“Great place on the river” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lazy L and L Campground and Store

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Lazy L and L Campground and Store
You added Lazy L and L Campground and Store to your Saves list
11699 River Road, New Braunfels, TX   |
Houston, Texas
“Great place on the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great place for friends and family. Dont know why they are complaing about the 5 mph speed limit, any faster and I might have to keep my kids on leases. There are alot of people here any there is nothing wrong with safety. Maybe the area is in a flood zone...........Great river, currently a little low, but we had a great trip. owners provide the campers a free live band on most Fridays and Saturdays, cant beat that. There are all kinds of washers pits, horseshoes and volleyball to go around. Yes there are a few bugs in the bathrooms, but your camping, what do you exspect. Plenty of shade and room. Ok no music at night, no big deal, and yes they are strick about that. but come on.. there are probely 1000 drunk people in here, so it sounds like maybe some of these reviews were a little exaggerated. If you feel you are being watched you probely are loud and waking people up...
We will be back again, other places on this river dont come close or are as nice as this place. Good job.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Beautiful campground on the Guadalupe river. We had a fun time when we went in May and flouting was relaxing. Had a great time at the dance hall and the food was good!! Recommend staying at lazy l and l campground.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Floaters be ware!!! I was with a group of about 6 and our overall experience was horrible. The first night we had people coming up to us asking if we wanted to smoke meth. When it was time to float the river the next day we had a good time for the first couple of hours. When we were nearing the edge of lazy l and l property and about to hit the first rapid, we knew there was going to be trouble. Lined up on both sides of the bank were lines of people (adults a few kids) with squirt guns. Mind you the water was freezing. Every tuber that went down the rapids was shot all over, numerous times, sometimes at point blank in the face (like me and 2 others in our group alone). We ended up leaving right there and then mind you after people trying to fight us and all sorts of nonsense. I complained to a uniformed officer at the front telling him there needed to be more security down there to protect paying customers from drunk idiots shooting you in the face with water guns and trying to fight you. He basically called me a liar and said he'd been down there the whole time and there was only kids with water guns. Please trust my advice and never go here. No respect. Horrible CS. Way overpriced.

• Stayed May 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

There were 4 of us wanting to camp for the night and the Lazy L&L is usually our go-to spot; nice location, good fishing, and decent campsites. However, this last time was the last straw. They raise the price every time we visit, this time it was $50 for one night. I better be getting a continental breakfast and HBO for that kinda money. On top of that, the staff always seems pissed off to have another customer. Like they'd rather you kept your money and went somewhere else, which would explain the price. Anyways,I wouldn't recommend it, there are better places up the road.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Converse, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Let me start with saying that the campground itself is gorgeous. But there are lots of others on the Guadalupe just as nice if not nicer. DON'T STAY HERE unless you are going there to meditate. We had a large group on 4 campsites. We were celebrating a 51st birthday and having a Chili Cook-off. At 9:30pm the owner came and starting yelling and shoving one of the campers saying he was going to call the police. We asked what the problem was and he would not explain himself and just became more uncooperative and agitated. We had the music at the same level as the neighbors camping. It was on a little Bluetooth speaker. Hardly a boom-box... We were playing a mix of music. We couldn't understand what the problem was. About an hour later our camp was swarming with police. The owner was along for the ride and got out of the police car in his walker claiming that one of the campers had threatened him. Remember this is a family gathering and we were just enjoying each others company around the campfire listening to music and gabbing. We tried to explain to the police what had really happened but they wouldn't hear it. Obviously this wasn't the first time they came to rescue this "poor guy"...... They also accused us of having people run when they saw the police. We were all still there. No one ran, but again they didn't believe us and searched the camp and all the grounds. If that wasn't enough, the next morning one of the campers went to get some coffee and the 'FREINDLY' campground store and they didn't want to let him back in unless he paid an additional $5. This was at 9:00am. He said he didn't have the cash on him and would pay on the way out. After about 1 hour, again management shows up at the camp and threatens us again for refusal to pay. This owner/management is NUTS. You couldn't pay me to go back there. If anyone from L&L Lazy Campground reads this we would like you to know that no matter how hard you tried we still managed to have a great time. You didn't ruin it for us no matter how hard you tried. Also, Don't put in your rules that music is allowed from 8am - 12am. That place is a great example of a poorly run camp.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cypress, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm a city girl and i've never done anything like this before. I had a BLAST and can't wait to do it again. Even thought it was a 'holiday weekend' it didn't seem that crowded. Everyone there was polite and well behaved. I always felt safe. Our camp site was clean the river was beautiful... what's not to like?!

As far as my ratings go i poot Terrible for Fitness center and pool because I don't think those things were offered here.

Room Tip: since you're bringing your own room i guess if you don't like it... it's your fault...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Victoria Harbour, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've stayed here twice and plan to be back again this year. Mind you I stay in the winter so I have different expectations from those who go in the summer. I'm looking for a quiet peaceful park with friendly staff, good prices and lots of facilities and that is exactly what I get. Everybody else who camps at the same time as I obey the rules, so there is never a problem with other campers or the owners and staff.
Why blame the owners for the poor behavior of other campers? Why get all pissy when you are asked to turn your radio down! You may say it is not loud enough to be heard elsewhere but I call this selected deafness. Thankfully they keep out barking nasty dogs who's owners seem to think that keeping their dogs on a leash and cleaning up after them applies to the other person and not them. Their prices are in line with the other campgrounds in the area and their facilities are much better.
I think a lot of people who leave negative feedback would have trouble no matter where they went.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lazy L and L Campground and Store? Share your experiences!