“Good, especially for the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Midland
Bakersfield, California
“Good, especially for the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

It was hard to pay the rate for this hotel when it seemed to be pretty basic. However, the staff was wonderful, it was clean, breakfast was great, and the area seemed to have a lot of dives that would be scary to stay in so we were thankful to have this. I would stay here again. Very kid friendly and close to Starbucks and Walmart. No major traffic, bright lights, or things to keep you up at night.

Room Tip: Thier was a room right next to the main stairway. I would ask to not have that room or the one next...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks. Upon my arrival I received a very friendly greeting at the front desk. My room and bathroom were very clean. The room came with a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Housekeeping did a good job of cleaning although some days they did not arrive until 4:00 pm. Free breakfast was
ok. I would definitely stay here again. Also NO PETS ALLOWED! !!

• Stayed March 2012
rajpat78, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Midland, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize on housekeeper cleaning your room a bit late. We are trying to remedy this by hiring more qualified staff to join our team
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Nice, quiet hotel. Everything was clean and very quiet. The hotel is set back from the highway, so noise is not an issue. There is an older hotel next door, but the parking lots are seperated, no issues there. Breakfast was great- fresh fruit, cooked oatmeal, parfait, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, etc. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed January 2012
rajpat78, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Midland, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I understand the selection of restaraunts is low, but Midland is growing right now. Hopefully in the near future more restaraunts will be available nearby the hotel.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Country Inns and Suites in Midland is located on I-20 on the south side of Midland. The location is convenient to the airport (only 15 minutes away) and also to Centurion and to Plains tank farms on the south east side of town. Restaurants and other amenities are scarce in the area but the hotel is nice enough and provides a nice hot breatfast and has coffee 24-hours per day. The Petroleum Museum is very close by but is not a particularly interesting attraction. Downtown Midland and the nicer part of town are on the north side and not along I-20.

Room Tip: All rooms seem pretty nice. The hotel is set back plenty far from I-20 so there is no noise problem...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

It is not a pet friendly hotel. Do not attempt to go there if you have pets.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Our extended family had to travel to Midland from the East Coast & Midwest for a funeral of a close member. The travel agent for my husband's company booked this hotel for the visit he made before our relative passed away, and when we all returned two weeks later for the funeral, we used the Country Inn again.

I cannot say enough in praise of the staff! They knew the reason for our stay and they went out of their way in every way to make our stay comfortable and as pleasant as it could be under the circumstances.

While at a nearby restaurant, I picked up a stack of takeout menus to bring back to the hotel for them to hand out as needed. The next day, the manager sent a tray of snacks (from the vending machines) and water bottles to our room with a kind note.

The rooms are more than adequate for families staying for any reason. Our daughter & her husband used a suite and their 2 yr old napped on a bed while they were able to work on their laptops in the sitting room. The hotel has folding cribs, too.

There are two closets in the suites, and a nook with a counter that holds the coffee maker, and microwave & fridge underneath. So you have some counter space to set up snacks or food you have brought in, or store food such as snacks for kids, etc. There is also a little cabinet under the microwave so you can keep things out of sight of kids if you want (but that is in their reach).

The breakfast is great --- not gourmet level but the sausages and bacon are fine, the egg dish changes daily, and there is a full selection of fruits, cereals, bagels, etc. There are 2 or 3 kinds of coffee.

While we were there, several high school sports teams came in and stayed for their golf, softball, & tennis tournaments. We thought, oh no, there will be running up & down the halls and noise all night -- no such thing. My compliments to the coaches and teachers of West Texas on their fine young ladies and gentlemen. The hotel fed these teams their breakfasts earlier or later than the rest of the guests so they would not take over the dining room.

The lobby is set up as a sitting area with a fake fireplace & books on the shelves that you are welcome to read, and borrow to be returned to any Country Inn later, if you wish. Our family used this area more than a few times.

They are conveniently located if you are coming into town from the airport, just take rte 20 east. There is a sandwich place a long block away (can be walked) and a huge Walmart is a short drive if you need to pick up anything.

I don't know if I will ever return to Midland, but I know where I will stay if I do! And I am going to look for Country Inns & Suites in other places, too.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Midland, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you very much for those kind words! I am thrilled my staff went above and beyond for your accomodation. We pride our self on trying to give the best customer service possible for our guests. I am also happy that we along with the school staff were able to maintain order with the school kids.

The staff of Country Inn & Suites are sorry for your loss, and we wish you and your family a brighter future.
Isle of Wight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Stayed for a night on the way to Big Bend National Park - really impressed throughout from the warm Texas welcome from the front staff offering us a fresh brewed coffee and cookies while we checked in through to the comfort of the rooms and general atmosphere of the hotel. Big bedroom, really comfortable bed, and all the usual facilities. Excellent breakfast with great choice. As we arrived in the dark and left early cannot comment on the area around that was mentioned in previous reviews but we had no issues in that regard and felt quite safe leaving our SUV in the car park . Certainly for our purpose it was perfect.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward on having you as a guest in the future.
P.S. I hope your trip to Big Bend National Park was just as perfect.