“Beware football weekend prices” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Navasota
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9460 Highway 6, Navasota, TX 77868   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Navasota
ROUND ROCK
“Beware football weekend prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was disappointed to hear the room price was going to double from Thursday night to Friday night because of a football game in College Station on Saturday. Also, they just started a policy where you can't cancel your room inside of a WEEK prior to the date you're staying there. That is preposterous on many levels, but the person answering the phone could not answer any of my questions about it (such as, how does that work if you make a reservation for the very next night?).

The non-smoking room did not smell good at all - not necessarily smoky, but very stale and moldy. It also took awhile for the window unit to cool off the very hot room when I first walked in. The television had snow on every channel and the remote did not work. I know I could have had the management address this, but they weren't friendly enough to make that battle worthwhile for my short stay.

I like that they allow pets, but my total bill for a two night stay (Thursday and Friday) was over $200. I wish there had at least been Kleenex in the room at that price!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This pet friendly motel provided an average room with microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom was clean but dated and my bathtub had a large chip that was rusted in the bottom. The sink leaked water around the faucet onto the countertop. There was a large grassy area to let my dogs run around just across from my room as well as a good Mexican restaurant within walking distance. The room rate increased $30 on the weekend, due to a football game which seemed a bit much.

• Stayed September 2012
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Its a nice clean cheap place to stay with a decent basic breakfast.
Room was clean, quiet and the front desk person was extremely nice and helpful.
It's just a basically ice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

This motel is the nastiest place I have ever stayed in. The room smelled of mildew so badly I got physically ill. The cost to us was over $65.00 and this was a $20.00 crack head room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Uster, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

The motel is clean and nice, with modern rooms, the staff is very friendly and helpfull, the breakfast is included: We stayed several nights there and can highly recommand it.
Also the pool was clean, quite big and good to relax!
Probabely the best choice in Navasota, if you are looking for a comfortable motel to a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

I made a trip, with my two children, for a tournament. I was glad to find a room with in 50 miles of this location, I know I spent 2 hours calling around to find another room after I checked in..This hotel was dirty and nasty: there was blood on the box springs / matress, celing in the bathroom was leaking water and molded, the tub was stained and molded, the floor moldings, in the bathroom were molded and dirty, the toilet was so close to the wall you could not raise the lid wihtout hitting your arm , it also smelled of urine, the chairs at on time had rollers on them the rollers were gone and the chairs were bare wood on the carpet.,the carpet by front of the door was torn and shredded then coverd with a piece of carpet, I stuck a nail in my foot through my shoe, there were roaches, holes in the wall,the pool was not working and from the looks of it it had been this way for months, and will be for months to come and the carpet was sticky. I purchased plastic sheeting and cleaning supppies at wal-mart and I disinfected coverd everything. I will never stay at this place again. I suggest you don't either.

• Liked — The staff at check in.
  • Disliked — The nasty state of the room a facility, it was a heath hazzard. I am contacting the health dept.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rusk, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2006

I had never been to this small town and didn't know what to expect. What I found was a low priced hotel that was clean with a very friendly staff. They even excepted my little dog for a very small fee. Would recommend this hotel to anyone with pets. Nice, quite little town- easy to get around in. Plenty of places to eat and hardly any traffic. Hotel staff was very helpful by giving me maps and directions. It was spring and wildflowers were blooming everywhere. I wish I had more time to tour the town and it's historical old homes.
I will stay at this hotel anytime I'm traveling in the area.

Been to Super 8 Navasota? Share your experiences!