“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Midland
South Texas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

Our room was lovely, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast station was well supplied, and quickly re-plenished. The staff was friendly and helpful. They opened up a conference room for us to have a spur-of-the moment family meeting. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, friendly, quiet - no surprises
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything I didn't like
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2006

We had the most sleepless night ever, least restful stay ever in more than thirty years of travel. We would not stay here again if the rooms were free. This hotel had worst sound isolation of any I have ever experienced in a hotel. Every door closure shakes the walls and the resuting sound carries up and down the hallway. Sounds carry down to rooms on floors below like drum beats. Every foot step can be heard or felt in the rooms below and to either side. The Hilton chain should be ashamed of the poor quality of the construction and NEVER build another hotel using this design.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2006

The hotel was quiet for us, with a nice staff, good breakfast and a decent exercise room.

It is not as convenient to the I-20 as hotels usually are, but neither is any other hotel. Finding it off Loop 250 took some time.

But, if I was travelling from Dallas to El Paso, I would make this the rest stop. Good proximity to Odessa, Petroleum Museum, Meteor Crater, Bush Homestead.

Stayed February 2006
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2006

I'm a big fan of Hampton Inns. I stay at several of their properties each month, and am always impressed. Not so with the Hampton in Midland.

This is the first hotel I've ever stayed in where you can hear people talking in the next room. Not yelling, but talking. I was on the top floor, and could feel the floor shake when people walked in neighboring rooms. The room doors slam shut, and you can hear them from way down the hall. Overall, a noisy hotel.

The beds are comfortable, but they're not the awesome Cloud Nine beds found at other Hamptons. Breakfast is average for Hampton: biscuits, eggs, muffins and bagels.

I can't recommend this Hampton. Next time I am in Midland, I'll stay at the Holiday Inn Express, which appears to be in the final stages of construction.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Woodland Hills, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2005

We stayed here for one night (October 30th) so that we could be near the airport for our flight the next day. We were very pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice the hotel was. We checked in very efficiently around 7pm with very little hassle. When we opened the door to the room, a light was on and the bed was turned down for us. The room was clean with tasteful decor. The bathroom was nice and clean and had a nice showerhead. Breakfast was served from 6 - 10am and had a variety of tasty foods including bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, eggs and sausage. Since check-out was at noon and our flight was not until 4pm, we waited in the lobby on a very comfortable couch and watched the flat screen TV. The smell of fresh baked cookies was in the air and we later got to enjoy them as they were offered to the guests at the check-in counter. The front desk clerk was helpful in arranging our transportation to the airport. The only negative was that we had requested a late check out and was told by the manager the night before that it was not possible. While sitting in the lobby I heard another guest telling the front desk clerk that she was authorized by the manager for a late check out, at which my husband and I looked at each other with raised eyebrows, but overall, it was a very pleasant stay. I would definitely recommend the Hampton Inn for a comfortable overnight stay.

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

I stayed here a couple of nights last May. I liked this hotel and would stay here again, however, it'll take a team of wild horses to drag me back to Midland anymore.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Midland TX? Share your experiences!