“Great Stay-cation with Family and Friends!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   600 La Torretta Blvd., Lake Conroe, Montgomery, TX 77356   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Montgomery
Houston
“Great Stay-cation with Family and Friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent the weekend with a group of family and friends at the resort, and the experience was awesome! The kids had a great time at the pools' water slides and lazy river. With daily activities (they loved the s'mores and movie by the pool the best) it was a great bargain and weekend getaway. There was plenty to do including bingo, arcades, beach volleyball and miniature golf at no extra charge. The staff was very friendly and accommodating too. My husband accidently left his wallet by the pool and a staff member found it and immediately contacted us to return it with everything still in it(thank God!). We tried to give her a reward but she graciously refused. We stayed in the tower suites and the rooms were very spacious, modern, and clean. It was nice to wake up and spend the early mornings on the balcony. Wal-Mart, fast food eateries and Walgreens are within a couple of miles which was very convenient too. We are looking forward to returning next summer.

Room Tip: Even though the resort does have cottages, the tower rooms were spacious and the private balcony is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for a wedding and it was 4 of us so I booked 2 double beds. We arrived 30 minutes before we had to leave for wedding and got into our room which only had one king bed. Didn't have time to call before the wedding so we called when we got back. The lady at the guest services told us they were sorry and would send someone with a key. 30 minutes later I called again and they said she just left to come bring the key to the new room. 30 minutes after that they still weren't here so I went downstairs. The lady at the front desk told me "oh I'm sorry we don't have any double beds." This was VERY confusing because they just said they were bringing it up. We were extremely pissed, to say the least. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE service!! So I paid 200 dollars for one night and slept on the floor.

• Stayed August 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

As a member of Gulf State Dental Association I was pleased at my stay. It's too bad they are moving the sight to fort worth next year. Last year at this time the resort needed some work. and the sdervice was lacking. This year both areas have been improved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm 19, a full time college student, full time pharmacy tech, and a resident of Bentwater. My friend and I wanted to have a gurl's weekend get away, and decided on La Toretta. I already knew the place was beautiful, since I'd been to many functions there during high school. However, I did it know about all the wonderful amenities they have to offer. The pools, lazy river, water slides, mini golf, golf, etc. we basically spent our weekend by the pool and in the lazy river and enjoyed every second of it. The bar service and room service are great and the waiters are extremely friendly and hard-working. However, the main restaurant called 8303(or something like that...) was barely up to par. The food and service was TERRIBLE! Do NOT go there, you will absolutely regret it. The rooms are so pretty and ultra comfortable. There was no mini fridge for us to keep our drinks cold though, which was a bummer. In order to get lounger at the pool, you need to get there early. If you're not there before 10 AM, you basically have no chance at grabbing your own spot. Overall, it was a great weekend. My boyfriend and I will be spending the weekend there soon. I live La Toretta!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We were disappointed the the outdoor grill was not open.It closes the same time as check in. They need to extend the hours. Can not bring our own drinks in pool area.we stayed there bc of the lazy river & outdoor pool grill & concession. Only stayed one night.was disappointed

• Stayed June 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I went for an overnight trip here to celebrate his birthday. We were in Room 1105, and our king suite was amazing! We had a perfect view of the sunset on Lake Conroe, and we overlooked the pool area. The furnishings and décor were really nice, and there were 2 flat screen TV's in the room as well as double sinks in the bathroom! Our room and the hotel were very clean. We ate at the Lakeside restaurant and had a fabulous steak dinner overlooking the sunset on the lake. Their wine cellar is quite a spectacle and picture worthy! We had the filet and the horseradish mashed potatoes...absolutely delicious! If you have kids, this place has an incredible pool area with multiple pools, a lazy river, and water slides. And for those that enjoy golf, the golf course and clubhouse are very nice! We would definitely go back here. It was a perfect destination for a quick "stay-cation" if you live in or near Houston. And it would also be worth traveling to if you live further away! With several restaurants on-site, a spa, fitness center, golf course, and elaborate pool, who could ask for anything more!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of Lake Conroe!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband was in Miami on business and we live in California. We talked on the phone and decided to meet in the middle of the country. The idea was for each of us to drive to somewhere in Texas from opposite sides of the country and make a vacation out of it. I was looking for resorts in Texas and came across the La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa! I was unfamiliar with the area, but decided to take the plunge....After driving for 2 days, we arrived and we were impressed with the property! It is just like it is in the pictures on the website. I had my 2 sons, ages 11 and 13 with me and they absolutely loved the amenities, such as the many pools, spas and water slides. The resort is on a lake and we also rented a boat! We also enjoyed Texas BBQ at a great nearby restaurant! The resort offers s' mores at their nearby common area on the lake for kids nightly at 7 pm. The staff is attentive to the guests at the pool areas offering beverages and food to everyone lounging around the various water features. The rooms are clean and modern and accommodated our family of 4 easily. Our room had a family room sitting area with a sleeper sofa and a separate bedroom with 2 tvs total. We had a large bathroom with a deep tub as well as a separate standup shower. The bed was very comfortable. We also had a balcony with a view of the pools and lake beyond. We were on the 9th floor, I think. The room was upgraded with the latest furnishings. There is a lot to do in this area and we were not disappointed! We are very picky when it comes to our vacations and amenities that are available for us. It was worth the 2 day drive! Most of all, the people are very friendly and genuine here and make you feel at home..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!