounding the pool. The property extends down to the river. It's very pretty. There is a small little beach by the dock with a few *free* tubes to float in. In addition, there are a couple of kayaks to rent or you can purchase a guided river cruise. ( I think it's approximately $25 per person for approximately an hour.) There is a large outdoor fireplace and a horse shoe game near the pool.

We had a queen suite on the second floor - it was a very large, spacious room with two queen beds and a pull out sofa. (About 11 pm we realized there weren't any linens for the sofa...so the boys went down to the front desk.) In addition, the room had two flat screen televisions and a small fridge. There was a large desk/shelf area and a very small closet type armoire.

The room was large enough to accomodate 4 adult size people adequately. The decor was not my taste, but is simply a subjective opinion - it's too modern!

WiFi worked great in the room.

The real test is the bathroom and the beds. The bathroom appeared to be immaculate and well stocked. No complaints there. I had requested extra towels and they were provided. Each bed had plenty of bedpillows. The linens, although freshly laundered, were a detraction. One of the sheets had a few small drops of blood stained on them. The bedskirt also had a couple of small stains. I guess I'm really picky - that bothered me. In my opinion, the mattress was sufficient but not very comfortable.

I included the hot/cold buffet breakfast in our stay. It's available until about 10:30 a.m. I believe you can purchase it for $11.95 per person. Cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, orange / apple juice, mini pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, biscuits & gravy, and bread for toast. My husband wasn't crazy about the food preparation but it satisfied the boys.

I feel that the front entrance to the lobby needs attention. The porte-cachere appears to have some light colored / industrial type coating covering the cement. It appeared dirty from all the foot traffic going through the doors and as a direct result was unsightly.

We would *probably* stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the river / pool side of the property.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cyrv-gm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear flyhoney,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, we appreciate all the feedback we can get!

Thank you for letting us know that you were pleased with our staff. We are known for our outstanding guest service so I am glad to know that our staff was friendly and accommodating to your family.

Since this is the busiest time of year we do get a lot of foot traffic entering and departing our hotel through the main entrance and we have let our team know to pay special attention to keeping that area clean and welcoming. I would also like to apologize for your room having a stained sheet. As a Marriott Gold Circle Award Winner, Herald-Zeitung Reader’s Choice Award Winner for Best Place to Stay in Comal County and Trip Advisor 2012 Certificate of Excellence Honoree, we pride ourselves on quality and take care to provide clean and comfortable bedding. This issue has been addressed with our housekeeping department.

One of the highlights of our hotel is our back courtyard area and I am so glad that you found it enjoyable. If you are in New Braunfels in the Fall, make sure to stay with us and relax by the fireplace while it is lit.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back!

The Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village Management Team
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is definitely a 5 star !
Very clean and great location to everything! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food at the hotel was very good. If you stay here you want ever stay any where else.

• Stayed July 2012
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I chose to stay here because I wanted the luxury of sitting in the hot tub in the evening and enjoying the view of the river. I was so disappointed! The hot tub water was greasy and dirty; disgusting! The pump was not working. The swimming pool had only one light that was on. I don't think the hot tub or pool is ever serviced.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a view of the river.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
cyrv-gm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dead viewlover_12,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review so we can address any problems that occurred during your stay. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations with our pool area. As a Marriott Gold Circle Award Winner, Herald-Zeitung Reader’s Choice Award Winner for Best Place to Stay in Comal County and Trip Advisor 2012 Certificate of Excellence Honoree, we pride ourselves on quality and we are widely known for our beautiful outdoor area. All problems with the hot tub have been fixed and I have addressed this situation with our housekeeping staff.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back so you can enjoy the relaxing atmosphere that we are known for. Please feel free to call our sales team at 830.626.4704 next time you are in New Braunfels so we can personally make sure you are taken care of.

The Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village Management Team
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel was above and beyond what I expected. It is situated right off the interstate in New Braunfels, but the Guadalupe River is right in its backyard. When we arrived, the staff was eager and willing to take care of our every need. They made sure our rooms were right next to one another overlooking the pool and river. We even decided to rent out a kayak and swim in the river!

We came to New Braunfels for a girls weekend in Gruene to shop, but we ended up getting so much more! From the pool to the river activities to the incredibly friendly staff, the Courtyard in New Braunfels makes you feel like you just spent the weekend in a resort. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend upgrading to a balcony room if you can. It was so nice to relax on the bal...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village? Share your experiences!