“Will be back...soon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa

You added La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   600 La Torretta Blvd., Lake Conroe, Montgomery, TX 77356   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Rate
Fantastic Fall Savings!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Montgomery
Houston, Texas
“Will be back...soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Staying at La Toretta was a wonderful experience! This was an annual getaway, we normally go to the coast. I had not been there in years...it was still Del Lago the last time I was there. The grounds are well kept with beautiful flowers and they have expanded the services they offer. There's enough to do at the resort or if you want to shop, plenty of that close by. Conroe has taken on a new feel for a vacation destination.

The staff was friendly and helpful...very courteous and professional. I have to acknowledge Wesley! It was his first night, he was a true gentleman in his presentation and made sure we made it to and from the parking lots safely.

We had lunch at the restaurant and the food was excellant. I recommend the brisket quesadillas...amazing! I was skeptical, but they were incredible...wish I had goten orders to go!

We didn't have time for the spa since it was spring break and they were heavily booked, but it will definately be on the list for our next stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the hotel and the room faced the water. We had no problems hearing any sounds from surr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear PrissyKim,
I am so happy to read that you plan on returning to La Torretta soon, this is truly the best compliment we can receive and I am always excited to read it. The staff will be delighted to read that you found them friendly, helpful, courteous and professional! Please let me know if you need absolutely anything on your next stay. I truly appreciate your wonderful review and look forward to the honor of serving you again.

Jaimi Fore, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Gonzales, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights after buying a groupon. I was excited about the water park, but a remodeling accident caused it to be shut down for the 2 days we were here. :(

Luckily, there were other activities. My husband and I played tennis and mini golf, and enjoyed walking around the grounds, which are lovely and well-kept!

I loved the heated pool and hot tub the first night we were here, because hot tubs are wonderful on cold nights. But the 2nd night, the temperature of the hot tub was only warm! It was chilly enough that we had to run dripping and shivering back to our room.

The rooms are decorated beautifully and are spacious and comfortable. The restaurants are definitely the best part of this resort. I was not disappointed in any of the 3 meals I ate here. Very delicious!

I wish we were offered some type of discount or coupon to make up for the water park being out, because that was the main draw foe us, and we drove 5 hours!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Sarah W,
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that you so enjoyed the miniature golf, rooms and grounds of the resort. I especially enjoyed reading about your experience at the restaurants and our staff, they will be so happy to know that you were so pleased with their service. I do apologize that we happened to be under construction at the Aqua Park during your stay, we are committed to enhancing your resort experience. I hope that we will have the pleasure of having you join us again so you can fully enjoy the aqua park.

In Hospitality,
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I arrived at this resort with 3 young kids and had booked a 2 bedroom golf villa. After a misunderstanding with my reservation we arrived at our villas. They were clean and very spacious - no complaints there. The air conditioning was not working in one of the units and even though various workmen tried to repair it nothing could be done until the following day. After complaining over a period of 4 hours, they did offer me another suite but it was late and my kids were settled in bed. They did however, give me $100 credit. The fitness centre is spacious, every machine you would need and it was never busy. We dined at the Prime Restaurant and was not impressed with the service or the food. Both were terrible. We did in room dining which was great - food came promptly and was hot - much better option. The water park was fantastic - loads of options for all ages of kids. We ate at the pool and food and the service was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear milnnjc,
Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate the feedback. I am so sorry that you experienced issues with your air conditioner, we should of moved you from your room if it could not be fixed the first time and I sincerely apologize that this did not happen in a timely manner. I will be sure to personally address the issues that you brought to our attention. I am so glad however that you enjoyed the rest of your stay at the aqua park and fitness center. If we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again, please ask for me at the front desk so that I may be sure to meet you personally.

Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My Wife and I celebrated our 14th Anniversary at the resort and had a wonderful stay. We enjoyed the personal attention that we received from the moment we drove up and were greeted by the awaiting staff. The staff assisted with any questions or requests that we had with professionalism and eagerness. The Lakeside restaurant was wonderful. Again, staff went out of their way to make our evening, and others that were dining at the same time, special. They have a lot of amenities that we will look forward to using next time (ie. golf course, spa, pools) we just didn't have much time during this stay. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Room Tip: We enjoyed room 1807. Nice balcony view and the room was at the end of the hallway so any noise or...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear firedad6,
Thank you so much for staying with us on your 14th anniversary! We always feel so privledged when someone chooses us on such a important occassion. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our brand new restaurant Lakeside during your stay and I know the staff will be extremely pleased to read your comments about their service. I am so happy to read that you want to join us again to enjoy the golf, spa and aqua park on your next stay since this is the highest compliment we can receive. We look forward to seeing you again.

