“Unique, nostalgic, beautiful and very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bogart's Casa Blanca

and 1 more site!
You added Bogart's Casa Blanca to your Saves list
Bogart's Casa Blanca
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1302 East Washington Avenue, Navasota, TX 77868   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Navasota B&B and Inns
Rusk, Texas
“Unique, nostalgic, beautiful and very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at Bogart's last night. Loved it! Beautiful mansions and gardens. Dwayne and his staff make you feel as if the place belongs to you! Very comfortable and uniquely decorated room, awesome breakfast...will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mountain Home, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this interesting bed and breakfast to attend the Texas Renassaince festival. The host is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and plentiful although like many B&B's it was not available until 8 AM which is not convenient if you are an early riser like we are.
The mattress was good but the pillows were very hard. I actually bought one at Walmart the second night to get better sleep. Lighting in bedrooms not handy for reading. Electrical outlets to charge phone/etc. not easily accessible and very limited since this is an old house. This is actually made up of 2 houses and one has to go over next door for breakfast if in the one we stayed in.
A lot has been done as far as collecting paraphernalia related to movies for decoration and although not my taste, the over the top eclectic atmosphere is enjoyed by my daughter and son-in-law.
I would likely have rated this very good had I not stayed in so many great B&B's on my travels. I will say that it is probably the best thing in this area from what I saw.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When my wife and I were unable to find a room in the College Station area on football weekend, we luckily stumbled on to Bogart's Casa Blanca in nearby Navasota. Duane, the host/owner, is as charming and helpful as they come. Duana was completely accommodating and very friendly.
The movie theme rooms are unique and fun, and our room was comfortable. The two houses we saw (there are 3 side by side) were very pretty inside and out. The grounds were nice, and the breakfast was especially good (almost gormet like in style). The location is very near Highway 6, so it is easy to get to and find. Need to go to Bryan/College Station for a weekend game? Stay here instead of a hotel in Bryan.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent a great evening in the "Humphrey Bogart" room at this B&B. It had been quite a while since we had stayed at anything but a hotel, and I've got to say the contrast was astounding. It brought out in my mind that hotels often are as impersonal as they are "minimalist" in nature, i.e., you are provided for quite well, but it's a business, not "a home". Bogart's Casa Blanca is different.

Whether its touring the ever interesting (ok, and a bit eccentric) houses or chatting with the wonderful host (who is followed everywhere outside by a heart-broken chicken), you feel welcome and at home. The bed was great and, the room decor incredible - complete with zebra skin rug and great leather recliners. What can I say - go there, you won't regret it!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed here while visiting the Texas Renaissance Festival, it's fairly close. We chose the room that could accommodate two couples, which is a separate apartment-like space. There are steep stairs to get up to get to the door, which didn't matter to us, but wasn't mentioned on the website, and could matter to others.

We stayed in the "Clark Gable" room. The living and dining areas we're nicely decorated and comfortable. The kitchen, however, was poorly appointed, not really updated *ever* from what I could tell, and included a "lovely" handwritten sign saying you could use the kitchen as long as you cleaned it up. ??? This is an almost $300.00 a night room, and I have to clean the kitchen if I use it? Not cool. The bathroom was in no better condition, having plywood, utilitarian shelving, no updates, cracked glass on the plywood "vanity", and a shower that could have used a thorough de-scaling. And non-matching towels. The towels don't really matter, I know, but really? The bedrooms were serviceable, and fairly well decorated. The beds were comfortable, not fabulous, but comfortable enough.

The breakfast was good, and the host was gracious enough to put together a tray for our suite-mates who didn't want to come down for breakfast. That was nice.

I did speak to the owner about the issues I had, and his response was that they usually rent the space we stayed in to families, and they liked it that way, more or less. Maybe they could be clearer that this is a "lesser" part of the property on the website, or when booking. He assured me the rest of the property is nicer, but that really doesn't do me any good, does it? Just know what you are getting if you decide to stay here.

Room Tip: I can't really recommend the Clark Gable room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We loved this B&B! It is a very unique place to say the least. Every room is decorated like Hollywood, as well as all of the common areas - lots of glitz and glam. The owner, Dwayne is just wonderful. He was a breath of fresh air every time we saw him, always smiling, cheerful and fun. We thoroughly enjoyed him. the breakfasts were amazing - fresh fruit with yogurt, egg dishes, bacon, sausage, bagels, muffins, potatoes - you did not leave the table hungary. The sun room is where we had breakfast, overlooking the back yard and pool - a lovely setting. It is about a 30 min. drive from A&M, so not too far a drive on those game days.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010 via mobile

My hubby and I had an opportunity to take a mid week overnight getaway. Found Bogart's and was so excited as we had been married at a previous property the manager Duane had run so we knew it would be good. Needless to say the decorations were beautiful as they had just been put out for the holidays. The main house is where we stayed and it was pleasantly quiet! Breakfast in the morning was fantastic! We said in the Lauren Bacall room which was very big and comfortable. This is not a lacey, Victorian B and B. It's decor is almost eclectic New Orleans chic! Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Bogart's Casa Blanca? Share your experiences!