“Drive by...Do not look back!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn New Braunfels
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   963 IH-35N, I-35 N Exit 189, New Braunfels, TX 78130   |
Ranked #20 of 29 hotels in New Braunfels
Corpus Christi TX
“Drive by...Do not look back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

Four hours prior to us arriving we booked our room directly with the hotel over the phone. Upon arrival our reservation was not in the system. Even with the confirmation number the hotel couldn't find us. We eventually got a room. The room was filthy! There was a used condom between the nightstand and the bed. My husband killed five crickets that were in the room. We pulled all the covers, except for the sheets, off of the bed and put them aside. When we turned off the lights, I saw two more crickets on my grandson's bed. We quickly turned on the lights and saw two roaches on the bed. I had three small bugs in my hair. I called the front desk. After some discussion, and showing them the dead bugs, they gave us another room. At 11:45 PM, we had to pack up and move all of our things. No offers of help from the staff. The second room was cleaner. I decided for my husband and grandson to sleep. I stood awake with the lights on (to make sure ther were no crawlies on the beds) If I saw any bugs in the bed, we were going to sleep in the car (there were no other rooms available in town) slept on the way home the next day.. The next morning the counter person was very rude. She would answer the telephone and service people that were in line behind us. She raised her voice to us. If it wasn't that I was with my disabled twelve year old grandson, who was already stressed and upset, I would have called the police. I emailed Days Inn Corporate offices, no response yet.

• Liked — The end of our stay
  • Disliked — The time during the stay
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
jagalag, owner at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, May 26, 2008
A very reasonable effort was made to grant concessions to this individual, who was still unsatisfied.

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

We arrived in New Braunfels on Friday August 19.....and we stopped at every hotel/motel. The prices are pricey in the summer here (as we already knew that). Days Inn had a room for 99.00 a night and we stayed one night.......the a/c would not blow all night long...they had it to where it was intermittent and the condensation was all over the carpet. The room was clean. The bed was as hard as a rock....my hubby and i had a terrible backache when we woke up. We had the continental breakfast of cereal, yogurt, donuts, bagels, toast and fruit.......it was ok given the price.

• Stayed August 2005
jagalag, General partner at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, April 8, 2008
Under new management since May 1st, 2007.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

Stayed at this establishment in summer of 03. Room was very musty smelling and supposedly non-smoking. Sweated first night with broken A/C.
Had to report 3 times before anything was done. A/C was finally repaired only to flood the carpet, for which nothing was done until several more complaints. Response was to pull up and place fans to dry carpet and spray with air deodorizer. Door key never worked and had to be re-programmed every day. Would have just left if we would not have been vacationing with 3 other families all booked at same hotel. Visit Schlitterbahn every summer for great time, but will DEFINITELY not be staying at Days Inn again. Free breakfast is a JOKE!

Under new management since May 1st, 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2004

The rooms have a musty smell (even the non-smoking rooms) and most of the furniture has holes in the upholstery. The free breakfast is stale cereal, warm milk, and day-old doughnuts. The price is usually about $80.00 per night for 2 people in the off season which, as far as I'm concerned, is way too much but, it is moderately pried for the New Braunfels area. The staff is far from attentive - had to wait 5 minutes while the 18 year old girl behind the counter finished her telephone conversation with her boyfriend before I could ask her if she had any rooms available. I tried to call the desk 1/2 hour later and after 20 rings with no answer, I finally gave up. The showers have low water pressure. If you are accustomed to hard Texas water, the soft water in this place will make you feel like 30 minutes was still too short rinsing in the shower. The pool and hot tub were clean. An Applebee's restaraunt, Pizza Hut, IHOP, and Taco Cabanna are all within walking distance. The hotel is centrally located near the Guadalupe River and right on the main highway (IH 35) 1/2 way between San Antonio and Austin so, location is very convenient if you want to go shopping. All in all, not the worst in town but definitely not the best. Oh, and a few rooms have jacuzzi's but you'll pay nearly $25.00 extra for it.

jagalag, General Partner at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, April 8, 2008
Undernew management since May 1st, 2007

Been to Days Inn New Braunfels? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn New Braunfels

Address: 963 IH-35N, I-35 N Exit 189, New Braunfels, TX 78130
Location: United States > Texas > New Braunfels
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Spa Hotel in New Braunfels
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn New Braunfels 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Days Inn New Braunfels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn New Braunfels Hotel New Braunfels
New Braunfels Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn New Braunfels, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.