“Beyond expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 18 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Beyond expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our stay in the Carriage House at Gruene Mansion Inn was amazing -- the room along with the porch facing the Gristmill and Gruene Hall was perfect! Other family members were in the "Corn Crib" and that room was great also! The breakfast was a gourmet spread. We will stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great location and the breakfast is wonderful. Our room was a little rustic for the price. I loved the reserve parking spot outside my room. Only 2 miles from Schlitterbahn. There are 2 excellent restaurants within a minutes walking distance in the Gruene River Grill and the Grist Mill. We can't wait to go back. There is no pool or work out facilities that we saw.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This visual staple for the community really outshines their online presence because you really have to see it for yourself to be head over heels in love with it, (and you bet I am now). Splurging for a B&B is not our style, but this experience really set the bar for all future B&B's for me at least. Initially I was disappointed that we did not get a riverside room even though I thought we reserved well in advance, but I soon discovered sweet nooks to call your own to compensate: a gazebo near the windmill, the porch alongside the historic main house, and even the breakfast outdoor seating under the majestic trees. Speaking of breakfast, it was a real tasty treat with a lot of homemade variety that actually changed a little from one day to the next but still keeping some favorites, like eggs. The rustic atmosphere and flowering grounds even attract several professional photographers, not to mention the central location adds to the simplicity to roam freely without feeling too far to relax. We visited on a dueling live music weekend it seems, but somehow all the buzz just made us feel lucky to stay at the life-of-the-party that somehow pulled the plug earlier than expected, so plan accordingly and enjoy a restful sleep too!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at Gruene Mansion Inn twice now, and it does not disappoint! There isn't much else to say that hasn't been said in previous glowing reviews. The rooms feature a rustic type of comfort in that the rooms are old (at least made from old materials), but have all the amenities you need. If you book your trip far enough in advance, be sure to get a room overlooking the river, which will only make your stay that much more relaxing. The breakfast is great, with all the food you would expect from a first-rate B&B.

We will be going back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Schertz, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

If you are going to stay in Gruene (which you should if you are going to go dancing and, of course, drinking at Gruene Hall, then I recommend the Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast. Not cheap, but SUPER romantic!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Following some recomendations on the TA forum about romantic places to stay, I opted to stay here and I must say it exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the River Hideout wHich was beautiful with a lovely view down to the river and a little balcony with rocking chairs. It's not 5* but I didnt expect it as you are paying for the surroundings and ambience of the place.

The breakfast was impressive and I took it back to the room for us to eat. At night we went to the Grist Mill to eat and then danced on the lawn to the band that was playing inside the Hall.

It was truly the most romantic day of my life and we will definately be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The hubs and I went to this beautiful B&B for our 1st wedding anniversary and had an AMAZING time. The room was clean, comfortable, and had major personality. I was a little weary of the decor after looking online but the pics do not do it justice. It's definitely got a vintage feel, but it is clean, well thought out, and takes you back to another time. It feels antique without feeling outdated. Nice hot showers, and clean claw-foot bathtub. Crisp comfy clean sheets and fluffy towels plus all of the complimentary bath products were Aveda. We stayed in Das Fluss Haus No. 11 and had a beautiful view of the river and a lovely front porch with large rocking chairs from which we could admire the view. It was quite and peaceful, but right next door to Gruene Hall so you can easily walk over there for a cold beer and some live music. I cannot say enough about all of the beautiful gardens, I could have spent days photographing all those beautiful flowers. Breakfast was amazing- we heaped our plates with hot eggs, bacon and pastries... and it's nice because breakfast is served until 10:30 so you can still sleep in a little. The staff were amazing, more than friendly, and more than helpful. They definitely have a sense of pride and I can see why. We left Gruene Mansion Inn feeling relaxed and rejuvenated and I will definitely want to go back as soon as I can!! :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!