“Beware of Rate Changes” 2 of 5 stars

Pearland, Texas
“Beware of Rate Changes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Off Season Rates (9/2/13-5/15/2014) "Queen Room" $65 Reserve Now

After making a reservation, I received a call-back that the off season rate listed on the website would not be honored. I am a teacher & could not afford the newly quoted rate they decided to charge due to an event not listed on the website.

I had been very excited about the prospect of staying at Hill Country & planned to check out the facilities for a future family vacation because the off season rates are within reach for someone on a tight budget.

The first person I spoke to was very nice when taking my reservation and all of my credit card information. I was excited to be able to find a place I could afford on a limited budget. It is poor business practice, I feel, to reserve at and then retract a listed rate. My visit to see a friend was ruined & as a teacher who makes little money, I was made to feel worthless yet again by a business that values a few dollars over anything else.

I was put on a waiting list in case they can't fill the place at the higher rate. Somehow that doesn't make me feel like a valued customer. I wonder if losing my business & any future business from me & my large extended family will be worth the the extra amount they hope to receive for those two nights at the higher rate.

Highly disappointed

Room Tip: Be sure to question the listed rate BEFORE finalizing a reservation.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Took one last summer trip and tried the resort on the advice of my brother. A great place that has privacy you will not find at a hotel. We got our own house with no disturbing noises like you get in a hotel, even had our own porch. Very peaceful. Our daughter loved the loft. We look forward to going back for Wurstfest.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Our 2 nite stay was very enjoyable. Everything worked well. Wifi was good.
Staff very accommodating. Easy to get to. Will be back for sure. Didn't use
Facilities much but there were a lot of ammenities. Direct tv good. The towels
were awesome (yes the towels) There is a lot to do in area, and plenty of good
Eating places.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions, both when in the area for work and when vacationing with my son. They keep adding more and more amenities and the Jumping Pillow and game room now are free to use! I highly recommend these cottages when you come to New Braunfels. They are much nicer and more private than a hotel room!

Room Tip: I like the one bedroom with a loft, although the two bedroom cottages are nice as well.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The grounds were very nice and the location was great for a weekend river trip. We had 10 people stay in the Selma cottage. It was very cozy. The cottages are furnished and workers pick up the trash and laundry every morning. The jumping pad looked really fun but I didn't get to get on it.

• Stayed August 2013
Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This trip was very enjoyable and the service and amenities were excellent. I would definitely
stay there again when traveling to the area. It was a nice relaxing and quiet place to unwind from a busy day of meetings. Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Grapevine, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at Hill Country for a quick trip meeting and was thoroughly impressed! From the check in to the clean and quaint cottage accomodations, everything was in tip top shape. Clean, compfortable, and affordable is how I would describe this resort. It will be on my list for future stays in the ares.

Room Tip: Close to all the acitivies that New Braunfels and the region has to offeer. A great homebase with l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort? Share your experiences!