“Very nice stay & honest employees. Would recommend.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast & WiFi!
Ranked #10 of 35 hotels in Midland
Katy, Texas
“Very nice stay & honest employees. Would recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Recent 3 night stay with family. Rooms were large and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was very good. My daughter accidentally left her brand new tablet computer on a couch near the front desk. On my next trip downstairs, the clerk on duty mentioned if it belonged to one of my children. I would like to say thanks to Megan for this! It could have easily been stolen. the rest of the hotel staff were equally as nice and friendly.

Hotel is apparently only two or three years old with the oil boom on-going in the area, it has no doubt seen very high occupancy. As a result, a little bit of expected wear and tear was noticed here and there. It may be about time to replace some carpet in the hallways.

Overall a great stay for us. Will definitely stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pool Closed Until Further Notice --- What Kind Of Motel Room Does $259.92/Night Buy You In Texas? 8/23/12
    We paid top dollar for our Midland La Quinta North motel room. We were on a waiting list to even get it for Wednesday night. But we were shocked to find a sign on the pool when we checked in: POOL CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. We paid more for this motel room than we paid for any other on our trip to the northeast and back. It was even more expensive than the Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal at $191.54. Maybe a pool could be closed at an America’s Best Value Inn in Van Horn or at a HoJo’s New Stanton. But we were paying a fraction of the cost there.
    In addition I unfolded a brochure advertising La Quinta Reward Cards. I recalled that this was the place where I got my card coming East in June. I wanted a new card to write my number on. The old one was getting crumpled. I was shocked to see that they hadn’t bothered to replace the brochure since I cut out the card in June. I’ll bet anything it was me. It was the same room 123 we’d occupied the last time in Midland. I can’t prove it, but I have a sneaky suspicion.
    There were all sorts of oil workers and workmen hanging around the motel. It’s not the sort of atmosphere you would expect on a vacation. There was even a sign up on the washing machine notifying guests that you weren’t supposed to use the guest laundry to wash oilfield work clothes. The hotel even had a painter painting the hall next to our door when we were checking out. He was dripping paint on the carpet. I had to shoo him away.
    We went to the breakfast in the lobby only to find a sparse choice of breakfast items. Worst of all, the orange juice was undrinkable just like the orange juice in Abilene. For $259.92, wouldn’t you expect fresh squeezed?
    Absolutely no value here for the dollars spent!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Traveled to watch state football playoffs in midland. I checked in to a clean room, took a shower, went down to use the computer and got a fresh bottle of water in the dinning area. Went back to the room and watched some college football on TV then went down to the weight room and banked some weights while watching more college football on the TV down there. Went up to the room and put on another layer of clothes and left for the Stadium. They won. the next morning i had some scrambled eggs and gravy and orange juice and coffee. Went up to the room and gathered up things for the trip home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This motel was clean but expensive at $399.00 per night with a 3 night minimum...the oil field is booming in the Midland-Odessa area. The room was nice, but the sheets and towels are worn and need upgrading. We were near the exit which was extremely convenient for taking out the dog, but also extremely noisy with people going in and out early and letting the back door slam. They did offer a Jason's Deli meat tray around 5pm which was a nice touch. The staff was courteous but not overly friendly. So, I have mix emotions regarding this LaQuinta. I guess we have to pay what the market will bear but it hurts the pocketbook of a small business trying to build a company in this economy.

Room Tip: We were in Room 130 which is convenient for taking out pets, but it is noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed the previous night at the Comfort Inn Suites Midland. It was a catastrophe. Stayed the 2 night at La Quinta Inn & Suites, the rooms where clean and as expected, the staff was very helpful, the service was great, the food was even better.

Great Job! I look forward to staying there again on my return to Midland.

MJW

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Midland North? Share your experiences!