“just nasty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
9547 waxwimg Corpus Christi TX
“just nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

rooms not ready at check-in time. check in took over a half hour, check-in was just a cluster-[---]. room was just terrible, walls were nasty, mold in bathtub-shower, the stove and cabinets above the stove were covered with grease spatters. one towel in room, at 9:30 pm housekeeping brought more towels. a lot of the staff didn't even speak english. overall, this was the most disgusting room i ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Braunfels, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

What can you expect for $22 + tax w/AAA discount? I've stayed in worse motels than this one. Yes, the bed wasn't soft & cushy like in 'finer' hotels but it was a bed & as long as you didn't try to sit on the edge (leg tucked under type sitting) then it was okay, otherwise the hard "seam" along the top edge would cut into you. It was okay to sleep on. The sheets & pillowcases were clean looking & smelled okay. The towels smelled okay but one washcloth was dingy & lightly yellowed, I didn't use that one. Someone obviously had smoked in the bathroom so we left the fan on in there for a while to hopefully dissapate the smoke & it did eventually. The bathroom wasn't unbearable but beware, the door opens outward & can smack someone standing at the sink so we did the "coming out now", "okay I'm away from the door" routine. The a/c & heater worked fine. The room was obvious old & dingy but wasn't 'nasty', gross or unberable. I've stayed in a similar older Holiday Inn in a different state which was similar in the state of dingyness & location but again, it was bearable. The advertised laundry area here was, according to my husband, outside & was nasty & filthy-dirty. They had a courtyard area w/tables & seats which were clean but the courtyard was in the center of the complex but behind the building & didn't really seem to be a place I'd actually sit w/o a group of people I know with me. We were there just to spend the night & that was it. It served it's purpose. The front desk person wasn't rude or anything. I think they offered a continental breakfast but we just ate at Wendy's in the next parking lot adjacent to the hotel. All in all, don't come here expecting 4-5 star hotel. It's an older hotel that was okay to stay in, towels & linens were okay as was the front desk person but I may bring my own towel & washcloth next time anyway. An additional note would be that the location is right off Hwy. 46, if you turn on 46 (or straight on 46 if coming from Seguin) you can turn up into the parking lot from the Mexican restaurant & go thru to the hotel w/o having to travel up I-35 to do a turnaround. I did the turnaround the first time & then discovered if I had just gone straight, I cudda turned up thru the Mexican restaurant since it ajoins each other.

• Liked — Just off of Hwy. 46 & Wendy's next door w/in walking distance.
  • Disliked — People smoked in non-smoking rm. Bed not comfy, washcloth dingy, internet didn't work. Felt unsafe walking thru corridor outside. Just needs good remodling.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

We were moving down to New Braunfels. Our new house wasn't quite ready so we had to stay in a hotel for a week. Now we knew this was not going to be a designer hotel, but little did we know how bad it was going to be. Because we were moving, we had stuff loaded up in our car and felt unsafe at leaving it in the car at night , so had to move it into the hotel room. The first room we got had an ant farm running in the middle of it. The ants went across the floor and up onto the nightstand. Not just a few ants, continuous ants.

Okay, so we got a bad room. So we got another room across the hotel, away from the ants. We dragged all the stuff out of the first room and into the 2nd room. Fine. So then that night it got very cold out. We tried to turn on the heater. It did not work. We called the hotel maintenance and they said we just had to move to a 3rd room.

Finally we got to a 3rd (supposedly non-smoking) room, dragged all our extra stuff into that room, and it was all smokey. We just gave up and said, "Oh well."

The next day we found out that they had a weekly special and asked the manager if we could get the weekly rate since we'd had so much trouble and were going to stay a week. He flatly said "No". He never said "Sorry" or anything near it.

Wow, needless to say every time we pass that "hotel??" every time, we all just cringe.

Stayed December 2006
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

I stayed here during my final four trip and I will never make this mistake again. The hotel is extremely run down with extensive mold everywhere and generally unclean. The staff makes zero effort to make you feel comfortable. I booked a non-smoking room and they stuck me in a smoking room as they did not have anything else. Please do yourself a favor and don't stay at this property. Also, the wireless internet is impossible to get access to if you're inside one of the rooms. You have to be inside their lobby in order to get a decent connection.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

Started out that my travel agent failed to place Non-Smoking. The receptionist quickly changed our room after we told her we could not stay in that room because of the strong smoke smell. Rooms were large, things were clean, but as usual we travel with our comforts. Only complaint for the room was the beds were extremely hard. ended up using the comforts to try to soften them up. Breakfast area is larger then most other places. Texas pancakes, cereals, coffee, juice, toast. Overall not bad, only really needed the place to crash after a long day at Schllitterbaun. WI-FI was down according to them due to some storm that came through a couple weeks back.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Hard Beds
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tulsa oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

this hotel is very dirty.no maid service.i sent my son down to get towels and they were very rude, even though they left no towels in our room.my bed was lopsided, but the second bed was okay.there is mold and the bathrooms were dirty upon arrival.they do not use fitted sheets so it made the bed more uncomfortable.talked with the managars angela and she said we had to talk with expedia since that was who we booked with.expedia was very nice. talked with rodeway and refunded 1 nights stay out of 4.. they should of refunded half of our money at least.we work hard for our vacations.the need to train these employees on guest service.the world is tough right now and people need to stretch thier dollars..rode way inn is a good chain but this location is giving them a bad rep. the up side is..i ,love new branfels and i enjoyed my stay outside of this hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the dirty rooms and unproffesional staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

Warning!! Hotel Has Extensive MOLD

The online information for this hotel is misleading. We were first impressed by its supposed 5 star rating -- then when we got there, we found the hotel Horrible. It was so filthy there were years of dust on ceilings, floors, etc. There were stains on sheets, bedspreads, a stink like none other. We had breathing problems and were told by the hotel clerk upon checkout, the hotel was old, and had horrible mold issues. We were NOT given a refund - did NOT stay one more night -- couldn't stay the first night -- there was horrible noise from the freeway, noisy tenants, no morning breakfast as promised, no hot water, noisy air-conditioner, and half the lights worked.

I was horrified that the hotel didn't meet with its own online reviews.

It needs a total remodel to rid it of the mold, dust and they need clean linens, and towels and to repair the hot water. The pipes are old n when you first turn on the water its rusty. I want to WARN others that this hotel organization does NOT care about customer service satisfaction and do NOT offer refunds!!

Stayed November 2007

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!