“HOTEL NO: SPA?YES! OASIS in MONTGOMERY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa

You added La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   600 La Torretta Blvd., Lake Conroe, Montgomery, TX 77356   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Rate
Fantastic Fall Savings!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Montgomery
Chicago, Illinois
“HOTEL NO: SPA?YES! OASIS in MONTGOMERY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The spa of La Torretta makes it okay to still book the hotel, so stay if you plan a Spa Retreat! It's an unnexpected High End Spa that has incredible massage therapists, (ask for Patricia if you need a sports massage..awesome) and ammenities are top notch, as the decor. It's quiet, peace-filled place that even sports a hammam that is down the hallway that was wrapped up in a clean bamboo flooring and foliage. Just beautiful. Again..book the hotel if you are planning on spending a spa weekend. If not..hold the key for another hotel til they work out the kinks with new ownership. NOTE:So, my comments and ratings below are for the Spa only. I'm not commenting on the hotel.

Room Tip: Make this for a local from Houston, Spa Getaway..if not..pick another place to chill. But, the spa d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your relaxing spa experience. The massage therapists and staff will be delighted to hear that you thought their service was 'top notch'. We do hope that you will come back very soon to see all the new improvements we have made at the hotel. I think you will be wowed by our service and amenities and will stay over and over to enjoy the spa and the hotel. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back again very soon.

Jaimi Fore, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Mineral Wells, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms were large and comfortable. I wish I could have taken the bedroom and bath home with me - very nice. The food at the banquet was superb, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. No complaints whatsoever. I'd like to see it again in the spring and/or summer.

Room Tip: No one I spoke to who traveled with me said they had a bad room. So I would say all are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,
First, I would like to thank you so much for your rave review of La Torretta! We are delighted to hear that 'the food at the banquet was superb, and the staff was very friendly'. Our staff will be excited to hear that you so enjoyed their service, as they work very hard to make sure that your experience is a happy one. We do hope that you will come back to join us again so that we may once again enjoy your company.

In hospitality,
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a great place for any locals or Houston area residents to come for a night or a weekend getaway. The piano bar is great especially when Hayden Braun is playing. He is blind and can play anything and has an amazing God given talent. All you have to do is hold the music up to his ear and he will listen to it once and play it beautifully. The suites were nice. The breakfast buffet had everything you could want and the quality was great. It would also be a nice place to bring the family in the warmer months. We just went as a couple and really enjoyed our time there.

Room Tip: High room facing the lake.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,
We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your weekend getaway with us! Hayden Braun is one of our treasures here at the resort and we are delighted to know that you got to hear his beautiful playing. We would love to have you back in the summer months with your family so that you can experience all the fun at the Aqua Park. Please let us know if you need anything during your next visit and we will be happy to accommodate.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I got married at La Torretta a month ago, and it couldn't have been better. Team Torretta (Patti, Shon, and Chelsa) paid attention to every last detail, and were extremely flexible as my wife and I changed our minds on different aspects of our event. At no point were they like "this is what you signed in your contract", they simply accommodated us is every which way they could. On top of that, they added little surprises like bride and groom t-shirts and champagne and strawberries in our bridal suite. And we aren't the only ones that felt this way - we still have wedding guests that tell us how awesome the wedding was, and how much they enjoyed the resort - from the all-suite rooms, to the multiple lounge areas, to the great views of Lake Conroe - everyone commented how they felt they were on vacation instead of at a wedding. Anyway, I can go on for pages, but just wanted to express how great our experience was, and how much respect we have for this place. Thanks again for everything!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,
Wow! What wonderful compliments to our team on your wedding weekend. I know Shon, Patti and Chelsa will be delighted to hear that you were so happy with your experience. We know that you have many choices for weddings in the area and we are so glad that you chose us to share your special day. We would love to have you and your new bride back at the resort for your one year anniversary and many years to come. Please, let us know if we can do anything for you when you visit us again!

Buda, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our son was recently married in the Montgomery area and most of the wedding guests stayed at this hotel. All the rooms are suites, we had two rooms with both having queen size beds. The beds are very comfortable, the bathroom is very spacious with nice amenities. All rooms have a balcony with a view of either the pool area or the lake. Ours looked out over the lake, a lovely view. We ate at the breakfast buffet on Saturday morning and it was VERY good. Too often, breakfast buffets are not that good, but this one was excellent.
We walked around the pool area and it is really nice. An aqua park with a lazy river tube float, bar and grill area, kids play area and hot tubs and a big pool. Very nice and would be a lot of fun in the summer!
Customer service was very good, hotel was clean and the rate was reasonable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Inverurie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stunning location, excellent rooms, I can imagine in high season it will be super slick and speedy. However, mid week in late November the bar had no draft beer and meal service was very slow.

Food was good when it came though, Sauteed Shrimp with Grits is well worth a try!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wimberley, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My 3 adults daughters and I booked a 2 bedroom lake villa in September to belatedly celebrate all of our birthdays. We also booked a golf pro for lessons and 9 holes of golf. Even though I had received a confirmation from the Hotel three days prior to remind us of our stay, the golf club said they "could not get a hold of me" to tell me that the Golf Pro had quit a month earlier.
One of the reasons we booked this resort was the golf. Not a good start to our ladies day/night out!
I expressed my disappointment with the front desk, and upon calling on the manager, I received a whopping $50 credit to use anywhere on the property. I truly expected more for the true lack of responsibility when this fact was know a month before hand. Surely, someone could have contacted me.
Our first impression of the property was the construction out front and lack of other guests. Did I remember that this place was in bankrupcy? The parking lot is not paved, and neither is the walkway from hotel to the parking lot. Since we had a villa, this was not a huge problem as we generally parked near the villas.
Upon arrival to the rooms, we noticed the front door completely covered with dead bugs. Mosquitos in the room. 2 bathrobes missing. However, the very clean rooms were nicely decorated and furnished, although the living room furniture was not very comfortable. I had expected a dvd player, but no. No movie for us. One remote did not work. One could not turn off the back outside light--or at least no one of the four of us could find a switch. One bedroom did not have curtains, only shades, so the light shined into the room all night. Construction noise early in the morning to wake us up.
We played some minature golf---it is free. The course is a little worn, but still fun to play. Again, we were the only people there!
Went to the Prime restaurant. It seats about 200, and again, we were the only guests dining!
Therefore, our service was sublime. Food very good---pizzas, chipotle mac and cheese especially tasty, but the desserts were awful. Tiny portions and incorrect descriptions of the items.
Went to swim in the really nice heated pool and jacuzzis. The jets did not work on the jacuzzi. Very pleasant maintenance guys tried to fix the problem, but couldn't. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the time in the waters. No one else to bother us.
This place was like a ghost town!
Went to the spa twice for the express spa package. Harolyn is quite pleasant, but very confusing to deal with. Misunderstandings about both the times and costs. Although, since we couldn't play golf, I did change our times. Still quite difficult to understand the appointment schedules. The spa personnel are friendly and do their jobs well. The facility is clean. Steam room wonderful. Only one shower worked properly.
All in all, we had a good time---the first the four of us have gotten together like this for 12 years.
However, I would not return. It is very pricy and not really worth the money.
It probably would be a great place to take the little kids in the summertime as there is a water park. Also not working or turned on.

Room Tip: Families should try try the 2 bedroom villas. Stay away from construction areas near front of hot...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!