“If I paid 100 buck a night, this would have been great...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save with AAA
Ranked #11 of 35 hotels in Midland
Midland, United States
“If I paid 100 buck a night, this would have been great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

If I was paying a reasonable amount of money to stay at this hotel, I would have seen my visit as perfectly satisfactory. But instead, like all hotels in the area, the prices are super inflated. For 280 bucks a night (325 after tax) I expected a gold toilet seat and a bear skin rug. Instead I had extremely poor internet connection (got absolutely no work done at the hotel) and limited sleep as you could hear every move someone made above you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was a little off the freeway, but it was totally worth the extra 5 miles to get to! friendly staff, and very well kept! cute little fixins around the hotel. Free breakfast served early, and there is always a front desk staff available. parts of the hotel were under renovation, but I couldn't tell because it was kept up so well.

Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The sign in the lobby says, "Please Pardon Us As We Are Renovating". That is an understatement. I stayed in room 201. The minute I exited the elevator and began walking on the trampolene-like floor of the hallway I knew I would be in trouble. When I arrived at my room the following issues made this room a nightmare: The bed had collapsed all the way to the floor. There was no support under it at all. The refrigerator in the room kept my soda at a brisk 85-degrees and there was no microwave at all. Like the hallway, the floors in the bedroom and bathroom were plyboard underlay and springy. The grout in between the bathroom tile had cracked away complately. The water from the shower immediately ran in between the cracked tiles and down to the room below I am sure. The sink in the bathroom had a water saver that was barely a trickle making shaving a time loss issue in the morning. The television never tells you what channel you are watching so if you are a channel surfer bring a note pad and pen to write down how many "clicks" on the remote control since you last saw a program worth watching. There are absolutely no restaurants anywhere near this hotel. I had to call a taxi to take me to a restaurant. The upside to this horrible experience was a wonderful young lady named Ruby who was on the desk that night. I called down and asked why there were no vending machines and she advised me to come to the desk. When I got there Ruby gave me a sack full of snacks and I was VERY grateful because I was VERY hungry! The room had included 2 small boxes of small blue pills but there was no language on the boxes to advise what they were. I guessed at bath salts because they were in the bathroom with the shampoo. I paid $300 for one night at this awful hotel. Hilton properties needs to pull their license and enroll them in Super-8 or Travel Lodge because this place is unclean, unsafe, and inhospitable.

Room Tip: PLEASE stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

.....hair on the sheets as soon as you pull the comforter down.

The hotel is in a fine location & the staff at check-in were extremely friendly.

It's been recently renovated, so everything is clean and modern, except for the sheets. As soon as I pulled the comforter down, there was a very long hair on the sheet, right in the middle. The sheets were also extremely wrinkled, so they have obviously been slept on and not changed. Thank GOODNESS I always take sheets with me, so hubby is getting them out right now.

I never do a hotel review right after we check-in (we just arrived after an 11 hour drive), so the last thing that I wanted to deal with is nasty sheets. At this point, it doesn't matter how great the breakfast may be in the morning. The nasty sheets have already killed it for me.

Hubby told the front desk and they offered to give us extra points (we're Hilton Honors members). No number of points can make up for this!

Brownfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is probably the best hotel in Midland, and the best priced. I will definitely stay there again. The hotel was in the perfect area close to everything in Midland. We booked into another hotel the day before and ended it not sleeping there because of how disgusting it was. When we first walked into this hotel we were more than pleased.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Burleson, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

An average to below average hotel that is Way over priced for what you get!!!! The remote for the TV didn't work in my room. The TV didn't work in my Brothers room. The only elevator quit working so we had to drag our bags down three flights of stairs. The way we found out the elevator was broken was a hand made sign taped to the elevator door.

Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We made reservations at this hotel because it was next to a movie theater and within walking distance of several restaurants. It was more than we usually pay for a hotel and had fewer amenities, but all the hotels in Midland were high. Breakfast was great and had lots of choices.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Midland TX? Share your experiences!