“After 6 years Won't be back...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lazy L and L Campground and Store

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Lazy L and L Campground and Store
You added Lazy L and L Campground and Store to your Saves list
11699 River Road, New Braunfels, TX   |
Houston, Texas
“After 6 years Won't be back...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

All I have to say is that for the past six years my family along with approximately 12 other families make reservations at Lazy L&L at least 2-3 times a year it might not matter to them, but we were very disappointed on how racially profiled we were.. We had never had any problems there the employees are so respectful and nice willing to help you out with anything atleast the ones we see every time we would go, but this Labor Day weekend we ran into very rude and disrespectful Trooper and I do say "Trooper" cause it was one that was just nit picking at our site from day one also they had an employee who we thought was an employee in an L & L t-shirt with no badge but turns out to be a sheriff I don't understand how that is possible.. Our campsite was blamed with two issues that had nothing to do with our campsite.(1) was a kid who started a fight which he was a kid playing football with my kids but because he was seen around our campsite he was pinpointed there yet he didn't get thrown out. (2) the way it was told to us by the employee suppose sheriff "A guy in a cowboy hat that was seen at our campsite one day gave him an attitude about a wristband" yet he didn't get kicked out. Some of our group had their own tubes and some rented from Lazy L and L we figured we have a truck and trailer we would pick them up after they finish their river tubing which we did we were not aware that if you get out the river and walk to the road through another camp area it is trespassinig and you have to pay $3 a person even if you get picked up on the road well we did not have any money since we were on the river so he new we were staying at Lazy L and L so they called it in to stop the truck with the trailer because we owed $45 dollars yes it was 15 with their own tubes and 8 with rented tubes the employee gives an attitude starts to curse and says we were cursing then he told one of our people what are you going to do about it are person got out the truck and was arrested for PI and disorderly conduct even after the fee had been paid turned out that employee is suppose to be a sherriff or trooper one of then but he has a L and L t-shirt on no badge and checking cars in. My family and I had really enjoyed going to L and L and have recommended so many other family and friends and I just pray that something like this doesn't ever happen to then if they even go back... One other thing when I asked the owner to look at me and give me an explanation on why everybody has to leave he rubbed his head and walked away with no explanation and left me standing there maybe he just didn't realize how many families it really was as owner it is his responsibility to find out what is really going on instead of just looking at a group and say I want them out!! I will not let this matter go cause it just isn’t right there was 3 employees in golf carts waiting for us to pack our things and at the same time people asking them what is going on and them laughing and letting them know and yes we do have it on recording cause we are not racist and do have friends in all races which your employees were talking to and actually one of those employees was suppose to be your sheriff still with no badge exposed actually he did not display his badge at any time during our stay….

• Stayed September 2010

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

The New owner is horrible. We have a huge group of 12 families that camp at L&L atleast TWICE a year and have so for MANY years! We noticed things began to change when the owner changed. This Labor day weekend we as many other times and years gathered again with many kids from 4 years old to adults. For the FIRST time EVER, we felt unwelcomed from the First day we arrived. One of the State troopers, with no identification AT ALL on him, had the audacity to put a flash light to the throat of one of our friends, for no reason at all! The same trooper the following day told us things like "shut the f*(k up", "try me" this guy was so cocky and antagonizing everyone in our camp! There is absolutely no reason for this type of attitude and when we spoke to the owner, well he was worst! Racist attitude and VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! They made 12 families with CHILDREN leave their campsite in the middle of the night with NO were to go! We did find a great place and it's not L&L!!

