“A wedding all in one place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa

You added La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   600 La Torretta Blvd., Lake Conroe, Montgomery, TX 77356   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Rate
Fantastic Fall Savings!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Montgomery
Texas City, Texas, United States
“A wedding all in one place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

A great place to relax and have fun by yourself or with family. We had our daughter wedding there and it was the best decision we made. The location was great also for locals in the Houston areas. We will be back. I will suggest however, that they have a refrigrator and/or micgrowave for family with children.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa! We are so happy to read that you had such a wonderful experience with your daughter's wedding. We were so glad to be a part of such a momentous occasion in your life. Thank you so much for your suggestion about the refrigerator and microwaves. We will definitely address these issues with our management team and suggest this change. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you back at the resort very soon!

Jaimi Fore, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Let me start with this: I'm not sure if it was my massage therapist, the lotion used, the army of bugs at the pool or (dare I even suggest it) bedbugs, but it's days later and I'm still itchy with little bumps on my arms and legs... They really, really need to do some spring cleaning.

I spent three nights here. The goal was to have a weekend getaway and this seemed like a perfect one-tank-trip. It's billed as a "resort" and I guess they can get away with that. It is a campus, and there are various lounges, reception areas, and large rooms on the grounds that would work well for an event. In fact, there were two wedding parties the weekend of our stay. I get the feeling that most of the attendees just drove up from Greater Houston for the weddings since I really didn't see many people in the on-location dining options or poolside.

The service was lukewarm at check-in and check-out. They weren't very busy so I don't know why they could not have been more welcoming. When we went to the bar area in the "Sonata" piano lounge area, I'm pretty sure we woke up the bartender. But she was nice once she woke up a bit... The main dining area know as "Prime" did not live up to it's name. The menu was limited and the big-band muzak echoing through the cavernous (and mostly empty) area made me feel as if I was in a retirement home in Boca Raton. "The Shining" came to mind more than a few times, and that could be that it was still relatively early in the season. The food (we had breakfast and dinner there) was underwhelming and quite pricey. We ate lunch at "Coco Cove" buy the pool and that was decent food and drinks (or maybe we were hungry after being in the sun all day).

We spent most of our time poolside, but found it hard to enjoy it because of so many bugs. I understand it's outside, but they need to have an exterminator come out. Beyond that, they absolutely need to power-wash all of the chairs and replace the filters in the lazy river (it was disgusting). There were cobwebs, dead bugs and live bugs everywhere. We packed it up for good and didn't return to the pool after I saw a large black widow spider peek out from underneath one of the lounge chairs. That was all I needed to see.

Another issue that made my overall rating lower is that things that should have been open were closed. We wanted to go get coffee one morning, but the "Mokka Lounge" was closed although it was supposed to be open until 2:00 p.m.

Our spa experience was nice, but I wouldn't go back.

As I said in the headline, it was decent. I'm not one for mediocrity though so I won't go back until they revamp and tidy up a bit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,
I am extremely distressed to read about the problems that you experienced while enjoying the resort. The cleanliness of the pool area, the food at our restaurants and the service at the front desk are all very important to us and please accept my deepest regret that you did not experience the quality that you expect from us. Please, e-mail me directly at jfore@latorrettalakeresort.com to address all difficulties that you experienced during your stay. We are extremely grateful to you that you have brought these issues to light and I assure you that they will be addressed immediately. We do hope to have the opportunity to win back your trust in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

I had read previous reviews of how terrible valet service was. From the moment I drove up, it was dealing with headless chickens. Then we check in, the front desk seemed clueless. We got our room keys, went to our room! Now that was excellent. The room is large and clean and the bed very comfy. We had a slight water problem (it wasn't warm and very little pressure) the positive was maintenance was up quickly and solved the problem. The food was good, but the service was terrible! The waiters excuse was they were short handed because of a wedding, but a simple explanation would have sufficed. We like the stay and would return if we can overlook the bad service.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa. I am so sorry that you experienced issues with the service during your stay. The service at the valet, front desk, and wait staff at the restaurant are completely unacceptable. We are so thankful for the feedback so that we are able to retrain and maintain the level of service that you expect from a four-star resort. Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope that we will be able to win back your favor in the future.

Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stay away from this place if you are expecting a resort type hotel. The staff has no clue how to treat a guest, the layout of this place is ackward, and don't wash your car before you arrive.

We had a Golf Villa for a long weekend, which placed us a considerable distance from the tower. While the "Villa" was recently updated, it wasn't more than a larger type motel room. You even had to call housekeeping for them to "unlock" the mini bar. Oh, by the way, they NEVER came to unlock it.

