“"I'm just so confused!"” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 47 restaurants in Nederland
Cuisines: Seafood
port arthur texas
“"I'm just so confused!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

First I was surprised when my wife ask if I wanted to go out and eat, next, the place where we were originally going was closed and she asked, you want to go to Sartin's? Now I'm wondering what's going on because she never liked going there since she says she always smells like grease when we leave. So we get there, and they've got all this extra parking I've never seen before. The front of the place is different and when we went in, it was all nice and fresh, and quiet. New menus, I thought, have they gone uppity on me? Then we order, and it was out lickidy-split and was very good. The salads were great and the plates were full. Excellent fried catfish and shrimp and my wife loved the fried oysters. The place has definitely gotten a lot better. I highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
“Not a First Choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We have been a few times thinking it would be better. Nope. Dirty Dirty Dirty place. Servers messing with their hair and handling food, wiping faces and picking up trash off shoes then handing people their food. NASTY!!! Over cooked Over priced food. Gag!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Great place for a great lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Dropped in for a quick lunch and decided on lunch basket all you can eat fried catfish and shrimp. So much food did not ask for seconds. Beer was pricey though.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Beaumont, Texas
“LOVE THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

It's pricey. But I am willing to pay the price for things this good. The portions are very generous. The BBQ crabs make me go weak at the knees. This is not the Sartins I grew up with in Sabine Pass at all but I love it just the same. Worth every penny.

Visited November 2012
“Been eating at Sartin's since 1978”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Wonderful! I'm not sure who had the original Sartin's in Sabine Pass but this restaurant is one I crave for the BBQ Crabs and ice cold Beer. Be sure you have plenty of time. Much of the enjoyment for us is taking our time with the crabs and beer. The other seafood they have is good but you can get it other places. This is the only place I know of for BBQ crab like this! I've been there just my husband (when he was my boyfriend) and myself, been there with a group of friends, and have been there with a big table of family. Get the bib! As I said earlier, I have been eating at Sartin's from the first time in 1978 to now.

• Visited May 2012