“Pretty average MexTex” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Oklahoma
“Pretty average MexTex”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Midland has dozens of Mexican and MexTex eateries. This one is "run of the mill". The menu is predictable and nothing is extraordinary. I have eaten here twice and came away with "I think I will try some others before I come back. Service is ok and pleasant. Nothing separates this place from the rest.

Visited February 2014

Midland
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Casa Del Sol is a little restaurant with some different options than most Mexican food places in town. I love their Tequila Basa Fish, Queso and Mexican Stir Fry. Everything I have ever tried is good! They also have a $2 happy hour on Thursdays ALL DAY, excellent margaritas. It is a nice break from all of the chains that you have to wait for a table. You can always walk right in and sit down. I will say that it is a little pricey at lunch in my opinion, but it is worth it for the good food and to not have to fight the crowd.

Visited August 2013
Big Spring, Texas
“Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The grilled, bacon wrapped Jalapenos and delicious! I like sitting outside on the patio. Metropolitan but beats the inside sports bar equivalent.

Visited November 2012
Midland, Texas
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great food, good service. I love their salsa which says a lot because we eat Mexican frequently and I am picky about salsa. Also, their chips are the super thin, crispy kind which I love. I always get the chicken "Mexican stir fry." The only drawback is that they still have a smoking section and it is located right by the front door--no bueno.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Artesia, New Mexico, United States
“wc access not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Wheelchair accessible is most important for me and most all of the places I have been too are not, Texas is suppose to be up to date with this particular problem,