We visited the resort for a couple of days prior to the busy Memorial Day rush. The resort itself is off the beaten path but located on Lake Conroe. The pool area is nicely set up for all ages. We traveled with an infant and a 3 yr old and we were able to entertain them both. They have a baby pool, kids splash/slide cove, a lazy river, and a nice pool with two big kid water slides. They also have an adults only pool but we did not venture there. Towels are provided at the pool for convenience which was nice since we had to drive from our Golf Suite to the pool and had to lug the pool bag (already stuffed with floats and sunscreen) with us.
The golf course is also nice. It has lots of trees... be warned... but they have lost many due to the drought and are in the process of removing them. There are stumps throughout the 18 hole course. The course itself is in decent shape with only a few patches of dead grass here and there on the greens. Be aware of the course rules before you head out! We paid the "Special" price they had for May of $49 for 18 w/ cart at the Pro Shop, whereas the hotel is charging $60 ahead of time and will bill you. (They did refund both rounds of golf for $60 with proof of receipt... annoying that it was even on the bill considering we were told it would not be charged to us unless we told the pro shop to use it.) The pro shop is nice but the man who ran the shop on site is not the friendliest of persons.
Accommodations: We stayed in a 2 bedroom GOLF VILLA and while the rooms were plenty big for our party of 4 adults and two kids, it left A LOT to be desired in the way of a "resort" accommodation. The master bedroom has a king bed and a large bathroom with walk in shower (no tub). The second room has two double beds with a bathroom (with tub/shower). There is a living room and a dining area (just a table and chairs) attached with an office space in between. Our living area had a sliding back door with porch that opened up to the 18th hole (near the green). All three spaces had flatscreen tvs mounted on the walls and there was a dividing door to separate the rooms when necessary.
First off the price is very high for what little you get. There is no KITCHENETTE or microwave or mini frig to speak of in the room. There is a minibar but of course those items are over priced. The room itself needs some major updating. The couch sits so low to the ground that my older parents could not sit down or get up from it. It was also dingy/dirty and lacked comfort. The room itself looked as if it had not been stayed in for a long time. Yes, the beds were made and everything we needed was there (towels, soaps, etc) but there were dead bugs on the beds and in the sheets. There were cobwebs all over the place and spiders crawling around too. Again... not what you expect for $350 a night. The two rooms both had ice buckets but the ice machine was no where to be found. You could call the concierge and they would bring you some ice by golf cart or you could walk a ways to the ice machine down the road.
They are PET friendly if the dog is under 30lbs. There is a $250 deposit at check in but you will only get $200 back at check out... and you will need to remind them of that at check out!
Our saving grace was that there is a Walmart located a few miles away (where you turn off to get to the resort). We purchased snacks and drinks and ice for our ice chests there. There are a few local restaurants but no chain restaurants near by and you would have to drive almost 20+ minutes back to the interstate to find anything nationally known. The restaurants at the resort are pricey and and average at best.
Finally, check your bill before leaving! We had several mistakes that had to be removed from our bill. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed as the perfect retreat for a team building experience or a family getaway, La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa is a resort destination located on beautiful Lake Conroe an easy hour north of downtown Houston that provides the ideal setting for highly productive business functions, extraordinary social gatherings, rejuvenating family vacations, and romantic couples getaways. La Torretta is an easy getaway – a place to go for a great meal, a workout, a round of golf, or for some pampering at the Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Agoda and Venere so you can book your La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas Hotel Montgomery
- La Torretta Lake Resort And Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas
- La Torretta Del Lago Hotel
- La Torretta Del Lago Resort