“Another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in New Braunfels
Texas
“Another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Even though there is another hotel being built in front of the Sleep Inn & Suites, we decided to stay with this hotel. It is always clean, quiet and the front desk employees are friendly and very helpful. This seems to be our hotel whenever visiting this area. Their beds are very comfortable, a/c runs very cold and I have never felt uncomfortable or afraid to stay at this establishment. Cannot wait for next year!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the parking lot seem to be quieter and you are near the exit stairs. The exerci...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Spent last night there. First thing I saw when I walked in the room was a large cockroach (a least a inch and a half), chilling out in the bathroom. Obviously, if you have one, you have thousands of them hidden in the dark crevices. I found this really disgusting, but there weren't very many rooms left in other hotels. When I went out for the evening, I wanted to let the person at the front desk know (although I'm sure they do) about the cockroach, but there was no one around at the desk. I know Texas is infamous for these bugs, but they need to get an exterminator in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry for the negative experience you encountered at our hotel. I certainly agree that your unsatisfactory experience does not represent the level of service and quality we strive to provide. I would like you to know that this is an isolated incident since we do contract with a pest control company that regularly maintains both the indoor and outdoor facilities. Our front desk staff is very attentive in handling guest service issues, and I will make sure to review our procedures with them so that all complaints are handled in a timely manner. We will be diligent in our efforts to ensure that situations such as this do not repeat themselves.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and I hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit to our hotel.

Nitin Bhakta
Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recently stayed here for a select baseball tournament located in San Marcos, Texas. We tried to book a hotel in San Marcos but we couldn't find a room with two beds. Luckily we found this gem in the neighboring city of New Braunfels. This hotel was so nice. First of all, they allow you to have five people to a room. You have to call them in person to do it. They also have three roll away beds, of which we booked one, and it was comfy. Our room was huge and very nice and neat. The kids liked the pool and hot tub. The breakfast was delicious and had those great Texas-shaped waffles. We will stay here everytime we have a select baseball tourney in San Marcos. This hotel is about 15 minutes from the NCFD Farm Club baseball fields.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here one night before flying out of San Antonio airport. It still looks brand new. The staff are friendly. The breakfast was good. There is a nice quiet pool and small but spotlessly clean exercise room. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

All over the shop you get motels charging hotel prices. The Sleep Inn is not a kick in the pants off being a hotel, yet it charges motel prices. And what do you get for the money? A generous room which you reach via a cool air-conditioned corridor. No parking lot bedroom doors here. The views lack a certain something but the room has been thoughtfully decorated.There is a whooping great fridge, a huge desk and a bed to rejoice in. Personally, I thought the lighting was a shade undernourished and there was a distinct need of more accessible power plugs. Breakfast offered eggs boiled or scrambled, plus those grey meat things and all the other accoutrements. The people on front desk (all women) were full of smiles. I write this on the eve of departure and, were I a sensitive soul, a tear might trickle...

Room Tip: My only caveat is it's on an exit road from the ghastly I35. But it is wondrously handy for so m...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This might be the cleanest roadside inn ever. The size of the bathrooms are nice and the bed and pillows were so comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel for it's conveniece to Gruene. A great inn at a great price in a great location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Spotless. The pillows were so nice that I bought two of them!! Evening front desk person was 1000% helpful and went out of her way to welcome us. I commented to my partner that she behaved as though she were the owner. This is a basic hotel, no dining room and such, but I've never seen a hotel run this well.

Room Tip: The third floor is designated a "quiet" floor so the ice machines are on the first and sec...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!