We will never go to Lazy L&L and I would encourage anyone who does NOT want to be bullied or have a cocky State Trooper (Unidentified as a trooper by the way) AND Owner in your face all the time DO NOT GO to Lazy L&L! The worst place, I PRAY they get a new owner SOME day!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Of course managment will review this entry and NOT post it! However, I am going to copy and paste it where it WILL get posted. I have family in town at the Lazy L&L. I would love to take the short drive down from San Antonio and visit with them, but I must pay a 25 dollar camping fee plus the cost of toobing! I get the toobing cost, you should rent equipment if you don't have your own. If I park and only toob, but not visit afterward, I must still pay a parking fee of 10 dollars. Maybe I'm in the wrong business because some greedy grubber is raking it in! Thanks for nothing and I will advise my family NOT to come back! -Disappointed

• Stayed August 2010
Grapevine, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My wife and I, our three children...ages 11, 8, and 5 visited L & L in July. We shared a tent campsite with her sister and her husband and their three kids....ages 16, 12, and 2. So there were 10 of us in all. When we first arrived, on a Tuesday, we were impressed by the pretty views of the Guadalupe River and hospitality. The campsites are a little small and close to the river, but it was not all that busy and seemed pretty quiet. That was the first night. More people arrived the second night so it was a little louder. They were mostly couples or college aged kids but we were not overly concerned because they advertise that there is a strictlly enforced "quiet time" from midnight to 8am. Things were a little more wild the second night but we are not prudish and realize it is a campground so it was not a huge deal. The third night things really became clear what the park is about. We left Thursday morning for Schlitterbaun and returned late that afternoon. We were shocked to return to a huge loud party atmosphere. Loud music, tons of alcohol and drunk individuals running around from campsite to campsite, cussing, etc. The trailer site next to us...we were the first campsite next to them....was hugely offensive. From 7pm on they were falling down drunk, blaring their music, cussing loudly, and talking about going skinnydipping, flashing, etc. and didn't care AT ALL that all of our children were 15 feet away hearing everything. And they were not the exceptions. We still held onto the hope that at midnight they would have to stop due to the "quiet rule"....they didn't. We politely asked them if they would mind being quieter because our kids were trying to sleep. They were quiet for about 3 minutes then got louder. We never saw any enforcement of the rules and even more importantly there was only a recording when we tried to call the office for help. The last straw was when a neighbor camping on the other side of us came by and let us know that a man walked right past her into the bathroom showers and joined a woman that was already in the stall! Overall, we were left to feel that this is just your typical party hangout....which is fine....as long as you realize that. It comes across as seeming to be a great place for families with younger to teenage kids....but it definitely is not! I actually still would have rated the place average if they enforced their rules...but that is pretty important...especially to families!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
private
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed at Lazy L and L 2 nights last summer. Overall we had a really good time. The staff was super nice and they had everything we needed during our stay. The campsites were really big. We had 2 sites which was enough room for 4 tents, 4 cars, and extra space for our canopy, table, chairs, etc. I would recommend this place to everyone. It was a little sandy, but the staff did spray the roads to try to keep it down some. There were plenty of bathrooms, and the showers were very convenient and clean. I can't say we had a complaint! There was some people having a family reunion and I think that is an awesome idea!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
DFW, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

My wife and I are finishing up our third stay here at L&L....writing this review using their wireless internet connection. Each stay has been 2 weeks before Memorial Day weekend. Nice and accomodating staff, clean park and restrooms, no issues with fellow campers, great place to put in the river (toobs or raft), quick shuttle response back to park (4 hour float to put out). Will be coming back again and again. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

I came to the river with 24 others. The ages were 17 to 50. There was a man on the campsite across from us that was drunk and messed up on drugs we were told by his friends. He wouldn't stay out of our campsite and kept staring and talking to one of the girls at our site. We went to the office to get help before trouble started and they did nothing. There was a fight because the office did nothing, then about midnight they came around and said all lights out. We were worried about sleeping due to the guy across from us coming back since we had more issues with him. The people at the office and security were very rude and offer no assistance when needed. The only good thing about this campground is the location. The shuttle was a joke along with the rules. I also work with the government and was not breaking any rules but they seem to try to push people around not only us.

• Stayed July 2008

Been to Lazy L and L Campground and Store? Share your experiences!