“Needs to be remodeled” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Midland
Riverside, California
“Needs to be remodeled”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This site needs to be closed down and remodeled... also, this is more of a motel, than a hotel as all of the room doors are on the outside. The pool is eternally closed (based on other commenters), the tub is disgusting, the cleaning crew definitely needs to learn how to vacuum...

The heater and A/C in my room were barely sufficient.

Now onto a nice thing, the hotel does have TV in HD, with a nice guide, and a respectable number of channels (to the commenters who complained about this, most hotels that I have stayed at have had around 20-30 at most, and then in SD)

The hotel WiFi sucks, its there, but the internet connection is not enough to support the load. I usually just ended up turning on the hotspot function on my 4G phone, and got better service.

Regarding the train tracks that others posted about, I think that unless you are a very light sleeper, if you are on the back half of the property (where I was) you won't notice it too bad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Room smelled bad. Shower was very dirty. Just checked credit card and I was charged THREE times for my room! Sure wish I had read the reviews before making reservations. Thought since it was a La Quinta it would be decent. We reserved 12 rooms and everyone had complaints. Do NOT stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CC, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My stay was on 10/07/13. Check-in was quick and easy and staff were considerate. Room did need some vacuuming. I am aware of the high priced hotel rates, so I got this room for a reasonable rate. Because I had an early departure flight the next morning, it was convenient that the hotel is not too far from the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here on the night of 10/7/13 in Rm. 151. The room was booked for me for a business trip. I noticed the bad reviews AFTER the room was booked and dreaded what I'd find.

The hotel exterior is pretty old, but that's okay. The lobby looked fairly nice, check in was quick, and the front desk staff were friendly and efficient.

My first look into the room I thought everything looked okay, and was relieved, based upon the reviews. As I was getting settled in the room, I noticed lots of un-vacuumed "stuff" - a few steps inside the front door, under the sink vanity, under the business desk, and between the bed and the nightstand (see pic). The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the sheets looked a little wrinkled (see below), but didn't think much of it at the time.

No trouble with parking, but the hotel is off an odd frontage road. If you're passing from East to West, its probably easy to get in and out of the property, but not West to East, or about the town of Midland itself.

Breakfast wasn't that great - individually packaged pastries, some fruit, hardboiled eggs, juice, (stale) biscuits and gravy, cereal, and make-your-own waffles.

After breakfast, anticipating another night's stay, I called the front desk and asked them to have housekeeping vacuum thoroughly. I also placed the hotel card on the pillows, indicating that I want my linens changed, which they don't do unless requested to conserve water and energy.

My client cancelled my expected 2nd night to send me elsewhere, and I had to return to pack and check out just before the checkout deadline. Housekeeping had come by, but the requested vacuuming had not been done. Also, the bed was made, but the sheets were not changed as I requested. How do I know? Upon a hunch (the wrinkled sheets I mentioned), I placed a very discreet dot on the sheets in a specific place in pencil (can be washed out). Checking the sheets - that small, faint dot was still there, telling me the sheets were not changed! So, if you're in this room after me, you probably don't have clean sheets, and I'm not confident I had clean sheets myself!

Internet worked well, and the room was spacious. A/C didn't cool well, and would only work on the Auto setting. Flat screen TVs are in the room, and I liked that the TV had satellite vs. cable - I like being able to see a program schedule at a glance and select from there, however, there weren't many channels - less than 40. Water in the shower was hot and had good pressure, but the shower head was set very low - like for someone 5' tall.

I'll try somewhere else next time I'm in Midland.

Room Tip: During hot months, get a room that doesn't face the hot Western sun.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. When I arrived, I was given my room key and directions - the desk clerk was not friendly at all. I drove to the room, opened the door and the room wasn't made. I drove back to the front desk and told her - not an apology, a "sorry for the mistake", NOTHING. She just typed some things and gave me a new room - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

On top of that, the bathtub was discusting and didn't drain and the fact that there are trains going by every 30 minutes through the night, and the truck yard next door - forget about getting a good nights sleep. Because Midland is booming with oil work right now, hotel rooms are hard to find - $160 for a La Quinta is outrageous especially for this dump.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
burleson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been staying at this La Quinta since March of 2013 to August 2013 for work. I have been all across the country stayed at a lot of places and this La Quinta is one of the worst motels I have stayed in. The rooms are consistently dirty and something is always broke in the room. The pool is broke and will be down for weeks at a time and looks like pickle juice after a week of no service. I ask when it will be back up and the response is they are waiting on a part... yea right, waiting on a part for three weeks!!! The breakfast is a joke and the front staff can careless what you have to say, its just a job to them in a crappy motel. Whatever you do don't give your money to this place, my company pays my room, I would never give a dime to a DUMP like this!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed in laquinta several times, but something quick has to be done about this hotel since it is dragging the Laquinta brand name in the mud by being the dirtiest hotel that I have ever been to. It is very dirty, I dont think management supervises the cleaning of the hotel well. lots of dead roaches, crickets and live roaches. there was hair even in the refrigerator. We spent hours cleaning the room. When we complained, and another room was recommended, upon inspecting the new room, It was the same conditions, very dirty room so we refused that room. I was told by the girl at the front desk that these conditions has been reported several times to the manager by guests every morning but she never does anything about it. I dont understand why they just cant vacuum or clean the room well. The pool was broken throughout our stay. When we finally got to report to the manager of the hotel, she was so rude that, I can now understand why the hotel is as dirty as it is. Please dont waste your money. I dont care if you go to another La Quinta, but dont waste your money on this nightmarish experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Midland? Share your experiences!