“great for young children”
Review of McKenna Children's Museum

6 visitor photos

There are newer reviews for McKenna Children's Museum
Santander, Spain
22 attraction reviews
“great for young children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This children’s museum is smaller and simpler than the one in Houston. It is made with younger children in mind so for the small ones this is one great place to be and since it is smaller it is easier for the parents. Our daughter of 3 had a great time here with lots of things to do, from shopping at the supermarket to fishing and camping. But I do not know if a 6 or an 8 year old would be able to enjoy it as much. If your kids are the “right” age do not miss it.

Visited March 2012
Central Texas
“Fun With A Purpose For The Very Young Child”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

This is a stimulating, educational museum and my children had a good time. My daughter especially loved the pretend grocery store. My son liked the outdoor activities. However not all the areas or activities interested my children, who are both 6 years of age. I think that most of the activities were better suited for younger children. My daughter and son wanted to do art but were frustrated and upset because the arts and crafts room was very crowded. There were only a few
easels and there was no staff attendees to help monitor the situation in keeping it orderly and moving.

As a parent I must say I was a little disappointed as I was expecting more to engage my kids and for longer. There was very little to keep my husband and I from being very bored. We were glad to leave after 2 hours but the kids left pleased.

Visited March 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Much better than The Witte in San Antonio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have been to the McKenna's museum several times alone and with my son's school (field trips). I have always had great experiences here, and prefer this museum over the Witte Museum in San Antonio.

Visited October 2011
Austin, Texas
“Amazing Children's Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

While Austin has a respectable children's museum, the McKenna Children's Museum in New Braunfels is by far superior. My son is 2 1/2 and was on the young side for the visit. He was completely overwhelmed (in a good way) by all their was to see and explore. The facility was clean and had helpers come pick up and organize after the kids have displaced everything. The exhibits include a grocery store, space ship, science lab, doctor's office, art room, toddler area, bank, home living, bat cave, out door climbing structure and water play. We spent 2 hours there with my two year old and we didn't spend much time at each exhibit because he was so excited to go onto the next one. Definitely worth the short drive from Austin or surrounding areas to experience this place.

Visited February 2012
Canyon Lake
36 attraction reviews
“Hands On Fun & Education”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Cool place to be in the Summer or on a rainy day. All of a child's senses are explored and the adults have fun too.