Since we are basically off the property, everytime we wanted to eat at their restuarants, we had to hop in our car, drive to the hotel, valet park and walk a substantial distance to eat. On top of that, the valet parks your car in a dirt field, so your car is returned full of dirt!

The food is horrible, with only a Sushi resturant, the pool shack for fried food and their signature resturant called "Prime". Prime is basically a buffet that has restricted hours and the food is not even up to par. The problem is that the staff doesn't know the hours of Prime, so we kept being told, "Oh, we don't open for another hour".

Since we couldn't really eat anywhere (Sushi is good for the adults, but not the kids), we were basically forced to order room service. Out of the 3 times we ordered room service, we got it 2 times. The 2nd time, they didn't leave us any silverware, and we had to wait another 45 minutes for them to bring it. By that time, the food was cold.

Honestly, stay away from this place. It is substantially overpriced, and they just don't know what they are doing. You can get a much better value, better rooms, and excellent service in hotels like Hotel Zaza or Hotel Granduca in Houston.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife and I spent Easter weekend and had a great time. The property has been vastly improved over it's predecessor, but still needs some work to justify the price...they are about 75% of the way to a complete luxury experience.

Our room was spacious and comfortable, and the shower and bath were fantastic. The staff was, with one exception, excellent (we had a bartender who served more excuses than drinks). The spa is a comparative bargain; it was much nicer than other facilities I have visited at a lower price. Other than a few greens that need to be reseeded, the golf course was challenging and fun.

There are a few things that keep this property from reaching its full potential. The grounds need thorough landscaping work, particularly around the lake. The valet lot is dirt so the cars are covered in layers of dust after check-out (there is not a self parking option). The food options are limited and overpriced; after decent sushi and a poor breakfast, we opted to eat dinner off the property.

The primary issue we had, however, was the pool area. Music (Top 40 circa 1998) was blasted at the highest volume possible from sunrise to sunset and our fellow guests apparently did not feel the need to supervise their children once they got to the water. We were told at check-in that the infinity pool was for adults only and the sign next to the infinity pool stated that it was for ages 18 and up. This designation, however, was not enforced at all. We wouldn't have noticed if we hadn't been told specifically that it was an adult pool, but if it is going to be advertised as such, it would nice if the resort made an effort to maintain the designation. The resort is making a conscious effort to appeal to families, but it does so to the detriment of the other guests.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the east side of the building....the higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for your extremely helpful review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa. We welcome the constructive feedback and hope to address all of the issues that you experienced. I agree that the designated adult only infinity pool should be enforced as such. We are looking to actively address this from now on, it is very important to us that ALL guests experience a relaxing and fun time at the water park. As to your comments about the parking, we are hoping to finish renovations to our parking lots to make them paved parking in the very near future, along with some landscaping updates that will address those concerns. We are also opening a new restaurant very soon with Texas' only Michelin starred chef, Matthew Gray, at the helm. We hope that we will have the pleasure of your return so that we may show you the luxury experience that you hoped for the first time around. Again, thank you so much for your review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa and we look forward to your return!

Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We were celebrating my girlfriend's birthday, which this year coincided with Easter weekend. When I asked about formal dining, it was suggested that I find a place off-site. Not what I expected from a resort. We left the property for dinner. We enjoyed the Easter Sunday brunch, and had room service twice which was good.

My girlfriend used the spa and just _loved_ it. Go for the spa, if nothing else. Very professional, friend staff. You won't be disappointed with the spa.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the lake.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Initially we were on the 1st floor room and the room smelled moldy and the shower head had green slime all over it. I told the front desk about the green slime and he said he'd have someone clean it - seriously, they would need to replace the disgusting thing! We ended up on the 7th floor and the room was much better. We're traveling with 11, 5, 2 yr olds and the pool area was not clean or well maintained. There was a broken table on steps in the pool, and no staff bothered to pick up the food/ drinks that were delivered in the pool area so there were half eaten food baskets all over the pool area. Also a child had accidentally dropped a glass cup in the middle of the sidewalk near the fishing dock, but the staff didn't bother to clean up the hazardous mess until after 2 days. Don't bother staying at this place on a Sunday night cause they close the pool early and nothing is open on Monday.

Dear valued guest,
I was very discouraged to read your review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa. The cleanliness in the pool area is very important to us and will be addressed immediately. We are very concerned about our guests safety and a broken glass being at the pool for more than 2 days is completely unacceptable. I am so sorry that you had to change your room upon check-in because of an issue with cleanliness, again this is unacceptable. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention so that these very important issues can be rectified for the future. We hope it is not too late to win back your trust in the future. Please e-mail me directly at jfore@latorrettalakeresort.com so that we may more fully address the difficulties that you experienced during your stay. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Warm regards,
Jaimi Fore, Manager

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!