“One of the best Hampton Inn's we have ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mission
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nebraska
“One of the best Hampton Inn's we have ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very clean property. Very friendly and service-oriented staff. Great breakfast. Our family was very pleased. We travel alot and have high standards. This is an exceptional property. Another nice thing is that they give you free bottles of water. This is a very nice touch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jonni C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mission, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello bluedogNebraska!

We really appreciate you taking the time to write us an awesome review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel.

We hope to see you again soon,
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Just returned from a stay at this hotel. The hotel staff was excellent with booking issues and during our stay. On our first night, we had an issue with our television, so they immediately moved us to the adjoining room next door. The breakfast items are OK, but there is a variety. Good location with retail and restaurants very close to the hotel. Good "home base" to visit the many birding locations in the area.

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jonni C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mission, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We really appreciate it!
corpus christi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and were in town this weekend for a wedding and Hampton Inn was a recommended hotel for the guests of the wedding. I have stayed in a number of Hampton Inn's and have to say that this hotel ranks as #2 of al the Hampton Inn hotels that we have visited. The hotels landscaping is definatly the best and the lobby area was very neat. I was also very tickled at the idea of the key card doors. At most any hotel, you have to take your card out and insert it into the door lock. At this hotel, you just place it up to the lock and it unlocks. You didn't even have o take it or of your pocket if you didn't want to. Also, the hotel had 2 elevators!!! Ive never seen a Hampton with 2 elevators. Nice not to have to wait. I did have two issues that I wasn't impressed with. #1, the power went out at the hotel and we were on the 3rd floor wich meant that we had to use the stairs for a bit. But you can't control the transformers. #2, The breakfast was good as usual, but it lacked a little to be desired. I definatly know the eggs could be improved with a bit of milk to soften tem up. Like I said, ive eaten the very same eggs before. And #3, I wasn't impressed with my check-in, but only due to Johnathon (I think that's his name) being new and left alone at the desk. It wasn't a problem to me, cause I used to work at a Hampton and he allowed me to show him how to get me checked-in. He was very nice to us and was very happy to let me help him. Overall, my stay at Hampton InnMission was delightful and I will recommend it in the future. Thank you!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently traveled to McAllen, Tx for a business trip, and chose Hampton Inn Mission, Tx as my hotel. I had a group of rooms with many changes in the weeks before the event, and Jonni and Rebecca were there to assist me at every turn. Jonni even called the week of the event and offered to upgrade all rooms to suites. As the suites she had available only had 1 bed and a sleeper sofa, I upgraded only 1 couple. When we arrived at the hotel, we were surprised to see a table of cookies and lemonade for guests. We were ecstatic to see that the hotel had taken the time to make goodie bags for us! In all my years of travel, I have never had a hotel do anything so nice. When we got to the rooms, we were amazed at how roomy and modern they are. The suite upgrade was really nice, with a bed, sleeper sofa, small fridge and microwave. A computer area divides the bedroom area from the sitting area with the sleeper sofa. The room and beds are clean and comfy, and everything is just so fresh. I went to the gym, and the amenities are very nice. As we left early for our event, we didn't eat breakfast, but the area is large, with very nice furnishings. The hotel location is right off the highway, with plenty of places to shop and eat, and close to McAllen airport. The hotel offers a free shuttle to McAllen airport, and Rebecca helped arrange transportation to Harlingen airport. It is about 2 mi to the McAllen Convention Center, where our event was held. This hotel is a great value. I will be staying here every time I come to the McAllen area. This hotel is simply the best!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pharr, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Mission, Texas. Our front desk associate, Balde, was very accommodating!! He made sure we were all taken care. The room was beautiful and spotless! And the bed was so soft and comfy...definitely made for a great night sleep! And what a way to start the day with the delicious and filling breakfast! There was a great assortment of choices, including the very healthy ones! I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I'm in Mission, Tx!

Room Tip: I'm sure any room will be a great choice! Once your head hits that pillow, anything else won...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is under superb management. The GM, Jonni Chavez makes it a point to establish a welcome feeling with the guests, and it filters down into all the employees. They all constantly wear a smile and go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure the guest is happy. The facility is fantastic and quiet! Every time I go there I leave impressed. Wi-fi is great. Perfect for business or leisure!

Room Tip: King suites are very nice and spacious with great office desk layout.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Juan, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hotel has a great location, about 5 mins. from McAllen Airport, it is right next to the highway and right behind the mall with many places to go eat. Complementary full breakfast, awsome studios suites, laundry rooms, beautiful swimming pool and exercise room makes this place the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mission? Share your experiences!