“Stuck here for 6 more nights but will never stay here again!” 1 of 5 stars

Scottish Delight Motel
3307 W. Front St., Midland, TX 79701   |
Ranked #26 of 35 hotels in Midland
Huntington, Texas
“Stuck here for 6 more nights but will never stay here again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have been here for 3 weeks this time around. Last year they charged us $300 a week, this year it is $425 a week. We have not had hot water for 2 days. I called them about it again this morning and they said the hot water heater is busted and they had to order another one and it will be a few days. Said they would give me a key to another room where we could take a shower but could not move us to another room and will not give us a refund. I just paid for a week yesterday, before I knew that we would not have hot water for several days. We will be in this area for a good long while, but as soon as our week is up we are out of here! That is no way to do business, especially since we have had family members get a room here 2 different times when they were in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Houma, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This is by far the worst motel for ghe price !!! They charged others $ 275 wk and was charging us $490 wk!!! Got but up by something in the bed!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I will start by saying the only good things about this place is that all rooms have a mini fridge and a microwave. The rest is bad.

We are stuck here now for about 2 months. The so-called high speed internet is only working if I open the window and set my laptop against the screen to get a weak signal. But that is not the bad part...there is BLOOD STAINS ON THE WALLS!!! My headboard is messed up and taped back together. I think there was a stabbing in here is what it looks like. This place is filthy. I don't know when the last time the shower or bathroom floors were "properly cleaned". We went straight to Walmart for bleach and shower cleaner.

The hotel is old and needs renovating. That would be ok if it was just clean! I can't stand this filth. Stay somewhere else if you can. I would pay more money if anything was available. There are no rooms all over town because a pipeline is coming through.

People here are actually calling other hotels and telling them to call them ASAP when a room is available so they can move to a different hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

I would give this motel a negative rating. The owner/manager was rude and refused to rent a room to me after they had already expressed to me over the phone that they had vacancies. My experience was sad and unfortunate. My intention is to try to raise awareness about this motel, so that it will not happen to anyone else.

• Stayed April 2012
Levelland, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

It was a old motel with stains on the walls. The bed was hard , there was cable, one roach in the bath tube. It was a slummy neighborhood. it was just ok not the best, not the worst.

Room Tip: ASK For what you want, Nice and clean, not crummy
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010 via mobile

For the price I expected something average which is fine. I did not expect filth and used soap. Spend your money somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2010
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Scottish delight motel is very clean and very nice rooms for a cheap price. I would surely reccommand this hotel. They don't have break fast and swimming pool. Otherwise If you looking to payless and better accommodations than I am suggesting Scottish Delight Motel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Scottish Delight Motel? Share your experiences!