“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Nacogdoches
Granite Falls, Minnesota, USA
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This property is a great place to stay in Nacogdoches. Service is great. Rooms are awesome and spacious. Breakfast selections are terrific. Fitness room is acceptable. Rooms are quiet. I always seek this property first when staying in Nacogdoches.

Room Tip: Suites are only $10 extra and are very spacious if you are spending a little more time in the room a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We've been going to Nacogdoches to visit my husband's grandmother for many years, and we have stayed in *many* different hotels in town, all of which have been some of the poorest quality I've ever stayed in across the country (Days Inn, La Quinta, Super 8 all are terrible). What a refreshing change to stay at the Hampton Inn! This is still a basic hotel and is a little more expensive, but it's in nice shape. The rooms are clean and well kept. The breakfast is your basic chain hotel style (waffles, cereal, bad coffee), maybe a step up with some decent hot egg and meat dishes. [If only they would get rid of the styrofoam plates!]. My only complaint is that the walls are pretty thin, and we could hear the neighbors. The staff was great - they bumped us up to a suite style room at no extra charge (though the hotel was pretty much empty). And that is another warning, the regular double rooms are very small - the bed pretty much takes up the entire room. We have an 18 month old and there was no room to set up the Port-a-Crib, that is why we switched to a suite. The suites are very nice, tons of room. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you have kids, I'd recommend getting a suite, not a double (which are very small).
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I have been coming to Nacogdoches for three years and have stayed at most of the hotels in town. The Hampton is the best value for the money by far. It has the largest rooms, best breakfast, and a great staff. I felt like I made a great choice and will be back on my next visit. The Front desk person made a great dinner recommendation for me.

Room Tip: Call the Hotel direct for special rates for weekend.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Over all, the best stay we have had in Nacogdoches. This is a nice hotel for a family, outdoor pool was nice and a good breakfast. We stayed here last summer and it looks like it has been redone in some areas. It was more expensive than last year as well. We have stayed at other hotels in Nacogdoches and paid $20 less per night, but this hotel has larger rooms and is a little more upscale.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Magnolia, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My dad died in June of 2010 and most of my family(which is large ) stayed here. The night before the actual funeral several of my nephews and cousin gathered in the lobby and someone who worked there told them to go into a more private room. No one mentioned that there was a large fee attached to using that room. The next day when I got back from the funeral I was rudely accosted by the manager. I was verbally attacked in my grief and completely taken by surprise. There was a large charge to be put on my bill because I had registered for the most rooms. I was never even made aware that the family was entertaining in the downstairs room. After a very tearful and awful scene I left the hotel and never received an apology from anyone...in fact I was told that if I would apologize that they would drop the financial charges.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011 via mobile

Pro's: close to where you need to be (food, highways, etc). Internet was fast, breakfast ok.

Cons: Front desk staff could be a little nicer. Asked for a quiet room and got a room across from the elevator. I also stood infront of them for 5 mins while they were on the phone and didn't acknowledge me. My room was kinda dirty. There was smudged makeup on the comforter and the carpet really needs to be cleaned (it felt greasy). My thermostat also gave up in the middle of the night.

Overall you could guess I was dissappointed with my stay.

• Stayed April 2011
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

This truly is the best hotel in Nacogdoches. We have stayed here many times. Our only drawback this time was that they put handicap upstairs (no egress if there is a fire) and the elevator was really loud in our room. The breakfast has many choices, yet not fabulous. Waffles and biscuits with sausage gravy and a variety of usual breads and cereals. On the weekends they have grab-n-go bags with a bottle of water, granola bar, blueberry muffin and an apple.

Room Tip: Get the HHonors VIP rate.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Nacogdoches? Share your experiences!