In Hospitality,
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Overall its a nice place. Not the best staff because its only kids running everything. The staff looks and acts "Kinda like its a summer camp", its not unprofessional, just very very relaxed, i guess you could say.
It was worth every penny (2 BDR, with living area and dinning area (no frig) little house on golf course, pre-pay for $320.00 per night + $20.00 resort fee), with the exception of the $9.00 tiny margaritas. The food at the hotel is good for hotel food but there are some great restaurants very close by.., worth the 6-7min drive!!!.
Kids enjoyed the water park, even tho the water was still very cold. A few black matts in the pool, could have really warmed it up the week before before the spring break crowds arrived. DJ only played music from his iPod, so if ya didn't like county, you were out of luck. Everything that was wrong there is just a reflection of what must be poor management.
Unlikely i will return, to many other place to pick from.

Room Tip: If you are going for the water park, stay at the hotel, not the golf course view villas, to far away...
Dear TexasTrippinTim,
Thank you so much for your review, we value your feedback so that we may improve our service. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay but there are definite points that you brought up that we can improve upon. It is true that we have a casual atmosphere at the resort to have our guests experience a true retreat but we can make sure that the pool music is a little more professional, yet fun. I will be sure and bring up your other concerns with our staff at our meeting today. Thank you so much for bringing these issues to our attention and I do hope you will try us again to only make your experience more and more enjoyable.

San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel was decent and you shouldn't be expecting anything spectacular if you've done research beforehand. We stayed in a lakeview suite and the room was clean and adequate. The mattresses are not right off the ground anymore as mentioned in a previous review. We found the beds to be quite comfortable. The lake view is not worth paying extra imo. The water related amenities are great for kids and the only reason we would return. Service around the hotel was very good but our experiences at the restaurants were awful. We waited over 2 hrs for our food at the lakeside restaurant. The waiter was courteous and tried to be accommodating but would forget things we asked for and made other mistakes as well. Lots of other tables that were seated much later received their food before us. The kitchen staff and so called "chef" were a joke. It shouldn't take that long to prepare two steaks (which were not good). The manager came by the table and tried to tell us that he looked at our ticket time and we had "only" been waiting over an hour for our food. It was most definitely over 2 hours and we still didn't have our food. Regardless, he pretended to care and took down our room number and told us he would take care of the situation one way or the other (nothing ended up happening). When we finally got our ticket, it was for the wrong table. On the other hand, the host was very nice and tried to rectify the situation by offering to comp our meal but I refused and paid with tip. I didn't want to stiff the waiter who wasn't very good but not for a lack of effort. Our experience at Prime was very similar. The restaurant was dead but our steaks took over an 1hr and half after ordering to come out. The little cafe next to the gift shop was better than the two restaurants. I would recommend this resort for families with kids that can enjoy the water park/slides/lazy river but I would definitely avoid the restaurants if possible.

Dear jaylee777,
First, I would like to apologize profusely that you had to wait, not once but twice for over an hour on your food. This is completely unacceptable and I have already personally addressed this with both managers and have been assured that it will not happen again. I appreciate your review so that we can address and improve upon our service to you in the future and I do hope that you join us again in the future. If we have the pleasure of serving you again, please, ask for me at the front desk so that I may personally thank you for giving us another try.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We met another family for the last 3 days of spring break. Besides the water being a little cold, we all had a fantastic time. We have an 8 and 6 year old. Other fam had 3 kids ranging from 10 to 3. Fabulous aqua park, water slides, poolside games, poolside service for food and drinks. Even a sandy beach for little ones to dig and play near shallow water. You could even bring your fishing poles. There's also mini golf, it's clean and the kids had a blast! We ordered food for in room dining. Portions were great, food arrived hot and delicious. No complaints. If you want a lock box/safe in your room be sure to confirm ahead of time that the one in the room is bolted securely in cabinet. Ours was not so it didn't work. If you want adjoining rooms, plan in advance because those are limited and not guaranteed. Overall great experience. Will go again!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Tallyleo,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa! We are so delighted that you had such a wonderful time with your family over Spring Break, that the 'kids had a blast' and that you enjoyed all of the various amenities. I hope that you return very soon so that we can have the pleasure of serving you for years to come.

Jaimi Fore, Manager

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!