“Comfortable but expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Midland
Houston, United States
“Comfortable but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Room was confortable, staff friendly. Cost extremely high - rates were comparable to downtown rates in a major metropolitan city. Staff did not extend Hilton Honors courtesies to numerous guests upon checkin.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michael R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Midland, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your review. As a Hilton HHonors member, you are one of our most valued guests. I will certainly work with the team on extending the recognition you deserve moving forward. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Michael Rosen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Midland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I arrived to my room to fins a lamp broken and in pieces. Not a great first impression. The room was clean, though nothing special. I ordered dinner from the hotel dining, was billed for the food, and after waiting to recieve it for over 30 minutes, was told that I would not be recieving any food because they had run out. They still billed me $30.00 for the meal.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michael R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Midland, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Tyson,

Thank you for writing your review. I sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. At Hilton Garden Inn we take pride in delivering a problem-free, enjoyable hotel experience. I know that you have been contacted by our Assistant General Manager regarding your charges. If you would like to speak further please reach out to me at michael.rosen@hilton.com.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Beautiful new hotel with lovely, comfortable rooms. Unfortunately, from the first call to reserve rooms to checkout, each staff person seemed to be clueless. First problem occurred when I reserved 3 rooms and got confirmations for 2. When I called to check on this, the same person remembered me and my request for 3 rooms but didn't seem to understand that he had only reserved 2. I also asked for no feather pillows due to allergies. Upon arrival,there was a pillow at the desk for me to look at to determine if it was down or not. Staff didn't know how to figure this out. With that said, training would help an d the hotel is excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review and the kind words about the property. I have recently taken over as General Manager and am working with the team to enhance our service levels. I am confident that you will notice the improvement. With that said, if there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to reach out to me at michael.rosen@hilton.com.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

After staying at many hotels in Midland over the past 5 years (and being very displeased) I tried the new Hilton Garden Inn and was very pleased! I travel for business, but not related to the oil & gas industry. The staff was very friendly and professional, the room was clean and maintained very well (which cannot be said for many of the other Midland hotels) and the overall environment was hospitable. I spoke to the General Manager and relayed my satisfaction. I will be a return guest for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Adam B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Midland, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests as it helps us improve and continue to provide a high level of service for our guests. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make it a pleasurable visit to Midland. We hope you come back and see us soon here at the Hilton Garden Inn, we'll be ready for you as always. You can count on us!!
PEORIA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a great hotel for one of the newer ones in the Midland area. It's location is perfect for everything. Nothing is too far away. Everything at this location was great. Staff was excellent. Hotel had 2 bars with a good selection of everything.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Adam B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Midland, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and for selecting our property to serve you during your time in Midland. We value your feedback. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your time here. The two bars we have here on site are one of our many features that we are glad you took advantage of, maybe next time you'll also try having dinner here at our wonderful restuarant. On behalf of myself and the team here at the Hilton Garden Inn, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back during your next trip to Midland, TX.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were in town to take in a minor league baseball game and this hotel was extremely convenient and very comfortable. The staff was unfailingly polite and professional, and the room was all we could have hoped for ... quiet and clean. The only drawback (as with most Hilton Garden Inns) was the breakfast arrangement. Confusing and limited for the price. Overall this was a very good pick for us, and we will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and for selecting our property to serve you during your time in Midland. We value your feedback. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything and we are very close to the baseball center so it is very easy to come and go from the hotel if you are here for a game or one of their events. On behalf of myself and the team here at the Hilton Garden Inn, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back during your next trip to Midland, TX.
midland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Had no problems with this hotel. it was clean and people were friendly. In any city other than midland it would be considered overpriced but that is just par for the course in midland. Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and for selecting our property to serve you during your time in Midland. We value your feedback. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything and that you will be returning. On behalf of myself and the team here at the Hilton Garden Inn, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back during your next trip to Midland, TX.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Midland? Share your experiences!