“Good Mexican Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Carthage, Texas
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stopped by for lunch and the food was very good. Great, clean atmosphere and really nice staff. Everything was fresh and hot. The refried beans were a little bland though.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We will be making lots of trips to Nacogdoches as I have student attending SFA. My daughter and I ate here and we both enjoyed our meal and the service was efficient and the server friendly. Prices were higher than I am use to paying for Mexican Food, but I guess I'm in a small town. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Improvement needed!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice building and staff. My wife had chicken fajitas and I got a chicken fajita salad. Food made my wife sick and I was unable to eat the food because it was pretty bad. I hope they can bring there standard and quality of food up. Hostess needs to seat folks according to there taste. Meaning we look like church folks and they sit us close to the bar. We had to ask to be moved away from the bar area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“not again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The fajitas are excellent. The cup of warm fajita butter delicious. Fish tacos pretty good; they are on corn tortillas, so they fall apart but can be finished with a fork. They taste good. I got cheese enchiladas once & that was good, too. We tried it many times when it first opened, usually for early dinner just after work. They'd want to seat us in the bar, or under the loud music speakers, or just across from the prep/tortilla area, while we wanted a quiet nook where we could maybe hear each other talk, to catch up on each others' day. Was that too much to ask? Apparently. The last straw was when Sparkle arrived before me, as I had an afterwork meeting. He was taken to the bar; he asked for a quieter place. Taken to the table under the blaring speaker, he asked politely he thought, for a different table. Shown to the booth across from the kitchen prep area, he mistakenly thought there might be a quieter area (at 4:45 p.m.!) and said so. That was a mistake. The hostess asked him in a loud sarcastic tone, "Well, where WOULD you like to sit?" He said politely, "Nowhere," and walked out. We won't go back again. Ever. Unless I start reading some "much improved service" reviews. Maybe we just are not seeing something here... maybe it's us. We'll go to Casa Tomas or Clear Springs, or Butcher Boy's, or Auntie Pasta's. Or Sonic on South Street. They have excellent service!

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pleasanton
“Great TexMex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel I stayed at reccomended this place for dinner and it was excelent. Had their fajitas and they were some of the best fajitas I've ever had. Would come back for sure.

Visited February 2013