“Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

In San Antonio for business and had the opportunity to stay at the Emily Morgan which is directly adjacent to The Alamo. So glad I did. The Alamo has always been of interest to me and I'm glad I had the chance to visit. There are no real surprises or must see's but being a fan of the sacrifice and history that unfolded on the site, it's very hard not to be impressed. I would highly encourage anyone who had the opportunity to take advantage and spend some time touring the site.

Sulphur Springs, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a must see museum! They say it is more focussed on children who may not have the opportunity to travel down south to see the real thing, but it its still very verse and has much more than simply Alamo history. I would recommend this for adults as well. The staff is very friendly. My wife and I went during their off season and the lady opened the doors to give us a private tour! I would recommend this to anyone!!

Mount Pleasant, Texas
“I had a great time at the Halloween Festival!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

The event was specifically for children with free hot dogs, hayrides through the haunted forest, face-painting, a costume contest, and many other events. The kids had a great time! This is the only event of its kind in the area and everyone seemed to enjoy it very much.

Visited November 2011
JacqueBateman, President, a non-profit at The Alamo Mission Museum of Franklin County, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Thank you for your input on Trip Advisor......

We are in hopes of seeing you at our upcoming events this year as follows:
April 21 Bluegrass Feastival/Chili Cook-Off/Trades Day/Tractor Show
July 07 Turtle Derby - we will feed everyone at no cost, races and games
Oct. 27 Halloween Hayride and Campout - yes, we'll feed everyone
Nov.10 Redneck Rendezveau/Trades Day/Punkin' Chunkin'

We offer our 32 foot outdoor stage for community events in an effort to serve the community and have a wonderful setting for outdoor weddings, family reunions and many other events