“Worst Hotel I've ever stayed at!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Nacogdoches
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2724 North Street, Highway 59, Nacogdoches, TX 75961   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Cleburne, Texas
“Worst Hotel I've ever stayed at!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

First off, I arrived at 1:30 to be questioned where I had made my reservation, what website etc. I said that I had made it online and didn't remember the website that I thought it was from my Wyndham Rewards. I asked if there was a problem with it and the desk clerk told me that she never seen that rate. She belittled me in front of everybody as if I had committed a crime. Then she went ahead and gave me a room but asked me to come back in about 20 minutes asa it was not ready We gave them 45 minutes and afer arriving to our room we discovered it had not been clean. I went down to the front desk and asked for another room and when we went to that room it hadn't been cleaned either. The desk clerk went to look for us a clean room. While she was gone I was questioned What brought us to this town. The man asked how long I was staying, I told him two days. He told me he would put me down for two days. When we went to our third room, I was very disapointed. It was NASTY! the floors had not been vacuumed, the bathroom floor grout was nasty and the tub had mold around the soap holders, etc. The bath tub mat was nasty. Let me give you a tip... clorax bleach goes along way! There also was stuff spilled down the walls next to the bed. GROSS!!!
The next morning when I took the girls to get soemthing to eat for breakfast I just had a gut feeling so I checked with them about the xtra day...they look dumbfounded. I was told that I did not have a reservation for the next day and if I wanted to stay the rate would not be the same. They tried to charged me more than double. Needless to say, I packed up our things and we left and went down the road to another hotel. I would never recommend this hotel to anybody. It was a horrible experience. I am now sick and am hoping that it wasnt from the mold and stuff that I was exposed from. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!! I only wish that I had viewed these reviews before making my reservations!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

This hotel is close to the university and many restaurants are across the street. The TV was big enough to see across the room. I was afraid to walk around the room with my shoes off or in socks only. Floor was filthy. Let's not talk about the couch. I had planned on my daughter from the university to stay the night with us. I did not want to subject her to sleeping on the couch. Oh, there was no wireless internet in the room and the data cable (ethernet) was not working. I had needed to do some work during the stay. Needless to say - that did not happen.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Glen Rose, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

I truly do not think the Days Inn Headquarters give a darn about these situations. If so, HQ would be proactive and take responsibility and resolve these situations. How sad that everyone having a bad experience is encouraged to try another Days Inn Hotel. This advice does not take care of the problem. And here is the chance to make things right for all those that have been wronged. My story is taking place in Nacogdoches Texas. My husband has been here for three weeks and will be here for several more months. The owners of this not so fine establishment put on a great front, their lobby is nice and clean, pool area is keep up as is the parking lot. But open up a door to one of their rooms, that’s another story. The walls are filthy with hand and boot prints; there is filth and black mold in the air conditioner. The bath room is disgusting. There is dirt encrusted in the corners of the bathroom, again mold inside and outside of the bathtub. The cleaning of a room consists of removing the trash liner out of a filthy trash can, changing sheets. No vacuuming, no dusting (which I did myself with Lysol Disinfecting wipes). I see the vacuum cleaner with the cleaning cart but the room that we are in is not being vacuumed. I talked to two different employees and actually showed one the room condition. Within twenty minutes my husband received a call at work, and was advised that he would have to move to another room because of a previous reservation. Maybe this was a coincident, maybe not. He was told that the room they would move him to would be more expensive. In turn my husband called telling me of the phone conversation he had just had with the hotel front desk and I in turn went to the office asking what was going on. The employee (same one I had showed the room to) at the desk told me that they would move my husband to another room but instead of making the situation right they are upping the price. The whole time I am talking to the lady at the front desk the owner is steadily trying to get out of the door and not even acknowledging that I was a dissatisfied. All I wanted was a clean room for my husband to stay in while he is working in this town. Because he works out of town a lot he stays in a lot of hotels. He usually prefers to stay in a Days Inn because he likes them and yes he has stayed in some very nice ones, but I can tell you this he will think twice before he stays in another one. One more thing, I reported my concern at around 9:00am and it is 11:27am and the cleaning staff has yet to knock on the door asking to clean the room. This goes to show that the management program that Days Inn offers is ineffective and flawed.
Jane in Texas

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Dirty and rude. Fails to help guests. Dirty. Rude. Don't stay here under any circumstances.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

stayed here one night because i wanted to be closer to the university. the rooms at this place are filthy. called in reservation late one afternoon that day to book a room and i thought i gotten a pretty good price deal ($69 plus tax). when i arrived the check in process was smooth and the young lady at the desk was very friendly. i had a room on the 2nd floor in the corner, and as i entered the room i started to check things out. what i ended up finding was unbelievable; there were nicks and spots all over the room, hair was found on the tray where the ice bucket, the phone in the room was dirty looking, the bathroom and sink were awful looking. the bathtub drain was in need of replacement; one of the parts that holds the stopper up where broken, mold and mildew in the shower, and below the toilet was dirty (the seal), the shower curtain had all kinds of stuff on it from who knows where. also when i went to bed the blanket under the bedspread needed to be replaced; it had some spot looking things on it.
i asked the young lady at the desk if i could move to another room and she said that the only other room was a jacuzzi suite that would be a $10 extra if i wanted the room. i thought about it and i asked to see the room. the room was on the 1st floor in the same area. it was ok but i noticed that right above the closet area there was water type damage and black mold growing. i decided to stay in my previous room.

the only thing that was good about this place were the beds and tv, nothing else. in my opinion for what i got, my room rate should have been less than $59 plus tax at best.
breakfast was small and decent, and the service is average i guess you could say.
i should have stayed and my 2nd choice hotel versus this one.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
dayton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

First morning there, I went to get food and coffee from the breakfast bar to take back to my room. On the way back into my room, I spilled some coffee on the concrete outside of my room. About 10-20min later, despite the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on my door, Debi Patel, the front desk attendant knocks on my door with an angry look in her face telling me I am not allowed to have coffee in the room, that I am paying for. She completely ignored the fact that there are coffee makers in each room and really left a bitter taste in regard to customer experience.

About 30 minutes later, I approached the front desk to ask for a bathtub drain stopper since ours was missing. She told me I would have to wait several hours.

The room was decent, but the customer service made the customer experience a sham. The hotel staff seemed lazy and very unprofessional.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

The room was filthy - carpet was so disgusting we would no walk on it with just socks. Shoes were a must. The chairs were dirty and stained. There were roaches in the bathroom. Food from a previous guest was in the microwave. The bathroom door and door jam looked like a mechanic had been living there for a month and no one had bothered to clean up after they left. The safety latch on the door was broken.

If had know I could post pictures I would have taken some to illustrate how dirty the room was.

When we arrived at 1am there was no parking. We ended up parking in a handicapped space because there were literally no other parking spaces.

I would not refer my worst enemy to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Nacogdoches? Share your experiences!