“Great Sushi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of little tokyo japanese cuisine

little tokyo japanese cuisine
18020 SH 105 WEST, NO. 600, Montgomery, TX
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: This is a new restaurant that just opened and serves a variety of Japanese food (tempura, teriyaki, sushi, etc).
Montgomery, Texas
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have eaten Sushi at high end restaurant! This is fabulous! Service is great! Place is small but that keeps the price down! Yummy. Check the times open! They keep weird hours but worth it!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Our Favorite Sushi Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Small husband and wife restaurant that uses GREAT FRESH tasting high quality fish!!! If they maintain their high standards, they will forever stay in business :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Sashimi salmon so awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Sashimi platter great selection great price. Family owned, so friendly. Decor is not all that great, but the food and service make up for the lack of fancy decorations. Try the Montgomery Roll if you don't like raw. Check their website for hours of operation, they are not open on the weekends anymore.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spring, Texas
“Great Sushi Near Lake Conroe!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

OMG OMG OMG!! We have great sushi in Montgomery, Texas! I cannot believe it! I have lived nearby in April Sound for 12 years and never once even tried to find sushi around here - there's so little good food to be found around Lake Conroe and up and down 105 that it seemed pointless to even try. But I've been having great luck with Yelp lately and have started discovering all these great little places all over the state, and - BINGO! - I've now found one of my all-time favorite sushi restaurants, right on 105 near April Sound Marina.

I'm a sushi snob. There, I said it. I won't go anywhere if the nigiri rice isn't super clean and fresh, if the fish isn't pristine, if they give you those crappy cheap chopsticks with the square ends. Up til now I've driven 20, 30 even 50 miles for great sushi at Houston's finest, like Ku*bo, Sushi Ki*ng, Ka*ta Robata. Now I don't have to - five miles from my house on the lake is one of the nicest, freshest and friendliest sushi restaurants I have ever been to.

Little Tokyo is run by the minimum staff: husband and wife, she serves and he cooks. Both friendly folks with charming accents and attitudes that make this place as authentic as you might find on Bellaire Blvd.

To be fair, I've only been once, and may be a little overjuiced by the excitedment of knowing I can get my sushi fix right here at the lake. But still, this place is just amazing. i started with the gyoza, beautiful little crescents of perfectly browned dumplings, then moved onto the acid test: yellowtail nigiri and maguro with raw quail egg. Both...perfect. I mean, perfect. Larger than any other portion I've received anywhere and just as fresh as one of the high-dollar places on Kirby. Fantastic rice, fresh and clean, and a chunk of yellowtail maybe twice as big as one of those places. 2 pieces for $5 - are you kidding me? Then the rolls - for lunch you can get two for $9 or 3 for $11. What?!? Three rolls for $11? And all ncely sized, call them medium, 7-8 pieces maybe 1.5 - 2" in diameter for each roll. the Montgomery roll was particularly good, although no raw fish, all cooked and lightly tempura-battered, but a great Japanese mayo and beautiful texture.

I can't write about more becasue I haven't had anything else - yet - but it's now only a matter of days. I'd be taking the wife back tomorrow but this is a family restaurant - emphasis on family - and it's closed on weekends. Also closed for dinner on Mondays and Tuesdays, and at 8pm the rest of the week. Check out their website for some odd hours - I asked the proprietress about it, she said, yes, sorry, two litle girls at home. So family comes first and good for them.

Little Tokyo has been open 2 1/2 years. With the great word of mouth that Yelp is providing, and the couple of dozen people I'll be telling, let's all work to make sure they like it here and stay open 25 more years. I may have only been once but I can't wait to go back. More than that, knowing I can get great sushi here has changed my whole perspective on Lake Conroe dining. What a great find!

• Visited May 2013
Montgomery, Texas
“Yummo!!!! We are once a weekers if not twice a weekers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have never had sushi before a few months ago and after going here with my daughter I crave it. The lady who takes care of you is a gift. She remembers you when you come back in and you don't even have to tell her what you want. The man who prepares these wonderful dishes is just as nice and they make you feel very comfortable. It's a small place, intimate, but laid out very well.

The food is wonderful as well. I always get the Crunch Roll, Louisiana Roll, and the Montgomery Roll. They never disappoint, and while none of these are raw, I'm sure what is, is just as delicious. I have had the fried rice and shrimp tempura as well and never been disappointed. I would eat here everyday, honestly. It's like they put crack in it cause I want more, more, more.

If you've never tried sushi before and think you won't like it, if you like rice you need to try what I get. If you don't like it I'll be very surprised.

• Visited May 2013