“Wish I could give 5 stars but nope!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Mission

You added Studio 6 Mission to your Saves list
Studio 6 Mission
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 Plantation Grove Boulevard, Mission, TX 78572 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Mission)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Mission
“Wish I could give 5 stars but nope!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I would give this a 5 star in the past but the only thing is that the pool use to be sparkling clear blue thatyou would just love to swim in.But now it looks as is the water is a muggy green. This is the only thing that made me decide to bring my family but once getting here really suprised me the pumps to pool are not running. The price is great and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montgomery City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel needs to be reclassified as a Studio6. It is quite a surprise to a seasoned Motel6/Studio6 long time customer. As others have described it is a small efficiency apartment, I can only say it is close to an Embassy suites room but with a kitchen. Spanish decor seems to be slightly worn and not maintained well, however that being said, it is a very nice room for the money. It is located in a residential/light commercial area, a technical school and residential tracts surround the hotel.

Room Tip: We are traveling with a small dog and have a room adjacent to the dog walk area, which is kept very...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
McKinney TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Bungalow Suites has recently been bought by Accor hotels, the same company that owns Motel 6.

PROS:
Great value at $63/nt.
Beautiful tropical landscaping.
Nice heated pool, hot tub & BBQ area.
Four rooms in each villa.
Kitchenette packed with all essentials.
Huge armoire with plenty of drawer & hang up space.
Located in a very nice & safe area.
Free laundry machines & a small but adequate workout room.

CONS:
Both of their websites and reservations are a disaster, presumably from the change in ownership. We reserved (and the hotel confirmed) a room with king & queen bed at $85/nt. I called their front desk a couple hours before we arrived to confirm our reservation and specifically our king/queen room. They confirmed it was ready. When we arrived I was told all the rooms had two double beds and the rate was $63/nite. Also, they now do not have breakfast and room payment in advance is required.

No daily maid service.

Some of our dishes and pans hadn't been rinsed off let alone washed.

Rooms are a bit outdated (i.e. TVs, bathroom faucets, tub,..).

SUMMARY:
We highly recommend this hotel because of its unique Mexican-resort setting and it is an excellent value. However, it is not for everyone. But if you are looking for something outside of the Marriot/Raddison/Dury box, give Bungalow Suites a try. We will be back often.

• Stayed March 2013
Richmond, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Love the charm of the Bungalow Suites village. Reminds me of visits to villages in Central America where I would stay a quaint casa style lodging. Our room(s)...a living room with sofa, chair tv, desk office chair and a round dining table with a window view. A kitchenette with fridge, hot plate, full sink, microwave oven, coffee pot, pots, pans, dishes. Nice size bathroom with a huge soaking tub. A separate bedroom with a large armoire and king bed. The flooring is rustic tile (not a true saltillo) and furniture and cabinetry is rough and rustic. The facilities would be wonderful for a multitude of purposes... NOT for the PERFECTIONIST....stay at the Mcallen Renaissance if that is your criteria. The Bungalow is relaxing, fully appointed with essentials and a bargain. With complimentary breakfast and evening reception the Bungalow Suites are as close to an all inclusive resort facility as you will find in the McAllen Texas area.

Room Tip: Reserve through the hotel website directly for the best price.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
St. Charles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had to travel to mission texas in an emergency and needed a place to stay, I happened upon the bungalow suites quite by accident, and boy did I get one of the nicest surprises ever. The suite was great like an efficiency apartment also you should know that I dont really like to stay in a hotel alone but I felt very safe in this location. my room was clean and fresh everyday I plan to go back with my family again to stay on my next trip to the valley. thanks again to the wonderful staff at Bungalow Suites for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 171 and while there was some paint touch ups that needed to be done around the bedr...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We are on a lengthy road trip touring the US South and South West. This hotel popped up on Expedia as we searched for rooms near McAllen Texas. We like to have the opportunity to cook some of our meals. I read "older" reviews on trip advisor and reviews on expedia and hesitated to book.

Eventually contacted the Hotel with a question about the kitchenettes, received a very quick response from Hotel Management and decided to book a King Unit for 3 nights. The room price was excellent using our CAA membership and included a hot breakfast.

We travelled further than anticipated, called the hotel to see if we could check in a day early, not a problem. The hotel is located away from the commercial "strip" of the highway 83 in Sharyland Plantation giving it a quiet and rural feel. It is a series of connected bungelows some one story, some two stories. There is a lovely pool and hot tub area, the guest laundry is free, hot breakfast was adequate with a Southwestern Flair. The staff were friendly and accomodating.

Our King suite was roomy and comfortable. It consisted of a sitting area with dining table, desk, love seat, chair TV. Good lighting for reading, excellent free wireless connection, many TV Channels both English and Spanish. The bed room had a second TV and lots of storage and was spacious. Sitting area bedroom connected by a galley style kitchenette- well equipped with pots and pans, cutlery, dishes for 2, 2 burner hotplate, no dishwasher, no oven.

The unit was showing its age with a little wear and tear around the edges but was clean and the bed very comfortable.

We loved our stay. I have a sense that there has recently been a management change, but I feel our experience does NOT reflect the negative reviews about this hotel presently on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011 via mobile

Danet Garza is the most unprofessional GM that I have EVER delt with. Staff is clueless DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Studio 6 Mission? Share your experiences!