“Great Burgers & Fries!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: http://www.navasotagrimeschamber.com/Community/Restaurants
Sugar Land, Texas
“Great Burgers & Fries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had been craving a good, juicy, thick burger that we did not have to cook. Found it! We had a cheeseburger with avocado and fries. The burger and fries were hot and fresh and the meat patty is nice and thick, not paper thin like other places! The burger had good flavor and the fries were great too. We will eat there every time we pass through town from now on.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Spring, Texas
“Good Food Good Sevice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food here was good and priced well. Mitch the owner greeted everyone and made you feel welcomed. I had the Chipotle chicken sandwich with fries and my Mother in law had the Chicken salad sandwich Muffelatta and both were good. My fries were cold and Mitch replaced them with a dinner salad at my request and apologized. We would go back to see what else his menu specials had to offer!

“Worth the stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Glad I finally stopped in for lunch. Business lunch with coworkers. All food made fresh daily and u can really tell. Daily specials which I had. It was wonderful. We all loved our selections and it was a good deal.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, TX
“Good food, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I ordered a one-egg breakfast plate. Over-easy egg, toast, bacon were all perfectly cooked and delicious. My husband had the buffalo chicken salad and said it was good. Only complaint: things weren't quite spic-and-span clean. Communal salad dressing container was a bit sticky, bathroom seemed like it hadn't been seen a deep clean in a few weeks.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Tried it once, Will not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We travel Hwy 6 frequently, and decided to detour into Navasota to try something different for a late lunch. We are not likely to make that decision again.

The menu is limited, and the waitress made multiple trips back to the kitchen to see what items were still available. I settled for a hamburger, which I rarely order, but we needed to get back on the road.

One advice to anyone who stops here is to take in a calculator and run up your bill from the menu prices as the Filling Station is one of those places that will not present an itemized bill. We were instructed to approach a small dark closet-like alcove to pay out. The alcove was so dark, I could not see anyone in it until right in front of it. A money-changer in the dark pulled out a slip of paper and totaled our bill, without me being to see any of the line items. I really do not like that approach!

Earlier I had observed the money-changer walk out to a table that a waitress had cleared. The waitress had deliberately left the tip on the table. The money changer from the alcove strolled by the table, where she scoped up the tip and slid it into the back pocket of her jeans. Her movements were so fluid that I presume she had done that scoping many times in the past.

I am a retired engineer, but if I worked for Internal Revenue Service, I would be very interested in the bookkeeping at this establishment. An audit might find very minimal records of business transactions at this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Filling Station Diner? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Filling Station Diner, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.