“worst” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 35 hotels in Midland
Seminole, Oklahoma, United States
“worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

i hate this studio 6. first off the room smelled bad, the workers cant understand english, cant understand the housekeeping either. they didnt come clean our rooms. i had my pets with me and the manager came saying our only allow one it the policy it didnt say how many have two lil dogs no bother to nobody, it took a week to get our lights fix in our room. the staff is rude. i would not stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stafford, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Okay, let's start off by saying this: you get what you pay for. When all the hotels in town are charging $150 a night plus (even the Best Western), and you have to stay somewhere that costs under $100, it's not going to be the nicest hotel in town.

The hotel looks run down from outside, rusting staircases, wood trim that needs repair, etc. etc. The rooms on the inside are really not that bad. This property appears to be former efficiency apartments turned into a hotel. The room is spacious for a hotel room, has a refrigerator and updated and nicely painted kitchenette. Yes, the comforter looks old and could stand to be replaced. Would have been nice if they had at least vacuumed the floors. It was surprisingly quiet all night and I got a good night's rest. This is not the Marriott or Wyndham, but it is what it is, the only under $100 hotel room in a town full of $150+ rooms. If you can afford to pay more, do so, but if your company puts you on a budget, this hotel won't kill you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
lubbock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

i thought motel 6 was bad. we had a softball team stay and rented rooms for 100 dollars a night. 2 nights. 8 rooms. half the rooms were not properly cooling. had to go buy fans. people from motel in back were coming over and using the swimming pool. pool water was dirty. never saw maintaince man work or clean it. 4 or 6 of us drinking a beer on balcony not making any noise but were told by their nightwatchman that studio 6 has a midnight curfew.we had to go into our rooms. rooms were how. 97 degrees outside. this was a bunch of crap. the city police was called out and of course they wear a gun so we obliged.i will never ever stay at a studio 6 again. especially this one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Just a vVERY dirty place, owners have workers there that do not take down correct information--u WILL pay for their mistakes & them not paying attention and writing down wrong info---they also are very cranky because you are taking away from what they "want to be doing" instead of waiting on you........no one can speak english

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
dallas / ft worth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I thought this was gonna be a good choice, at first. The front desk clerk Tammy was very helpful and friendly. She was confident that our stay would be a good experience. She was checking us in for 3 rooms for 2 nights, and said she would give us the best rate because we were a group. I should have walked out the minute a lady come in screaming at Tammy about move i need the computer now, i got an emergency. but i watched and listened. This lady was saying something about internet not working next door i got to put this guy in room here. make me 2 keys for room --- now!!. this lady has still not noticed me standing at counter and Tammy just looks shocked! she goes over to make cards and messed up on the second card , this lady is screaming hurry up i dont got time, for this. just move let me do it, all in a matter of seconds, at this point the lady looks up and sees me staring at her. she says "can i help you?" I say" no , she was helping me,"and i point at Tammy. the lady say "fine" and runs out the door with the keys in hand. Tammy apoligizes for the interuption and asures me that this is not a usual accurance. She proceeds to finish checking us in. The rooms looked newly painted and they looked clean at a glance. but as i got to noticing different areas look as if they were not touched by housekeeping. there was old food in the fridge in my room, the sheets looked slept in to me and the towels looked as if they needed to be bleached againan, they were rough to touch, as if they were old. I thought to myself , it could be alot cleaner in here. I was sleeping in the next morning because my meeting was scheduled for after lunch on this day. I was rudely awaking by a screaming lady in a foreign language, outside my window at 8:30am. I got up out of bed a peered out the window, to no surprise, it was the screaming lady from the day before. I call to the front desk and try to explain the problem to the girl at the desk. she couldnt understand me, cause she kept asking me to repeat myself. i get dressed and go up to the front to explain in person, this lady with no name tag just laughs and says "sorry." and turns away. nothing else. I go back to my room just shaking my head wishing i would have made a bee line for the door yesterday. I decided to go check out the breakfast offered to us, from next door at knights inn ,not the healthiest choice, but i ate anyway. i went to speak w/ coworkers after that, to see how it was going for them. they also said the screaming lady woke them up. we discussed going somewhere else. my co worker called the front desk and ask if we could get refund. she was told" that there was no refunds aloud, company policy." We all went to our meeting at 1 pm and returned back to the motel late around 9 pm. I went to the desk to exchange for clean towels wondering why they were not offered to me at my door. The friendly face,Tammy from the day before greeted me as i walked up to the desk, she gave me clean towels and i told her about my morning experience. She apoligized with sencerity and i could tell she was dissapointed in her co worker for waking us and housekeeping for not doing a better job. I went to bed and got up at 8 am to pack up and go back home.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Investorshm, IHM Property Reporter at Studio 6 Midland, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
We would like to apologize for the room and its uncleanliness. Many changes are being made with housepkeeping, to clean all areas and change all material in room; regardless if any one stays in the room. Also employees will be evaluated and better trained to help the situations that arise. We again would like to apologize for the rude awakening. We thank you for your concerned review. We will incorporate it and assure that nothing like this happens in the future. We again would like to thank you for the review, and hope that you may change your mind and stay with us in the future.
Baton Rouge, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We stayed here on our way back from southern New Mexico and an afternoon at Carlsbad Caverns. I was in Midland in 2005 and saw that this hotel was being worked on. It's not a new building, but it is a remodeled hotel and is now a Studio 6.
The room we stayed in was huge, additional kitchen and closet area. The room didn't look new however. It looked rather old and used. Paint chipping off the walls, the tub was filthy. The windows are raised and pretty big, but the curtains don't necessarily cover the entire window, so I had the feeling that someone could easily see in whenever they wanted. The pool area looked pretty nice though. The staff was friendly. And it served our needs for just a quick night stay. The room size and if we had wanted to stay there longer might have justified the room price. Otherwise, it was overpriced for one night.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Investorshm, Management Company at Studio 6 Midland, responded to this review, August 26, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. The Studio 6 Midland appreciates and values traveler opinions as we feel as though it is a vital tool to evaluate how the overall guest experience was. We have had several compliments regarding the spacious size of the guestrooms as well as the convenience of a full kitchen- including a full size refrigerator, stove and microwave. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay at The Studio 6 Midland.
El Paso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

