“Old and smelly” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
spokane
“Old and smelly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The pictures are misleading. the good: the mattress was comfortable. The bad:My room had wet carpet near the loveseat,the a/c did not work very well, it had a "dog" smell which was overwhelming, and dated furniture. I will never stay again!! I should have spent an extra ten dollars and stayed elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Victorian_Nac, Manager at Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We are sorry that guest did not find us as shown in picture but pictures are taken in August 2012 and for wet carpet we had shampoo done in all rooms on 4th of Sept 2012 the day guest stay with us . we are willing to offer 25% of to guest if they want to try us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at Victorian Inn & Suites a number of times while in Nacogdoches on business. It has a great location, not too far from anything that's in the north area of the city. Rooms are comfortable and very reasonably priced. Staff is very helpful and attentive to needs. Great at remembering details and facts for me as I have been a frequent guest this year. I can definitely suggest you choose Victorian Inn for lodging in Nacogdoches. Great WI-FI service offered at this property as well!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Victorian_Nac, General Manager at Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for excellent review, we are looking forward to serve you again very soon.
Have blessed day. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (936)560-6038

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay. I have stayed here many time in the past, as I attended school at SFA. I usually stay at branded hotels, but this is one that I make exception for. They always have had great service, and nice clean rooms. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean place to stay in nacogdoches, without breaking your pocket.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I stay in this hotel & it was really nice ,room was also really nice & services in front desk is really nice they talk friendly with us,I want stay 1night but I stay 2 night,I like it...whenever I come to Nacogdoches I can stay to Victorian inn & suites...

Stayed July 2012
luling, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed one night passing through Nacogdoches and only stayed because of the price......and you get what you pay for.......nothing worked and the room was old and hadnt seen any improvement in 20 years or more. The carpet was old and dirty and the room smelled......and there was a party going on upstairs......there seemed to be a lot of college kids there. i guess it is a cheap place to party. will pay the price next time and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
We apologize for not meeting your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely take everything into consideration and investigate your opinions to better serve our future guests. We hope to see you again soon, and as always, we appreciate your loyalty to our inn. I would like to speak with you, and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call me directly at 936-560-6038.
Kiran Patel, GM
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

We have stayed in several Nacogdoches hotels over the years, the Victoria Inn was bypassed mostly because of negative reviews but the location was convenient so we decided to stay for one night. The motel is an older property, well mantained and convenient located near restaurants, shopping and the Stephan F. Austin University. The room we had was large with a seating area and all the usual items like refrigerator, iron board, coffee maker, tv etc. The decor was ok but not that important to us. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean although the carpet could use a shampoo but was not filthy. The bathroom could use some updating but was clean and the water very hot. The only complaint we had was the breakfast, mediocre at best but there are several restaurants nearby if you like a better breakfast. This is a very good motel to stay for a night or two, we have stayed at nicer motels in Nacogdoches but none at this price, we saved 50% compared with the last motel and at the Victoria Inn the bed was much more comfortable!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

if I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (936)560-6038

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our Inn.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Originally planned to stay 2 days beginning September 23rd. Arrived very late to be greeted by suite 102. Seemed like a bad idea from the beginning (dark, dirty, musty, etc...) convinced everyone to sleep in a spot without touching anything to get through the night after i was told that there was nothing more available. (should have opted for a night in the car) when morning came, the plan was to leave as soon as possible. Things worsened. I noticed the bathtub had a hole in the ceiling above and worse yet, when the occupant above showered, water leaked from this hole into my tub. Could things get worse before we left? Yes. Staff. I brought these conditions to the attention of the staff and after being challenged as though i was making this all up, i had to spend additional time communicating with unbelievably rude staff just to receive credit for the second night which I was already charged for... Outside with a blanket would be a better option.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.