“Best Western Lake Conroe” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Montgomery
Wichita Falls, United States
“Best Western Lake Conroe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hot water did not work properly in sink or shower, smoke alarm going off every 5 min. had to disconnect to stop it. Very noisy surroundings and A/C unit. Breakfast shoddy. rooms outdated. The beds were not very comfortable and the room is cramped. Ingress and egress to the rooms antiquated only via outside stairs. Saw where other patrons elected to leave after checking and finding their rooms had a bad odor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Montgomery, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I made a reservation when my power went out directly with the hotel. When I called the lady told me she would call me back. I found that strange but waited for her call which did not come. I called her back and she sounded flustered but said there were people that were ahead of me and that I was lucky because I got the last room. I said great and gave her my information. I then asked if I pay when I get there and she said they are not taking cash. I told her that was fine as I did not carry that much cash around anyway. She asked for my credit card and I gave it to her. I told her that I would be in after 8pm. Well at 7pm my power came on so I called her back to cancel. She informed me there was no cancellation for this night. I told her that she should have told me this, she then started raising her voice and talking over me. I told her calmly that I am not a child and she will not speak to me as such. She kept yelling I told you on the phone that tonight you cannot cancel. I told her she was a liar and had poor customer service skills and hung up. I have since disputed the charges and my bank is 100% behind me. I did not get a service, was treated rudely, and never informed of a cancellation policy.

Room Tip: I have stayed there before as a walk in guest and never had an issue. Rooms were nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The Staff is Friendly and knowledgeable about the area Rooms are clean and quiet I have stayed at this Hotel for the past six years as I attend an annual event in Conroe I always go back to this hotel I rate sleep quality as Average but that's just me no bed sleeps like home

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Markham,Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Room was nice and clean, it was a smoking room and even with me being a smoker I found the smell very overwhelming. I think they need to try and minimize the smell in the room as it hits you as soon as you open the door, I won't book a smoking room again, I would much rather stand outside and smoke. The breakfast was well done, everything was warm and fresh and a nice variety. Staff were pleasant, the Motel is situated fairly well, easy access to stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end so you are away from the main road and traffic noise
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

A good hotel with friendly staff. Breakfast was a bit limited for those who came toward the end of the breakfast time, but not bad on the whole. The main concern is safe access from the busy highway. A lot of care is needed getting into the place!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Bloomington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I chose this hotel based on very limited options within proximity to the family I was visiting. There were only 3 hotels within reasonable driving distance, and one was out of my price range. The other hotel scored less on the overall reviews. I was happy with the cleanliness of the rooms as well as the comfort of the beds/pillows. However, I did have a couple of issues. Upon checking in, the 'non-smoking' room smelled very strongly like stale smoke, so I was given a different room. This room had no odor, but the heater blew only cold air and the outside temps would be dipping into the 30's and 40's overnight during my stay. I was given yet another new room, and at first the only issue with this room was that the door was very difficult to unlock. After several attempts, the key-card finally worked. It was late, and since I was on my 3rd room already, I was just happy to have a warm room and no stale smoke smell, so decided I could live with a difficult door. The biggest issue during my 4 night stay was that the water temperature was unreliable at best. My first night, I had a choice of either lukewarm or hot water, but no cold water. Each morning, hot water was available on a sporadic basis, but mostly I had only cold or lukewarm water. I spent very little time at the hotel, so did not even bother saying anything to the staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Gave it an excellent rating considering the price and location on the southern end of the lake (actually across the highway from the lake, but near a nice park) and proximity to fast food chains and the excellent Kaiserhoff restaurant. And adjoining the restaurant is the Wonder Bar, also operated by the German restaurant owners, and words don't do this place justice--will let you develop your own impressions! Let's just say you will meet some locals. I will say the selection of European beer is probably the best in Montgomery county.

The room was spotless, the bed perfect (clean sheets, firm mattress, 4 full pillows), plenty of towels. Also, I reserved a non-smoking room with a king sized bed, and that was what I got, but I didn't expect the other amenities like a large screen tv, frig, microwave, desk, and large recliner chair.

And the breakfast was better than expected, similar to Hampton Inn but not as elaborate.

I usually don't put a lot of faith in this type of review (everything excellent...) so here's a complaint: Larger bath mats please!

Also, full disclosure: Hwy 105 west is a major high speed throughway, 6 lanes, and tricky to cross or turnaround. Be very careful at night especially. That said, if you want to go west from the motel, you can turn right out of the parking lot, then right at the light just 100 yards further east, and after getting reoriented, a light change to take you west safely.

Room Tip: Stay on the western side, it's much quieter, although you will have to lug your stuff further.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Lake Conroe Inn? Share your experiences!