My wife and I were traveling from Dallas to El Paso with our 4 month old daughter who had just gotten heart surgery. Because of our situation, we did not time to review a lot of hotels, and our budget was limited. We got into town and near Wall Street there are a cluster of hotels, many which were booked. We ended up going to Studio 6 and the brochure had a nice lay out; two queen beds, a full kitchenette with stove and full fridge. It was $109.99 plus tax, but we really needed to crash so I paid. Man, I should have checked out the rooms first. I am NOT biased whatsoever, but this place is really crappy.

We get in and there was a strong stench of carpet fresh covering up other smells. The carpet had visible stains throughout, and in fact was uneven. We got everything out and started to try and relax when we truly started to see what we got ourselves into. Please look at the photos and know these were taken shortly after we got there; this was not what we had done but what was found. There was no ironing board, so I called front desk, and they said they would fetch one and bring it up. 3 hours later I still had not heard from them. Well while getting our beds ready, we find out my wife's bed has hairs in the sheets! I called the desk again and a new person answers. He brought us the board, but was letting me knwo those sheets were in fact new, and it may have been my hair that fell as I was undoing the cover. That kind of ticked me off but he went and got some other ones. THose were actually stained a little (picture below), but at that point I gave up.

Everything in here screams discount or budget hotel. I should not have had to pay more than $59.99 for this room. Stained and dirty walls everywhere, very low quality towels (and they only gave us 2), cheap toilet paper, and in fact when you flushed the toilet, it took 20 minutes to stop fillng up. About the only thing I was satisfied with for the price was the TV and WiFi. The AC works great, though it is a little noisy. This place would not be bad if your expectations are set the right way. We paid $100 at the Best Western Inn in Abilene and had a MUCH better experience, not to mention high quality and comfortable beds, sheets, towels, etc. If I knew it was this bad, I would have push onward or paid the extra $50 a night to go to a nicer hotel on the loop.

If you are looking into this hotel, make sure you check with some other ones first. I will never come here again. Look at these photos and you will know why too.

• Liked — That we could actually get out alive
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
The Studio 6 Midland values traveler opinions and we appreciate the feedback. The Studio 6 Midland has been completely remodeled in early 2009 and now features spacious guestrooms with full kitchens including full size refrigerators and microwaves. The recent feedback from our guests have been very positive. The review is over a year old and does not accurately describe the current condition or service at this hotel. We look forward to your stay at The Studio 6 Midland

Been to Studio 6 Midland? Share your experiences!