“"Fantastic in EVERY WAY!!!!"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
Houston, Texas
“"Fantastic in EVERY WAY!!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked rooms at the Comfort Suites at the last minute due to a family emergency. Booking through the Choice Hotel web site was confusing me but as soon as I called the hotel and talked to Morgan all was well. Upon arrival, Morgan was still on duty and welcomed us to the establishment and check in was quick. The rooms are new and spacious and they are clean and comfortable. I slept like a rock on their beds. The breakfast is the usual for this class of establish and nothing spectacular but their coffee was delicious. All in all a great little find and I would stay again if I needed to be in the area. It is very close to San Marcos Outlet malls too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Tthank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad to hear Fantastic in EVERY WAY!!!!" Our number one priority is to make sure that you have the best time possible. I hope that you will continue to make us your lodging choice for what we hope will be many more trips back to New Braunfels .Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
new braunfels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The employees were nice and helpful. The breakfast was awesome. The rooms were extraordinary! If you want a hotel who has great service, great rooms, great breakfast, and a great location, I highly recommend this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed August 2013
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites in New Braunfels and especially for the excellent review. Our staff try very diligently to provide an exceptional experience to each and every one of our guests. Positive feedback is always appreciated. We look forward to your next visit to New Braunfels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

THE Hotel was amazing the staff was friendly. The room was spotless and the location was perfect for taking my family to the water park. The hot breakfast was not to shabby either. The hot tube was relaxing while the kids swam and the pull out couch made family sleeping perfect.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Comfort Suites is a friendly, clean, and very reasonably priced hotel. The location was close to the attractions in the area and the staff was friendly and courteous.

If we return to the area, we will be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites. Our staff tries very diligently to provide an exceptional experience to each and every one of our guests, and we truly appreciate the positive feedback. We hope to see you on your next visit to New Braunfels!
Woodville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family stopped in here looking for a room. Overall the room was very comfortable & clean. The only complaints I have is that there are two floors with stairs only..no elevator. This could be a problem if you have much luggage. The other is that they don't seem to be prepared at breakfast. We went down for breakfast for 2 mornings both around 8:00 am. Both days were way overcrowded and they kept running out of food. (I'm thinking since this was a week day & this busy they are probably always this busy & should be better prepared by making up more food at a time.) On the first morning the orange juice was out and never refilled while we were at breakfast. The 2nd day, the bagels & rolls never were replenished & they ran out of bacon. (The choices were limited.) Overall though, I would stay again...but would prefer a better rate for what you get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is awful! The owner is a piece of work. After sleeping in our bed the first night, I woke up laying in somethi g wet. Thinking my little one had an accident, i woke him up to change his clothes. Low and behold, he was completely dry. We pulled the sheets back and the mattress was wet........with someone elses urine!!!!!! I contacted the front desk (ladies at the front desk were very nice) and she came up to look at the bed. She agreed by site, and overwhelming odor, that it was infact urine. She assured me they would get me another room or a clean mattess. We went ahead and did our planned activity for the day assuming all was going to be fixed. Not quite. We returned to learn that the owner said we had ruined the mattress and were just trying to get a night for free. He gave us a shower curtain and told us to unmake the bed, lay the shower curtain down against the mattress to keep the urine from soaking back through, and to deal with it. Really!?!?! He wouldnt give me a discount, free night, nothing! After calling the corporate office and telling them what happened (after spending another night in the same room), they contacted him several times before he agreed to give me one of the nights free. We would have been more than happy to have made arrangements somewhere else for that second night, but the crazy owner wouldnt release the charges on our credit card.
As for general cleanliness, tbere were dead ants in our bathroom sink when we arrived as well as a mysterious sticky substance on the nightstand and TV table. Overall, it was gross to say the least.

We vacation in New braunfels every summer and we will not be back. Probably the worst hotel experience ever. And we are not hard to please.

mom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Tuesday night we were sitting in our room watching tv at 9:00 pm when someone used a key card and opened the door to our room. They said "excuse me" and left. Come to find out the front desk had assigned them to our room and given them a key. Thank god we were there when the guy walked into our room or he could have stolen everything. When I spoke to the front desk and elderly lady told me that it's not common but it does happen every once in a while. Really?! How are is it to show a room occupied?

We won't be back there again.

Also the fold out couch sheets had a dark stain on it and the hallways need to be updated. The exterior doors were by card key entry only except for the southwest door which anyone could enter.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!