“Great Experience & Very Courteous” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Midland
Norman, Oklahoma
“Great Experience & Very Courteous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am a teacher and will be traveling to Midland this month for a state-wide conference. After many calls to local hotels and finding out just how expensive rooms are in the area, I called this hotel hoping their pricing was somewhat reasonable. The person that answered my call, I believe it was Jon or Jonathon if I recall correctly, was absolutely wonderful in helping me. He explained he was in training but would help me any way he could and he did just that. Instead of trying to price gouge me like other hotels did, he took time to find a rate for me using my AARP discount that I could use which helps because of my limited budget as I'm sure all of you other teachers can relate to...LOL. Jon also told me they offer a courtesy shuttle which saves me the expense of renting a vehicle, etc as I would've done. I look forward to the upcoming stay and conference and appreciate the class act by the gentleman whom booked me. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Laura L, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Midland Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experiences interacting with our team. Our team really is passionate about "taking care of their guests" and it's rewarding to know that it shows. I will be sure to share and celebrate your feedback with the entire team. Thanks for your loyalty and your support!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed here throughout the past 5 years and I have to say I am very disappointed that managment would hire a head house keeper with such little reguard for her housekeeping staff and customers. I would be EMBARRASSED to even sign her checks. throughout the past few months of being here on company business I have witnessed her degrade, roll her eyes, and totally disrespect other staff which infuriates me seeing this. I, myself am a supervisor and would never tolerate such conduct! This young lady has spoken to me on many different occasions at which time she has actually told me personal issues about her staff that is no ones business, especially a CUSTOMER! When I see her I literally turn the other way. Over all hotel experience is satisfactory, but definitely HIRE BETTER SUPERVISORS!!!

Room Tip: Every room I have ever gotten has been about the same quality
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
A_Ybarra, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Midland Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We have held meetings with our supervisors to improve their developmental habits. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has made you. In your next future visit, I assure you that this will not happen again. Thank you very much for your feedback. Have a great day.

Grand Prairie, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

It was clean
I left my cooler in room when i checked out we were doing a event at the horseshoe so when it was over i went back to get it was told it wasn't turned in so went to the room but its not there looked all over the hotel manager called housekeeping but they said they didn't see it
manager told me she was sorry and would replace everything . she told me she would send gift card to replace it but i have called 3 times and told she not there would have her call but she not returning the phone calls
Makes you thank how many people have had things come up missing

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
My apologies for the loss of your cooler. Due to the incident, I have sent you a gift card to replenish the cooler and whatever was inside of it. If you have not gotten it, please call the hotel directly and let me know so that I can make sure this is investigated. Thank you and have a good day.

Baton Rouge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Breakfast was terrible no coffee no forks food was cold. If i have to pay 180.00 i would like a better breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

My apologies for the inconvenience of your experience in our breakfast area. I understand that it is an inconvenience to our guests not to have items put out such as forks and coffee and how the frustration reached its limit for you. We are looking to improve our breakfast area so that this does not happen again. I hope that when you are in the Midland / Odessa area you come and give us another chance. Thank you for your feedback. Have a wonderful day.

Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am having a terrible experience at this hotel. First I am given a room that was not ready for occupants (i checked in close to 4pm). I immediately called the front desk when I walked into and found my bed not made and the bedding wadded up in the center of the bed and had no towels. I was then given a new room. Second, when i went to deadbolt the door, i found the deadbolt and the holes for the deadbolt do not match up. The hole needed to be made higher. If the lock was actually tested after the hole was made it would have been obvious. I barraded my door with a chair tucked into the bathroom entrance and the latch across. Third, i had been out in the sun and heat and when I got to the hotel i went to the vending machine to get water. The machine would not take my dollar, quarters or card. Luckily i noticed the fitness room had water, so I kept retreiving water from the coolers there. Lastly, i went to the business center to print out my boarding pass for my flight the following morning. Only to come to a printer that apparently recently had ink catridges installed, but not completely setup. So i completed the process so I could print. Then come to find the printer that was in the business center wasn't even added to the computer. I attempted without luck, by this time I had enough left the business center and went back to my room. If i was staying more than one night, I would find another hotel. The price paid for this room was not worth the shotty quality i walked into. I realize this area is in the middle of an oil boom, so people will pay the extraordinary high prices for low quality; however, maybe you should visit the hotels in Williston and Minot, ND. They are in the middle of an oil boom as well and have exceptionally better hotel quality and service.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
A_Ybarra, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Midland Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience of your stay. You, as our guest, should not have been encountered with a dirty room. At the front desk, water is offered free of charge. I apologize that you were not aware of that. I, also, apologize for the inconvenience of your safety. The business center printer is now working and you should not have any problems with it again. We would love for you to come back and see us and give us another chance. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Operations Manager

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Midland Airport? Share your experiences!