“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa

You added La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   600 La Torretta Blvd., Lake Conroe, Montgomery, TX 77356   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Rate
Fantastic Fall Savings!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Montgomery
Fort Worth, Texas
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We bought this off Groupon and stayed during Easter in the golf cottage. It was on the greens and like a little house. The beds were low to the ground which was nice for my 4 year old and the bathrooms were very large! The shower/tub were very large and deep. Nice tv and very nice closets with lights inside. They were very nice when bringing over ice, and you can even call to get a ride up to the main hotel. We were by the golf course but it was just a short 5 min walk to get to the main parts. We ate dinner at Prime and it was okay, nothing to great but the service was nice. They just do al a carte at dinner, but there was a nice variety. They also had smores that evening by the lake which was a lot of fun. The pools and water park area was very nice and just big enough to have stuff to do but small enough were you were not going to loose everyone in your family or your children. Just wish it was a bit warmer to swim.

Room Tip: Golf cottages were very nice, and felt private because no one was above you or below you. There are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Southysouth,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that you will come back and enjoy the pools when it is warmer, the aqua park is one of my favorite amenities and should not be missed! I know our staff strives for the friendliness that you described in your review and will be so pleased to hear that they succeeded during your stay. We can't wait to host you again and thank you again for such a wonderful review!

Jaimi Fore, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had such a great time. Our room was fabulous and the pools and hot tubs was wonderful. We really liked the lazy river. We will be back this summer with our kids.it was a wonderful getaway weekend with my husband after coming back from his deployment. Thanks for military discount as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Milner30,
We are honored that you choose us for such a special occasion as your husband's return from deployment and I am delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of the military discount. I am glad to hear that you are already planning your return and we will be so excited to have you. Please let me know if we can assist you with anything for your upcoming stay and thank you so much for your review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I so enjoys my stay. My husband and I just wanted a weekend away. We did not do much around the resort itself. However, the rooms were so comfortable and had a wonderful feeling that we felt great just lounging around. We both feel that this will continue to be our getaway spot!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear r_myles1,
I am exceedingly pleased to read that you can't wait until your next getaway. I see that you did not get to enjoy all of the amenities that we offer this time, so I hope that we may host you longer next time as to fully appreciate all the perks of a resort atmosphere. We in turn cannot wait for your return and thank you again for your review of La Torretta.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We took full advantage of all the resort had to offer. The restaurant, Prime serves an excellent breakfast buffet. The golf course was well maintained and great to play! We had a couple's massage at the spa and then enjoyed the Turkish Maman Spa room which were both spectacular. We enjoyed room service for breakfast one morning and it was far superior to any room service breakfast I've had before--order the Texas Hash, you will not regret it! Overall the experience was truly wonderful. The staff was friendly and courteous. We got a great deal on our room and had a fantastic time! We definitely plan on returning as soon as we can!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear TexasJonesy,
Thank you so much for your recent review of your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy the full experience of La Torretta by visiting the spa, golf, and various restaurants. I was especially excited that you recommend the Texas Hash because it is my favorite as well. A friendly and courteous staff is what we strive for and I was happy to read that this was your impression. Please let us know if we can do anything for your next stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Staying at La Toretta was a wonderful experience! This was an annual getaway, we normally go to the coast. I had not been there in years...it was still Del Lago the last time I was there. The grounds are well kept with beautiful flowers and they have expanded the services they offer. There's enough to do at the resort or if you want to shop, plenty of that close by. Conroe has taken on a new feel for a vacation destination.

The staff was friendly and helpful...very courteous and professional. I have to acknowledge Wesley! It was his first night, he was a true gentleman in his presentation and made sure we made it to and from the parking lots safely.

We had lunch at the restaurant and the food was excellant. I recommend the brisket quesadillas...amazing! I was skeptical, but they were incredible...wish I had goten orders to go!

We didn't have time for the spa since it was spring break and they were heavily booked, but it will definately be on the list for our next stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the hotel and the room faced the water. We had no problems hearing any sounds from surr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear PrissyKim,
I am so happy to read that you plan on returning to La Torretta soon, this is truly the best compliment we can receive and I am always excited to read it. The staff will be delighted to read that you found them friendly, helpful, courteous and professional! Please let me know if you need absolutely anything on your next stay. I truly appreciate your wonderful review and look forward to the honor of serving you again.

Gonzales, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights after buying a groupon. I was excited about the water park, but a remodeling accident caused it to be shut down for the 2 days we were here. :(

Luckily, there were other activities. My husband and I played tennis and mini golf, and enjoyed walking around the grounds, which are lovely and well-kept!

I loved the heated pool and hot tub the first night we were here, because hot tubs are wonderful on cold nights. But the 2nd night, the temperature of the hot tub was only warm! It was chilly enough that we had to run dripping and shivering back to our room.

The rooms are decorated beautifully and are spacious and comfortable. The restaurants are definitely the best part of this resort. I was not disappointed in any of the 3 meals I ate here. Very delicious!

I wish we were offered some type of discount or coupon to make up for the water park being out, because that was the main draw foe us, and we drove 5 hours!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Sarah W,
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that you so enjoyed the miniature golf, rooms and grounds of the resort. I especially enjoyed reading about your experience at the restaurants and our staff, they will be so happy to know that you were so pleased with their service. I do apologize that we happened to be under construction at the Aqua Park during your stay, we are committed to enhancing your resort experience. I hope that we will have the pleasure of having you join us again so you can fully enjoy the aqua park.

In Hospitality,
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I arrived at this resort with 3 young kids and had booked a 2 bedroom golf villa. After a misunderstanding with my reservation we arrived at our villas. They were clean and very spacious - no complaints there. The air conditioning was not working in one of the units and even though various workmen tried to repair it nothing could be done until the following day. After complaining over a period of 4 hours, they did offer me another suite but it was late and my kids were settled in bed. They did however, give me $100 credit. The fitness centre is spacious, every machine you would need and it was never busy. We dined at the Prime Restaurant and was not impressed with the service or the food. Both were terrible. We did in room dining which was great - food came promptly and was hot - much better option. The water park was fantastic - loads of options for all ages of kids. We ate at the pool and food and the service was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear milnnjc,
Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate the feedback. I am so sorry that you experienced issues with your air conditioner, we should of moved you from your room if it could not be fixed the first time and I sincerely apologize that this did not happen in a timely manner. I will be sure to personally address the issues that you brought to our attention. I am so glad however that you enjoyed the rest of your stay at the aqua park and fitness center. If we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again, please ask for me at the front desk so that I may be sure to meet you personally.

Jaimi Fore, Manager

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!