“Overpriced, used and abused hotel in an oil boom town!” 2 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn - Midland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3610 Bankhead Highway, Midland, TX 79701   |
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Midland
Sherman, Texas
“Overpriced, used and abused hotel in an oil boom town!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Because of the "oil boom" in Big Spring, Midland, and Odessa, you will not find a decent priced hotel anywhere! You can find a used and abused hotel every where though! At $150 a night this place is making good money yet the "upgrades" look like they were done by my Pre-k students! The effort is there but the quality is lacking.

If you decide to stay here, the big white arrow pointing to the BACK of the property is a big hint; the hotel is behind the other two so go ahead and drive on back! Don't expect a super cheerful receptionist because there wasn't one. She was a lot nicer to my husband than she was to me! Apparently she couldn't figure out I had the right last name but not first name...I didn't have a reservation but my husband sure did! Once that was settled we wind around to our room in the court yard! Trash every where, lighting not the best. Room was big but like I stated earlier was not put together with quality workmanship!

Like others complained about, I too found the sheets "looked like" there was a "used" imprint look to them, there was pubic hair on the sheet and some other "fuzzy" things. Coffee pot was broken, knob broken off the cook top. poor hubby couldn't figure out how to get the shower to turn on(pull down on round thing on spigot where the water is coming out). The heat/cool unit looked new and worked well. Yes, there is train tracks behind the hotel. Brought back childhood memories so I didn't mind that part. They didn't blast their horn at least.

While hubby said, "it wasn't too bad!", I say we won't be back! If you can avoid these three towns altogether you will be better off. Or, if you can afford $300+ a night there are some very nice hotels on the west side.

Room Tip: West side or just inside court yard area if train noise bothers you
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is by far without a shadow of a doubt the WORST HOTEL EVER that I stayed in my entire life. Filthy is an understatement this place in my opinion should be condemned!!
I wanted a refund as soon as I walked in room and front desk was very rude and would not give me a refund needless to say that night is one I will never ever forget a living nightmare

Stayed April 2013
round rock, tx usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

By far this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in Midland. the room is so dark you can't really see very well. I left the door open and could tell the room was absolutely filthy and furniture, countertops etc were at age that exceeded their useful life. The grounds were barren, no grass or shrubs, just dirt. It felt like I had entered a 4th world country. I voiced my concern at the desk, they refunded my money without any difficulty. they understood! I strongly recommend NOT staying at this motel.

Room Tip: best tip for you to find a good room is to go to any other motel in midland!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I knew that Midland hotel/motels sell out quickly due to work out there. This was my 1st time visiting my territory. First thing i noticed was the heavy scent of smoke in a non-smoking room. Second was all the black marks, of tar or dirt all over the ENTIRE carpet. Third the wall had white patches all over them. Forth the bathroom had black tar allllll over. Fifth I actually found a bug in my BED. DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

Dont stay. Its a living hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got bed bug bites and they are rude and donr care

• Stayed April 2012
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I have stayed here alot of times in the past few months, we stayed in a double king bed that the beds was separated by a room, had kitchen with frig microwave no oven, great wifi, big comfy beds 2 bathrooms, no pool though and said no dogs and we travel with a very house broken dog who brings the leash to walk him. thats really the only bad thing. Very nice lady that cleans the rooms, I dont know what other ppl has seen we have stayed in two different rooms and both were great we stay like a month at a time. nice paint and but really awesome beds.

Room Tip: room 239 I believe last one on top
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hobbs, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We got to Midland late and could not find a room. It was here or the car. The Lady at the front desk was very nice. The room was dirty,the carpet looked like it had never been vacumned. The bathroom was not clean, I didn't even want to touch anything in the shower. The sheets on the bed didn't look like they had been changed from previouse guest. The towels in the bathroom were dingy and I wasn't sure they were clean. Just don't stay there!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Midland? Share your experiences!